The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

News Regarding the Forum

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Site updates.

1. I have removed a lot of unused application which were installed.
  2. I also fixed a few issues with the theme which was causing a flashing effect when the site was loading.
  3. Moved a few things into Redis to help free up overhead with MySQL. So, things should be a bit snappier all-round.

It seems to be all exciting stuff on the forum ... I hope now John, you can have a wee break.

The idea of diverting Scott's Bank Statements, showing current monthly bank balance, to your address, was shrewd thinking on your part:chaplin:

There is no point in the two of you having a mental breakdown. Keep healthy & look after yourselves. As always, genuine thanks to both :wub:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

I had to revert the Theme back to a previous version to fix the edit post issues. So there might be some odd issues which need fixed, but at least you will be able to edit your posts again.

I feel bad about doing this, but I believe it is the only way to get Ad-sense adverts going again.

Ad-sense has been complaining about matched content and due to this our Page RPM and CPC has been low. I have placed some matched content on certain area's of the forum, the good news is that they look part of the site and not adverts. If you guys can put up with them for a good couple of weeks, then hopefully that will drive up our Adsense back to normal.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the extra ads for a little while.

• Like 3

Sorry, fixed some more issues from yesterday's changes which were unseen at the time.

Adverts across all types of devices should show correctly.

There is however an issue which I am working on. In some cases, Adverts might show wrong on your device, and this is due to the caching that there is on the forum, give it about a minute and the adverts should show correctly once the caching updates.

If you have any issues with the site, please let us know.

John,

(on a macbook with OSX 10.15.4 Catalina, using Safari 13.1)

I had spacing across the page problems yesterday....the topic posts text was squeezed into around a middle third of the tab, but that might have gone now.

What what happening yesterday & is still happening, when logging in & opening a topic at the first new post, within a minute this appears....click 'go to first post' & it goes up the page to earlier posts, then I scroll back down to the post I was reading, and this appears again.

There are no new posts, at least not on the topic I'm reading.

image.png.6b766ac3a4e37c1c8675be8697ba630d.png

2 hours ago, WoodStein said:

John,

(on a macbook with OSX 10.15.4 Catalina, using Safari 13.1)

I had spacing across the page problems yesterday....the topic posts text was squeezed into around a middle third of the tab, but that might have gone now.

What what happening yesterday & is still happening, when logging in & opening a topic at the first new post, within a minute this appears....click 'go to first post' & it goes up the page to earlier posts, then I scroll back down to the post I was reading, and this appears again.

There are no new posts, at least not on the topic I'm reading.

image.png.6b766ac3a4e37c1c8675be8697ba630d.png

Was going to say the same, I'm using a laptop with windows 10 and getting similar prompts.

12 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Was going to say the same, I'm using a laptop with windows 10 and getting similar prompts.

This should have stopped now though?

3 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

This should have stopped now though?

Will let you know, it happened just before I posted John.

6 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Will let you know, it happened just before I posted John.

I have a feeling that this is an issue with our default theme. Let me know if it continues and I will think of something else to be done. 

• Like 1

It just happened to me now

Sorry folks,

I have had to change the theme to a temp one until I can get to the bottom of the issues which many are experiencing right now.

I hope to have the theme redone over the weekend.

Opening a topic no longer takes you to the first new post since you last logged out (with the green line across the page), always takes you to the top of page 1.

Maybe this is just part of the temporary 'theme' you mentioned earlier today?

4 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Opening a topic no longer takes you to the first new post since you last logged out (with the green line across the page), always takes you to the top of page 1.

Maybe this is just part of the temporary 'theme' you mentioned earlier today?

Sorry, it is part of the temp theme.

• Like 1

Hi John....when you have a 'spare minute or two' (from bug fixing), would you mind having a look at the topic "attachment file size limits" in the Forum Support bit, couple of other members now having the same problem.

Thanks,
WS.