The Dark Blues

News Regarding the Forum

Rate this topic

• Administrator

I hope that everyone, family members and friends are safe and sound during these difficult times? We, at the Dark Blues wish all you well and be safe!

This is just an update regarding the forum and what is happening. Over the last few months, the amount of money from Adverts has not been covering the cost of the forum. Scott and myself have spoken about this, and Scott has kindly and graciously said he would pick up the slack during these times. The issues we have been facing with adverts has now been fixed.

On a personal note, the reason why I have not been as active as I would like on the forum as I would like, is due to my on going health issues which prevent me from being on the computer as long as I would like.

In the next few weeks, there will be a massive update to the forum software, this will require us to be off-line for a good few ours. This might mean that parts of the forum will be unavailable while we update software for the next version of our software.

Safe safe everyone!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope that everyone, family members and friends are safe and sound during these difficult times? We, at the Dark Blues wish all you well and be safe! This is just an update regarding the forum a

Thank you for your kind gesture Scott, it’s appreciated. Hope you get better soon John, stay safe.  

PS, just sent a wee donation.

Posted Images

Thanks John, for keeping in touch and generally updated  with the the personal stuff around, family brother & friends.

Special thanks to Scott for helping to cover on a financial level with additional funds, during these not so good times :happyyes:

Whilst giving him my respect, if the moment arises, maybe you can relay, my pocket money situation remains the same :tears:

Look after yourselves. You & your supporting staff do a grand job on the forum And respect to all members old & new:chaplin:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Gedee said:

Thanks John, for keeping in touch and generally updated  with the the personal stuff around, family brother & friends.

Special thanks to Scott for helping to cover on a financial level with additional funds, during these not so good times :happyyes:

Whilst giving him my respect, if the moment arises, maybe you can relay, my pocket money situation remains the same :tears:

Look after yourselves. You & your supporting staff do a grand job on the forum And respect to all members old & new:chaplin:

Thanks to both you and Scott for keeping this place going in a variety of different ways. Hugely appreciate all the work, time, effort and money that it must have demanded.

Top Dees and then some! 

• Like 3

Thank you for your kind gesture Scott, it’s appreciated.

Hope you get better soon John, stay safe.

• Like 4

A big Thank you to you both for the work you do. Take care & stay safe.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mary said:

PS, just sent a wee donation.

Weel Done Mary ... I hope you included some of your famous Baking/Cooking/Confectionery Recipes ...

PS  Eh've mastered the tablet ain noo. Mm, soft & crumbly. The soft melt in mouth toffee, weel jist isnae :bye:

• Star Post 1
5 hours ago, Mary said:

Tablet & pancakes today Gedee👍

Guid Work Mary ... I see ye've got chomp slightly excited aboot yir homemade tablet & pancakes ;)

That'll be thon Fine, Thick Scottish Pancakes. And no thon skinny, tasteless, flappy aboot kind:bouncy:

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Gedee said:

Guid Work Mary ... I see ye've got chomp slightly excited aboot yir homemade tablet & pancakes ;)

That'll be thon Fine, Thick Scottish Pancakes. And no thon skinny, tasteless, flappy aboot kind:bouncy:

They are that, thon skinny, tasteless, flappy kind are no pancakes. No sure what they are but they're no pancakes. 😉

Edited by Mary
Added words
2 hours ago, Mary said:

They are that, thon skinny, tasteless, flappy kind are no pancakes. No sure what they are but they're no pancakes. 😉

Aye Mary,  the Posher English Fowk can gie "them ains"  the fancy name o' English Pancakes, or even Crepe Suzettes ... But we ken they are no the real deal ;)

Jist like Oor Porridge. We kent fine weel, if oats wis guid enough for oor coos, it wid dae us jist fine A wee bit salt & creamy milk.Sugar, Honey? Nae Chance :bye:

• Administrator

Thank you to everyone for your kind remarks, I will pass them on to Scott for you all.

Keep safe!

4 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Thank you to everyone for your kind remarks, I will pass them on to Scott for you all.

Keep safe!

Careful John re above comment ... We dinnae want Scott to lose his focus ... Let's not overdo the sentiment ... Jist keep takin' Scott's money:chaplin:

• Funny 2
  • Administrator

Site updates.

1. I have removed a lot of unused application which were installed.
  2. I also fixed a few issues with the theme which was causing a flashing effect when the site was loading.
  3. Moved a few things into Redis to help free up overhead with MySQL. So, things should be a bit snappier all-round.

• Like 2
  • Administrator

There is an issue with the forum when trying to edit your posts.

I am trying to find out the issue, so in the mean time I will most likely put up a temp theme so you guys can still post away on the forum.