Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Best Televised Dee Performance

Cobra

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The best definition of a false dawn you could think of. Remember driving home afterwards excited at what we were going to do that season.  Dominant all over the park, KT strolled it just by his presence almost and without no McPake or McGowan. Heady times.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Why that team never went on to do really well I will never know..... I will never forget that day as it was one of the best performances from a Dundee team in a long time (Either that or Killie were just sh**e! lol).

Killie were particularly bad, said that to boys around me who were sitting at half-time saying we'd win the league.

7 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Killie were particularly bad, said that to boys around me who were sitting at half-time saying we'd win the league.

Yeah, noticed that 'super stopper'  Mark Connolly getting the pish ripped out of him.

Wonder where he ended up?! 😜

Easily the best single performance I’ve seen from a Dundee team. Genuinely thought a trophy had our name written on it in the very near future. Football fans exaggerate a fair bit with the old “1 or 2 nil going on 10” but that was definitely the case that day, if we had won by 7+ there would have be no complaints from Killie.

Even the following game v Hearts for 45 mins we took them apart and should have won easily but hearts tweaked a bit (if memory serves me they end up playing rugby and launching it up to Jaunma) and we had no answer. Same with the McPake 2-2 derby, we were well on top, totally controlling the game and looked on course for a comfy win until Thomson went off.

A season of what could have been but that Killie game was a special performance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steven dee said:

Was there not a Sunday afternoon BBC game against Hibs where we were playing sensational football, particularly Caballero, then the game get called off with the snow?? 

Yeah thats right. Thankfully we played even better in the rearranged game though it wasnt televised. Best dee performance ive ever seen. Then again i wasnt at killie.

• Like 1

The following week (after Killie) was the best 45 minutes by Dundee I think I've seen from a Dundee side. We totally outclassed Hearts from what I recall but only led 1-0 and were bullied in the second half and lost 2-1. We never really started firing again until just before Christmas when we battered Hamilton. By March we were in fine form and most folk on here thought we'd win at Ibrox in the cup but unfortunately we didn't turn up.

Adblock Detected