Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Realistically When Will We Get Live Football At Dens?

Wattie Rojas

5 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

They're stepping up a league next season, they were top of the table but had played more games, they'd applied to go up anyway and been accepted, I'm not sure how that all works. They play in the East Premier League (South) or something like that, crowds vary on the weather (no stands or shelter, playing on an astro at the moment) and play in red and black vertical stripes. They're good to watch, got a couple of decent guys up top and a couple of decent CB's. The left back is capped by Scotland in the Cerebral Palsy team. At this level you get some high scoring games and its a fiver to get in, a pie AND a bovril is 2 quid. What's not to like. 😃

Sounds great, Ive googled them. Like the home top, same as Freigburg who I follow👍 Top of the league, you glory hunter

Fiver to get in is great value. Any idea what you are going you charge for hospo ? 🤔

• Funny 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
35 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Ha, funnily enough, its been discussed, when they do move to just outside my back gate I've considered rejigging a room to have a couple of high chairs by the window and put a wee beer fridge in, half time pies (and beans..... no expense spared) wouldn't be an issue. There's a bog next door (also facing towards the pitch) so you wouldn't need to miss any of the action, assuming you're not shy (frosted glass so you'd have to open the windaes). If you were a diehard Rosyth fan you might be put off with the Dundee memorabilia though. 😉

So, I can watch the game while I eat pie and beans and have a pee, all at the same time? 

No wonder you're raving about Junior football mate, this sounds like some sort of new nirvana (and no it doesn't smell like teen spirit!)!

13 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

They're stepping up a league next season, they were top of the table but had played more games, they'd applied to go up anyway and been accepted, I'm not sure how that all works. They play in the East Premier League (South) or something like that, crowds vary on the weather (no stands or shelter, playing on an astro at the moment) and play in red and black vertical stripes. They're good to watch, got a couple of decent guys up top and a couple of decent CB's. The left back is capped by Scotland in the Cerebral Palsy team. At this level you get some high scoring games and its a fiver to get in, a pie AND a bovril is 2 quid. What's not to like. 😃

Seriously though, that's great value and sounds good fun. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

9 minutes ago, DeeMo said:

Sounds great, Ive googled them. Like the home top, same as Freigburg who I follow👍 Top of the league, you glory hunter

Fiver to get in is great value. Any idea what you are going you charge for hospo ? 🤔

Need to wait for them to get their own ground first, its all been figured out, just waiting on Lidl (or whoever) to buy their old ground and money has been ring fenced for their new 'field of dreams', its been a couple of years now and everyone is getting hacked off. At the moment you'd need to stick your head out the window so not much cop.

9 minutes ago, barkblue said:

So, I can watch the game while I eat pie and beans and have a pee, all at the same time? 

No wonder you're raving about Junior football mate, this sounds like some sort of new nirvana (and no it doesn't smell like teen spirit!)!

Seriously though, that's great value and sounds good fun. 

Aye, it is, I used to go and watch them when I wasn't going to watch 'us' but I've been involved with the running of the grounds where they play and found out how screwed they were (local politics involving their old council ground and them now playing at the astro behind my house) and started getting a ST just to put a wee bit of cash in, as I wasn't going to Dens as much last year I thought I'd watch them more. I'm really enjoying it, smaller and more local crowds mean you know plenty of folk too and its just as passionate as the big leagues. Its not a 'replacement' for Dundee but its definitely another option, especially when I can't (or won't due to finances) go to watch Dundee. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

Need to wait for them to get their own ground first, its all been figured out, just waiting on Lidl (or whoever) to buy their old ground and money has been ring fenced for their new 'field of dreams', its been a couple of years now and everyone is getting hacked off. At the moment you'd need to stick your head out the window so not much cop.

Aye, it is, I used to go and watch them when I wasn't going to watch 'us' but I've been involved with the running of the grounds where they play and found out how screwed they were (local politics involving their old council ground and them now playing at the astro behind my house) and started getting a ST just to put a wee bit of cash in, as I wasn't going to Dens as much last year I thought I'd watch them more. I'm really enjoying it, smaller and more local crowds mean you know plenty of folk too and its just as passionate as the big leagues. Its not a 'replacement' for Dundee but its definitely another option, especially when I can't (or won't due to finances) go to watch Dundee. 

Hmm. Desertion I reckon.😄 Serious crime against DFC therefore you will be hunted. Bayonet fixed. Yeah, Juniors can be entertaining and it's affordable. At its lower levels, an official from each club may be required for linesman duties and the resulting bias can be comical and/or infuriating. I can remember one particular official running the line with flag in one hand, cigar in the other.😄

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barfly said:

Hmm. Desertion I reckon.😄 Serious crime against DFC therefore you will be hunted. Bayonet fixed. Yeah, Juniors can be entertaining and it's affordable. At its lower levels, an official from each club may be required for linesman duties and the resulting bias can be comical and/or infuriating. I can remember one particular official running the line with flag in one hand, cigar in the other.😄

The boy who does it for Rosyth makes me look like Charles Atlas, he's also credited with the best line I've ever heard from a linesman, "whole f*cking ball ya prick !" which was shouted at an opposition fan who dared to call the ball out when Rosyth were attacking. 😂 

