The Dark Blues

Sportscene Friday Evening

Rate this topic

Looking forward for a change to watch Sportscene on Friday when they are featuring the 1985 Dundee derby when we beat United 3-2 😏😁

• Like 8
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking forward for a change to watch Sportscene on Friday when they are featuring the 1985 Dundee derby when we beat United 3-2 😏😁

I quite like those programmes that Paul Murton does for BBC Scotland blethering sh**e about lochs and the likes and had completely forgotten that he had played for us in the 90s...

Oh ah George Shaw, I said Oh ah George Shaw... Always seems underrated when we have the player polls, probably because of what happened shortly after he left I suppose.

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Neil Cameron said:

Thanks for that. I'd probably not have noticed and fancy a wee watch of that! 

1 hour ago, Neil Cameron said:

I'm really looking forward to watching it and I've got it set to record already but it better not be the 1985 Derby considering this was my first ever Derby match I attended and I was born in 1987 😛

• Like 1
1 hour ago, steven dee said:

Is it not the 1995 game when we destroyed them before the cup final? 

It is indeed. 3-0 up and cruising just after half time then ended up hanging on for grim life at the end.

Sorry guys it must be the shock that the BBC Sportscene are showing extended highlights of a Dundee derby win. It was 1995. 

Stay safe everyone 👍

if I remember correctly we played them aff the park that day but being Dundee we still were hanging on for the 3 points

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, OCDee said:

It is indeed. 3-0 up and cruising just after half time then ended up hanging on for grim life at the end.

I'm not proud of being absolutely blazing at that game; so much so that I missed the second goal when relieving myself behind the shed after breaking the seal. 

3-0 up and pissing it to 3-2 up and shi**ing it. 

1 hour ago, Cerulean said:

I'm not proud of being absolutely blazing at that game; so much so that I missed the second goal when relieving myself behind the shed after breaking the seal. 

3-0 up and pissing it to 3-2 up and shi**ing it. 

A derby win and widdling on the shed too; it doesn't get much better.😁

• Funny 2

Some of is have talked about this for years, including a memory match as part of Sportscene.  Its taken a pandemic and no football to bring it but sounds good!

Now BBC...what did you do with the 3-3 draw at Easter Rd v Hibs in the Cup in 1974?

• Like 1

The 1995 game was amazing but also mixed with frustration as I thought we were gonna give them 5 or 6 as we dominated (iirc) so much that day.

Combined with the fact that we were in a Cup Final, Our support was brilliant that day (as usual) , the bond we had with that team of players (loved all the crazy goal celebrations etc) and the general feeling that we were "On the Up" again made this a great  and fondly remembered time.

I can still clearly recall the melee for the 2nd goal as we ripped "them" to shreds!

One good thing about recent events is that ive  been tidying up my loft and recovered some old VHS recordings of Dundee Games from 1985 onwards)

Sportscene/Scotsport featured matches and some of the brief highlight packages etc (sadly some recordings are poor,some games I knew I had are still missing/lost but some are in great condition)

A notable "Find" is the complete Sky coverage of Dundee v Rangers Cup Dens Replay (Grady).This game was very much the last "Hurrah" for the Old Dens Park for Dundee fans as they packed The Derry and The Provie Road.I recall standing near the corner of the Provie that night near the Derry - Great atmosphere with everybody standing/singing  etc

Few other games with Dundee in their "Firkin Strips" and the later Avec  ones.

This plus DEE TV has fed my football hunger!

• Like 2

Was that the game where we done that celebration mimicking the 7 dwarves I think?

George Shaw scored a header?

MY memory is terrible

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, thepole said:

Was that the game where we done that celebration mimicking the 7 dwarves I think?

MY memory is terrible

Sure was!!!!! 

We should have hit them for six that day!

8 hours ago, thepole said:

MY memory is terrible

Sure Shaw got 2 and Weighorst got the 3rd from a corner straight after h/t. Malpas scored for them and maybe Brewster with a penalty too. We ripped them to shreds and should've won more convincingly.

• Like 1