Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Realistically When Will We Get Live Football At Dens?

Wattie Rojas

8 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Surely you could have aired this in the 'Politics club' rather than here.

I think if Cobra edited "politicians" to say "Government", it's 100% relevant to the OP, and contains no party bias....and factual, sadly. 

But I'm biased, though.  ;)  

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
41 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

I think if Cobra edited "politicians" to say "Government", it's 100% relevant to the OP, and contains no party bias....and factual, sadly. 

But I'm biased, though.  ;)  

It just smacks of point scoring, there's been plenty evidence of countries 'massaging' the figures, we'll not know where the UK stands until its all done and dusted. 

Don't get me wrong, I think they've made a hash of some of it (testing especially of which I have 'expert' opinion of from Mrs Root) but I'm not sure this is the thread to dishing out the 20/20 hindsights. Just my tuppence worth, I'm happy to debate this stuff myself, I do both online and when meeting (solitary) dug walking pals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

Surely you could have aired this in the 'Politics club' rather than here.

I could have done but I don't think it's active at the moment.

I should have avoided the word "politicians" because it wasn't my intention for people to take potshots at Boris and Sturgeon. Also if it's the experts leading the decisions here and Down Under then it's less about politics and more about the science.

I can understand your annoyance at my post but if nobody is able to enter Dens until 2021 and some clubs go under, it's going to be hard to talk about the crisis without expressing frustration with some of the decisions that have been made.

On another note, the Aussie PM is more right-wing than the UK's so praising their response can't be considered a pop at Conservatism if that's what you were thinking.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I could have done but I don't think it's active at the moment.

I should have avoided the word "politicians" because it wasn't my intention for people to take potshots at Boris and Sturgeon. Also if it's the experts leading the decisions here and Down Under then it's less about politics and more about the science.

I can understand your annoyance at my post but if nobody is able to enter Dens until 2021 and some clubs go under, it's going to be hard to talk about the crisis without expressing frustration with some of the decisions that have been made.

On another note, the Aussie PM is more right-wing than the UK's so praising their response can't be considered a pop at Conservatism if that's what you were thinking.

Even more so than the 'votegate' stuff, we need to wait and see what happens with the Covid 19 stuff. By all means, 'reinvigorate' the Politics club but to air your views on it here just seems a bit crass. I'm happy to discuss it with you either on there or by PM if you want, I'll play nice.... honest.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Even more so than the 'votegate' stuff, we need to wait and see what happens with the Covid 19 stuff. By all means, 'reinvigorate' the Politics club but to air your views on it here just seems a bit crass. I'm happy to discuss it with you either on there or by PM if you want, I'll play nice.... honest.

We need to wait and see with Covid to a large extent but I don't think it's premature to say Australia and NZ have done a better job than the UK at containing the virus.

I've got zero interest in discussing party politics to be honest. I'd be happy to park that until next year at the earliest. I'm just interested in the Covid stats and I'm following the impact on football. I thought I could make a comparison with Down Under because it was relevant to this thread.

I imagine I'll be able to watch Sydney FC long before I can next watch Dundee FC. Surely it's possible to touch on why that is without getting bogged down in personal political differences.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

We need to wait and see with Covid to a large extent but I don't think it's premature to say Australia and NZ have done a better job than the UK at containing the virus.

I've got zero interest in discussing party politics to be honest. I'd be happy to park that until next year at the earliest. I'm just interested in the Covid stats and I'm following the impact on football. I thought I could make a comparison with Down Under because it was relevant to this thread.

I imagine I'll be able to watch Sydney FC long before I can next watch Dundee FC. Surely it's possible to touch on why that is without getting bogged down in personal political differences.

I don't have a vested interest in the politics of this, I just don't see any gain in looking to point a finger until we know what's what. I'm sure both the media and the Opposition parties will be more than happy to dish out the 20/20 hindsight wisdom but they are more or less playing nicely for now. In the grand scheme of things, does it matter who's kicking a football first.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I don't have a vested interest in the politics of this, I just don't see any gain in looking to point a finger until we know what's what. I'm sure both the media and the Opposition parties will be more than happy to dish out the 20/20 hindsight wisdom but they are more or less playing nicely for now. In the grand scheme of things, does it matter who's kicking a football first.

New Zealand has effectively eliminated the virus. I'm not sure what we need to wait for to say they've handled the situation better than most.

It does matter when leagues can start up and when fans can attend games because the countries that have failed to deal with the virus will see football clubs go under.

"As for football – it too will mirror the importance of hygiene, as well as player and spectator welfare. Facilities will need to be improved before we return so will present an important legacy."

The above quote is from Dr John MacLean the chief medical consultant in an article about the return of professional football in Scotland in today's National.

This suggests not only will our clubs owners have to improve toilet facilities in the south enclosure but even ensure there is hot water and enough paper towels, or hand driers, in the Bobby Cox. Who knows they may even get the tvs in the Coxy working to show hand hygiene infomercials 😈.

• Funny 4

41 minutes ago, Cobra said:

New Zealand has effectively eliminated the virus. I'm not sure what we need to wait for to say they've handled the situation better than most.

It does matter when leagues can start up and when fans can attend games because the countries that have failed to deal with the virus will see football clubs go under.

I'm still not sure what the benefit of comparing how different countries are dealing with this until its all done and dusted. As for the football, well, I'm sure we can do our bit as fans, lets leave the businesses to take advantages of the government systems in place. This will be my final post on this, this thread isn't the place for it, there are plenty other mediums to get into the politics of it so have it Cobes.

• Like 2

The pandemic is likely to stretch on for two more years with recurring spikes until roughly two-thirds or more of the population is immune, according to a new report.

Can you imagine Dens not opening again until 2022?

Gun To The Head GIFs | Tenor

10 hours ago, Cobra said:

I'm not being a government apologist, nor am I trying to downplay the efforts made by NZ, but it is well documented that geographic demographic are a big factor i.e. dense population centres such as London and New York are likely to see greater numbers than more remote areas. Of course, there are a myriad of other factors but I'd not be using NZ as our comparitor.

Anyhow, this virus isn't a sprint so let's see how the numbers play out at the end of the day rather than now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

I'm not being a government apologist, nor am I trying to downplay the efforts made by NZ, but it is well documented that geographic demographic are a big factor i.e. dense population centres such as London and New York are likely to see greater numbers than more remote areas. Of course, there are a myriad of other factors but I'd not be using NZ as our comparitor.

Anyhow, this virus isn't a sprint so let's see how the numbers play out at the end of the day rather than now.

Scotland and NZ are pretty similar in terms of population and density. They're on 19 deaths and we're on 1,515 but there are differences (such as them being a lot closer to China). We can always revisit the stats in 6 months to see what has changed.

Adblock Detected