The Dark Blues

Dodds

Rate this topic

Bumping  his gums about Nelms now. How bitter can he get? As if anyone would want one half of the most useless, ineffective management teams in our history back again? f**k off Billy, and shut up.

• Like 1
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did think Richard Gordon tried to reel him in bit he was off on one. Not a surprise that Dodds's comments were not further commented on by English, Miller or anyone else on the programme. I hope he

On Sportsound in Saturday he made it clear his dislike of Nelms because he did not get Dens job and associated that behaviour with Nelms behaviour on the vote. Said he would not trust Nelms and at tha

There is no surprise in his behaviour. Twitter and social media are having a detrimental effect on TV channels. Even the biggest Twitter stars don't really come near the power of TV channels in their

On Sportsound in Saturday he made it clear his dislike of Nelms because he did not get Dens job and associated that behaviour with Nelms behaviour on the vote. Said he would not trust Nelms and at that stage I think he should have been pulled from the debate as he had no rational view.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1
2 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

On Sportsound in Saturday he made it clear his dislike of Nelms because he did not get Dens job and associated that behaviour with Nelms behaviour on the vote. Said he would not trust Nelms and at that stage I think he should have been pulled from the debate as he had no rational view.

His views on Nelms on Saturday goes against what he said at the time. 

38 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

He came across as a bitter wee man on sportsound - no attempt to hide his desire to slander John nelms / criticise the club . What an a**

I wondered about the legal side of that... Slander? Did Dodds say JN was a liar? 

Had there ever been such a fall from grace for one of our heroes? Dodds said he felt a lump in his throat when taking off his Dee Jersey for the last time I recall. 

Edited by blueboy
40 minutes ago, blueboy said:

I wondered about the legal side of that... Slander? Did Dodds say JN was a liar? 

Had there ever been such a fall from grace for one of our heroes? Dodds said he felt a lump in his throat when taking off his Dee Jersey for the last time I recall. 

I’m not sure if it would make the grade for slander mate but certainly did easily for being in unprofessional bitter tadger

There is no surprise in his behaviour. Twitter and social media are having a detrimental effect on TV channels. Even the biggest Twitter stars don't really come near the power of TV channels in their ability to influence events. It's this broadcasting of social media by the BBC, Sky and ITV that creates the real influence. Used to be that they broadcast the journalism created by the tabloid press but now everyone just uses the fake facts and controversial opinions that are expressed, without any sanction, on social media.

Dodds, IMO, was not badly treated. He didn't get the job after John Nelms was made aware of the personal animosity that existed between Dodds and Dee supporters. We gave his pal McIntyre the job and stuck by him until it became obvious that he was not what we required.

It is disappointing when a commentator behaves in the way that Dodds has and its inconceivable that a sports commentator on any sport, other than football, should behave in this way.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

I did think Richard Gordon tried to reel him in bit he was off on one. Not a surprise that Dodds's comments were not further commented on by English, Miller or anyone else on the programme. I hope he reflects on it and is embarrassed or even received a warning from the BBC for sailing close to the wind.

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

I did think Richard Gordon tried to reel him in bit he was off on one. Not a surprise that Dodds's comments were not further commented on by English, Miller or anyone else on the programme. I hope he reflects on it and is embarrassed or even received a warning from the BBC for sailing close to the wind.

Dodds is lucky that he has a National radio station to broadcast his personal gripes, that option is not available to the rest of we mortals.

The mistake Nelms made was not taking advice on him and McIntyre before taking them to Dens but our John is famous for making wrong decisions.

Anyway it’s all in the past.

2 hours ago, blueboy said:

Billy Dodds was and still is a hero of mine from his playing days at Dens Park.Gave all for the jersey and I was truly despondent when we sold him.

HOWEVER

You are correct......... I have never seen anyone have such a spectacular fall from grace from Hero to Zero.!! Bad enough when he played for St J, Bad enough when he played for The Sheep  but when he pulled on that top for "THEM"  that was it!!!

I remember in one Derby at the Dump I had never seen 1 player get so much abuse (maybe bar Sturrock!!)-Constant Barracking, Booing etc etc especially when "they" attacked towards the Dens Park end.

I recall it was all Tainted (like This years League winners!) when he returned to Dens- The trust had gone as i  recalled his wild goal celebrations he did against us for various teams!!

Just wasn't the same bond that he had with us when he was a player!

A shame.....Could have been a legend!!???

I think Nelms will be the Next "Billy Dodds" type figure in our history!!! ;o)

Radio Scotland has some very good pundits on occasion, Richard Gordon as a host is excellent, Tom English, Michael Stewart, Neil McCann are are all very articulate and to the point and fair most of the time, quite like Derek Ferguson for some reason as he seems genuine and valid,  (Willie Miller sometimes, but I tend to disagree with him a lot). Then you have Dodds, Preston, Alex Rae, Hartley, Boyd who are all bitter and negative towards one thing or another, whether it be one side of the old firm or former club, but no matter what they all get air time and it seems a jobs for the boys when they leave and are welcomed back.

• Like 1