The Dark Blues

Dundee XI

Rate this topic

Two rules...

- No player in the XI can have played in the same team as any of the your other 10 selections.

- All XI have to have played in your lifetime.

What's the best team you can come up with?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cobra that was a toughie here goes with a couple of fillers:                            Rab Cammy Kerr  Iain Phillip Jim Duffy Kevin Ratcliffe   Charlie Còoke Cammy Fraser Kevin McDonal

Superb thread Cobra Here's my effort though id probably change it in time  Speroni Jack hendry Caulker Brian Irvine Kevin Holt Kev mcdonald Jim McAllister Dorrans Ge

As I think I've mentioned before, I'm sad enough to have a full list of all Dundee games I've been at (as of the end of last season (not this) 662 games), our line-up, the score of each game, attendan

Cobra that was a toughie here goes with a couple of fillers:

Rab

Cammy Kerr  Iain Phillip Jim Duffy Kevin Ratcliffe

Charlie Còoke Cammy Fraser Kevin McDonald 

Nemzadse 

Dandy McLean    Alan Gilzean

no room for  Jocky he played in too many teams

• Like 2

Superb thread Cobra

Here's my effort though id probably change it in time 

Speroni

Jack hendry
Caulker
Brian Irvine
Kevin Holt

Kev mcdonald
Jim McAllister
Dorrans

Georgie Shaw
Griffiths
Cannigia

• Like 2

Leighton 

McKimmie J Hendry Lockwood

Weighorst Nemsadze Strachan Connor

Wright Scott Greg

That was incredibly hard!

Leighton only if he found his Aberdeen form! Duffy played too many seasons to be included. (Centre back was a big challenge)

I think Connor left as Wright arrived. Was not easy due to my dreadful memory but I think this team would score and concede lots of goals! 

Edit: I’m swithering to swap Berra in for Hendry and provide the defence with more cover= Kamara for Strachan 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Superb thread Cobra

Speroni

Jack hendry
Caulker
Brian Irvine
Kevin Holt

Kev mcdonald
Jim McAllister
Dorrans

Georgie Shaw
Griffiths
Cannigia

Your team is pumping mine! Great picks 

Here is the greatest.

Slater

Mackimmie, Phillips, Hendry, Lockwood.

Cooke, Weighorst, Ketsbaia,  Strachan.

Cannigia, Stewart.

I think Canniggia had left for Rangers by the time Ketsbaia came. I could be wrong.

• Like 1

Here's my stab at it. Some of these guys weren't great at Dundee but I'm including them based on how good they were at their peak.

Jim Leighton

Stewart McKimmie | Christophe Berra | Steven Caulker | Craig Forsyth

Morten Wieghorst | Gordon Strachan | Chic Charnley

Jimmy Johnstone | Tommy Coyne | Claudio Caniggia

I've only gone and made it harder for myself and made it a team of players I've seen in the flesh (and the years are for my benefit!)! No prizes for guessing that I started with Caballero and Wright and made the rest work. 

This was MUCH harder than I thought it'd be but I'm quite pleased with the result. All out attack but on form, three colossuses at the back and a great keeper! Oh and NO WAY can Greg Stewart play in that system, but hey who cares??

Ally Donaldson (1976-1981)

Brian Irvine (1997-1999)                                    Darren O’Dea (2016-2019)                                      Christophe Berra (2020)

Robert Connor (1984-1986)                      Morten Wieghorst (1992-1995)                Kevin McDonald (2005-2008)                     Greg Stewart (2014-2016)

Leigh Griffiths (2009-2011)

Fabian Caballero (2000-2004)                                              Keith Wright (1986-1991)

• Like 1

Nice one Barkblue. I like the "players I've seen" addition. I'll need to have a go at that tomorrow. Adding the likes of Johnstone feels like cheating.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Nice one Barkblue. I like the "players I've seen" addition. I'll need to have a go at that tomorrow. Adding the likes of Johnstone feels like cheating.

As I think I've mentioned before, I'm sad enough to have a full list of all Dundee games I've been at (as of the end of last season (not this) 662 games), our line-up, the score of each game, attendance etc. And from that I've collated my own full player 'appearance' lists, scoring charts and things like oppositions I've seen most and so on - I've seen Dundee score 913 goals and concede 811 - for example!

I based my 11 from that list, hence players I've seen!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Superb thread Cobra

Speroni

Jack hendry
Caulker
Brian Irvine
Kevin Holt

Kev mcdonald
Jim McAllister
Dorrans

Georgie Shaw
Griffiths
Cannigia

Holt and Hendry would've played together many times surely?

13 minutes ago, Cavorter said:

Good spot Cavorter. Back to the drawing board for FG.

28 minutes ago, Cavorter said:

For some reason i thought Holt did 2 years with us but it was 3.

I'll swap him for Nathan Ralph. Think I've actually landed on my feet there. 

• Like 2