Impressions of Our U Turn

Rate this topic

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame on the SPFL for making us out to be the bad guys in this whole affair. There is no way on earth they should have published the votes before they were final and they never should have published t

I take it he'll not be going to the ground of any of the other 80% of the clubs that voted yes either.

Do people on here say that? You'd never get me posting something like that 😋

Its worth bearing in mind that football fans can be full of crap at times. How many on here have said they weren't going to this ground or that ground or even Dens again, only to go again anyway. 🤣

Its 'our' turn to be in the chair, its Dundee that are getting the tuts and sighs, the 'oohs and ahs' of footballs chattering classes. It will pass.

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Its worth bearing in mind that football fans can be full of crap at times. How many on here have said they weren't going to this ground or that ground or even Dens again, only to go again anyway. 🤣

Do people on here say that? You'd never get me posting something like that 😋

• Funny 6
4 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Living in Edinburgh, just had first Jambo tell me he will never visit Dens again. I could not be bothered engaging with him.

I take it he'll not be going to the ground of any of the other 80% of the clubs that voted yes either.

• Like 5
  • Star Post 2
  • Administrator

Shame on the SPFL for making us out to be the bad guys in this whole affair. There is no way on earth they should have published the votes before they were final and they never should have published the fact that our vote wasn't cast. The SPLF doing this was nothing more than pier pressure just to get their own agenda through.

If they really cared about every other club apart from Rangers and Celtic, they would have released the cash to help out clubs in dire need of it, without worrying about titles and relegation.

In my humble opinion, the SPFL were at fault for this whole fiasco, and, this shows why there needs to be a clear out in that office.

• Like 8
  • Star Post 1
1 minute ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Shame on the SPFL for making us out to be the bad guys in this whole affair. There is no way on earth they should have published the votes before they were final and they never should have published the fact that our vote wasn't cast. The SPLF doing this was nothing more than pier pressure just to get their own agenda through.

If they really cared about every other club apart from Rangers and Celtic, they would have released the cash to help out clubs in dire need of it, without worrying about titles and relegation.

In my humble opinion, the SPFL were at fault for this whole fiasco, and, this shows why there needs to be a clear out in that office.

This might still happen 

• Like 1

So, the idiot at the SPFL hadn't checked his quarantine/spam folder. It really as as banal as that. OMFG.

No impropriety? Clearly they were only asked to look for it in a few places. Had they looked at the basic administrative actions or the basic governance of the vote itself, they would have found a secretarial staff that doesn't understand how email works and a leadership that doesn't understand how votes work. Which is a pity because it was a vote and email was one of only two methods to be used to cast votes.

At thre risk of coming over all Sevco, I think we do now need a full independent investigation.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Dondeh said:

Breaking:-

Dundee vote: SPFL-commissioned investigation finds 'no evidence of impropriety'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52416651

Reading that, its pretty much as the club have stated. They cast their 'solidarity' vote, the SPFL didn't see it (spam filters) so as the fecked up way the SPFL ran the vote, the club realised that they might be able to squeeze more out of the SPFL. 

We just need to wait and see what comes to pass. I doubt we'll ever find out how the other clubs owners (as opposed to the fans) feel about it.

All I want to know is why John Nelms changed his mind and if any of the other Board members, including Tim Keyes, were involved in making that choice. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Wowzer 1
3 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

The SPFL's behaviour was scandalous and we should never have been put in that position but nobody forced us into a U-turn. We were offered the chance to be the panto baddies and we accepted. I suspect most clubs in our position would have said: "We've voted. End of".

• Like 2

Rangers are calling a meeting of all 42 clubs to start an independent enquiry with a number of things to be investigated. This will happen on Monday I think. It is all on the BBC website.

9 hours ago, Cobra said:

The SPFL's behaviour was scandalous and we should never have been put in that position but nobody forced us into a U-turn. We were offered the chance to be the panto baddies and we accepted. I suspect most clubs in our position would have said: "We've voted. End of".

I'm in your camp on this, Cobra.

We voted No. We should have stuck to that. We set ourselves up to be the bad guy. 

• Like 2

And we also secured a REAL chance of demolishing the current set up - SET UP for the Old Firm that is!

Whether this ultimately secures promotion in the next season or even this one, only time will tell. 

We were forced into a change of vote by the SPFL's stupidity. We voted with all but 2 Championship teams and ONLY because the SPFL's timing of their premature vote announcement, were DFC cast as the bad guys. Could have been any other Championshop side. Had it been, say Morton, wouldn't they have taken the opportunity after finding themselves dropped into the sh.t , (or casting vote to put it another way), to help release funds to struggling clubs, to look after their own interests and to reconstruct a corrupt system? Of course they would have!

Why would we have just rolled over and let Celtic/SPFL continue to rule over the minions?

Well done Mr Nelms.