Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Realistically When Will We Get Live Football At Dens?

Wattie Rojas

1 hour ago, BCram said:

Spot on. Get family groups organised so they can sit together. I'm sure the 2m rule will get binned, get people to wear face covers when moving around the stadium. This is absolutely not rocket science and the booking office has every seat on computer, they will know who family groups are etc. Get booking times for various sections so that the crowd attendance is staggered. 

Even if every ST turned up that would still be about 3500, which is about 30% of the total seats.

We are being sleep walked into a disaster.Remember people are trustworthy and nobody is knowingly going to go to Dens if they suspect they have covid. Those who don't have symptoms, but come along, will still act responsibly, IMO.

I hope you're right but we've seen plenty of examples of people not behaving responsibly.  Sorry to the doom and gloom guy BC but football  fans have shown over the years that we can't be trusted as a group. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I think with a series of rules from face masks to no away fans the championship can operate reduced capacity football quite comfortably and within risk appetite from  september onwards.  However, it could be  because of various factors including overcrowding on public transport there may be maximum limits of say 5000 - 10000 fans and that would have a huge negative  impact on the OF (tears are rolling down my eyes).

Surreydee, you see why DFC and all the Championship clubs need to mobilise and press for these sensible crowd limit arrangements. The Championship and lower division teams can cope with them and the big teams can't. Full blown conspiracy theory I admit. We need to get grumpy. What's the Courier doing, local radio, this is their local area and they are just following what the big boys want. That's   why they are talking about playing games with no fans present. Germans are in the same boat, big teams, big crowds unable to cope with allocating a 25/30% crowd because they don't know how to choose the fans who can attend, either that or they will go bust if they only have 25/30% occupancy.

We can do this and I bet all the other clubs could too, apart from maybe Hearts, Rangers and Celtic and maybe Aberdeen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCram said:

Surreydee, you see why DFC and all the Championship clubs need to mobilise and press for these sensible crowd limit arrangements. The Championship and lower division teams can cope with them and the big teams can't. Full blown conspiracy theory I admit. We need to get grumpy. What's the Courier doing, local radio, this is their local area and they are just following what the big boys want. That's   why they are talking about playing games with no fans present. Germans are in the same boat, big teams, big crowds unable to cope with allocating a 25/30% crowd because they don't know how to choose the fans who can attend, either that or they will go bust if they only have 25/30% occupancy.

We can do this and I bet all the other clubs could too, apart from maybe Hearts, Rangers and Celtic and maybe Aberdeen.

I suppose for the bigger clubs the logistics of handling such a small number of spectators makes it not worthwhile doing.  But, at our level and for a good few teams in the top division, it could work and be viable. We mustn't just let it slide because it isn't being done.

1 hour ago, BCram said:

The costs of testing players is likely to be prohibitive for most of the lower league clubs. A number of them have indicated they can't play until these restrictions are removed, any crowd limits are only a part of the issue. 

2 hours ago, Alexis said:

The costs of testing players is likely to be prohibitive for most of the lower league clubs. A number of them have indicated they can't play until these restrictions are removed, any crowd limits are only a part of the issue. 

Fair point ...  I was assuming/hoping either by autumn the level of community transmission drops to a level where testing is not needed by September and/or the cost of testing drops as the country gets more economies of scale

Scotland: 1 new death and 18 new infections. Lockdown largely still in place.

England: 108 new deaths and 8,000 new infections. Lockdown rapidly ending.

Quite a contrast between the two countries. England opening up too quickly could be a problem for us a few months down the line.

4 hours ago, Cobra said:

Scotland: 1 new death and 18 new infections. Lockdown largely still in place.

England: 108 new deaths and 8,000 new infections. Lockdown rapidly ending.

Quite a contrast between the two countries. England opening up too quickly could be a problem for us a few months down the line.

Completely agree Cobra but as this thread shows people don't want to hear it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barkblue said:

Completely agree Cobra but as this thread shows people don't want to hear it. 

We gotta stick firm on this and whatever your politics I think our FM will do so. I  hope she gets it right As I am sure most of us do.

My sister has started visiting folk and using their loos but she is not being allowed to visit me As we are all working and deemed essential workers, and two of us go into work while two work from home. Taking no risks.

• Like 3

Cobra look at South Korea and Germany which eased their lockdowns only to have to reintroduce them following a spike in new infections. Is that what you want to happen in Scotland? Are you so desperate for a return of football with fans in attendence that you are willing to risk that? Englands reported deaths per mln is 50% higher than Scotland's high number and it is suggested Englands figures are under-reported (look at yesterday's increase of 400 relating to previously non reported cases). England is making more mistakes with reopening schools; outdoor markets etc and I would hate for Scotland to follow their examples.

• Like 1

Most of Europe is kicking off this month I see.

The amateur outfits in Austria's second division get underway tonight to complete their season while Scotland can't allow for a few play-off games. Frustrating.

30 May – Serbia, Lithuania, Israel, Ukraine

2 June – Austria

4 June – Portugal

6 June – Greece

11 June – Spain

12 June – Turkey

13 June – Slovakia, Romania

14 June – Sweden

16 June – Norway

17 June – England

19 June – Switzerland

20 June – Italy

21 June – Russia

Was reading this article 'social distancing is over' and it has me wondering if we'll see a new strategy for football stadiums if this month fails to produce a second wave of the virus on the back of all these protests.

"The protests are basically a natural experiment that scientists could never have ethically undertaken: Do massive outside gatherings — including singing, chanting, screaming and coughing — spread covid-19, or not? They may well demonstrate, once and for all, that the risk of spreading covid-19 outdoors is negligible. At which point, throw open the bar patios and backyard barbecues!"

Adblock Detected