My desertion is more to do with FPS's aggressive ST sales approach than anything else, last year I spat the dummy with the 2 weeks to get it at the previous years price. I know they reneged but that was my line in the sand. Wasn't going to get one for next season either but that was more an economics things, we're doing our damndest to get rid of debt, as its turning out with the whole covid thing, probably a good plan, the economy is going to be a bit bumpy for a while.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

The boy who does it for Rosyth makes me look like Charles Atlas, he's also credited with the best line I've ever heard from a linesman, "whole f*cking ball ya prick !" which was shouted at an opposition fan who dared to call the ball out when Rosyth were attacking. 😂 

My desertion is more to do with FPS's aggressive ST sales approach than anything else, last year I spat the dummy with the 2 weeks to get it at the previous years price. I know they reneged but that was my line in the sand. Wasn't going to get one for next season either but that was more an economics things, we're doing our damndest to get rid of debt, as its turning out with the whole covid thing, probably a good plan, the economy is going to be a bit bumpy for a while.

And I'm at that stage of life where value for money eclipses blind faith for a football club. Buying a season ticket is no longer an automatic financial commitment to DFC. Not on my limited funds.🙁

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barfly said:

And I'm at that stage of life where value for money eclipses blind faith for a football club. Buying a season ticket is no longer an automatic financial commitment to DFC. Not on my limited funds.🙁

I'm sure I'll get ours again, probably relatively soon but this 'same well' has dried up for now, we've even not bothered going to Dens when we could have, grudging the 48 (plus) quid. When we had the ST's it was something we just did. Its gave me more weekends (pre lockdown) to get off hill walking or camping too. Going to watch football at a fraction of the price has helped too, I've been able to take in a game then sod off to the woods for a wee wild camp. 👍 Other pastimes are available too of course. 😉

49 minutes ago, Barfly said:

At its lower levels, an official from each club may be required for linesman duties and the resulting bias can be comical and/or infuriating. I can remember one particular official running the line with flag in one hand, cigar in the other.😄

I was anticipating that ending "....flag in one hand, baseball bat in the other"  😄  

In the mid 70's, when I moved to Stonehaven, and played in the Mearns summer league (good standard, mix of juniors, juveniles, amateurs, and the occasional pro 'ringer'....one a young arab striker). Gourdon & Johnshaven were hard as nails sides, used to bring 4-5 busloads of 'fans' straight from the pub. One game v Gourdon, our left winger skinned the right-back & was off up the touchline, only to be felled by a couple of hefty kicks from visiting fans who didn't want their team losing....the linesman tried to stop them assaulting our winger, and was chased up the touchline by a few guys armed with bottles. Lawless coastal teuchter towns, eh. 

• Funny 2

Ross county chairman Roy MacGregor is today reported saying: 

"I think we'll be fan-less until maybe Christmas and then we'll find a way.

"If we are fan-less, we need to find a way to either transit games live or have a delayed transition. We've got to be open to everything because the reality of where Scottish football is going to be is beginning to hit home."

Ian Maxwell the SFA chief executive has stated the football authorities are considering a 3 stage approach to football returning in Scotland with stage 1 a 4-6 week return to training in June (possibly starting on the 10th) ; stage 2 games played behind closed doors ; and then stage 3 playing with crowds once it is deemed safe to do so. The SFA and SPFL have a meeting with the Scottish Government on Friday and this may give a better idea of what is feasible. I can imagine that once crowds are allowed back it will be staggered % of the stadium capacity - starting low and building up. How that will be worked with season ticket holders could be a problem especially for those clubs with a high number of STs v ground capacity.

Will fans initially have to wear PPE (face mask or visors and gloves) to attend? Will the clubs have to fully deep clean in between games (a major task for the arabs i would imagine 😈)?

10 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I'm sure I'll get ours again, probably relatively soon but this 'same well' has dried up for now, we've even not bothered going to Dens when we could have, grudging the 48 (plus) quid. When we had the ST's it was something we just did. Its gave me more weekends (pre lockdown) to get off hill walking or camping too. Going to watch football at a fraction of the price has helped too, I've been able to take in a game then sod off to the woods for a wee wild camp. 👍 Other pastimes are available too of course. 😉

I'd guess when football finally resumes at Dens we'll all be celebrating like it's Christmas. Sad, desperate addicts, begging for a fix.😄 Meeting people you haven't seen for many months will remind us of the social value of the beautiful game. We'll then be cruelly reminded how dire Scottish football is after ninety minutes of pure torture.😆 Dear Lord, why am I so weak?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Double Blue said:

Ross county chairman Roy MacGregor is today reported saying: 

"I think we'll be fan-less until maybe Christmas and then we'll find a way.

Was reading today that Oxford scientists are worried there will be nobody to test their vaccine on in September as the virus is disappearing so quickly.

Is there any sense in keeping fans out of grounds in October and November if there are no cases?

• Star Post 1

12 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Was reading today that Oxford scientists are worried there will be nobody to test their vaccine on in September as the virus is disappearing so quickly.

Is there any sense in keeping fans out of grounds in October and November if there are no cases?

The voice of reason!. Well said Cobra. 

Adblock Detected