Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Tele Player Ratings for Season

Cobra

Tele player ratings for season  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the ratings?

Thoughts on what DCT have come up with?

Paul McGowan – 6.7
Kane Hemmings – 6.67
Fin Robertson – 6.6
Declan McDaid – 6.52
Graham Dorrans – 6.5
Jordan McGhee – 6.4
Jordon Forster – 6.26
Jack Hamilton – 6.23
Shaun Byrne – 6.2
Jordan Marshall – 6.17

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Can't read too much into that considering Marshall was in with a shout for player of the season until his injury and Byrne only played a few decent games.  Also, the Tele gives six out of ten most weeks and rarely gives twos or nines like we do on here!!!

Edited by kemback1997

I think Fin is a curious one in third place. Obviously a fantastic young talent but his starts have been rare since September because he's not quite ready to be a fixture in the side.

I suppose though if you've a 16-year-old holding his own in the first team you're going to give a high rating.

McGhee is one I'd expected to be higher and he's been a real stand-out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

I think Fin is a curious one in third place. Obviously a fantastic young talent but his starts have been rare since September because he's not quite ready to be a fixture in the side.

I suppose though if you've a 16-year-old holding his own in the first team you're going to give a high rating.

McGhee is one I'd expected to be higher and he's been a real stand-out.

Are they not averaging out scores across the season though? 

I've always found the scores handed out in the paper (not just DCT) to be pretty much as middle of the road as possible.

36 minutes ago, barkblue said:

I've always found the scores handed out in the paper (not just DCT) to be pretty much as middle of the road as possible.

In that regard they're probably less emotively scored as the fans do. We see lots of 1's or 2's when we've done it on here before. I guess the journos are a bit more dispassionate about their scores.

1 hour ago, barkblue said:

Yeah I think they are averaging them out over the season. Maybe not the best way to assess the top performers of the season.

14 hours ago, Cobra said:

Yeah I think they are averaging them out over the season. Maybe not the best way to assess the top performers of the season.

Arguably the most consistent performer should win POTY. However, it can mean (and I don't mean this a slight on Gowser, who was really good this season) that the guy who always plays 'OK' comes out with the highest score.

I was hard on McDaid in my blog report card but there's no denying that when he was good he won games for us. When he was bad, however, he was a passenger. All subjective I suppose. 

The thing with stuff like this is that when we lost a few goals you tend to find papers mark all defenders down but that's not always representative of what went on. Seeing McGhee, my own POTY,  in the bottom half of that list is bonkers IMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Arguably the most consistent performer should win POTY. However, it can mean (and I don't mean this a slight on Gowser, who was really good this season) that the guy who always plays 'OK' comes out with the highest score.

I was hard on McDaid in my blog report card but there's no denying that when he was good he won games for us. When he was bad, however, he was a passenger. All subjective I suppose. 

The thing with stuff like this is that when we lost a few goals you tend to find papers mark all defenders down but that's not always representative of what went on. Seeing McGhee, my own POTY,  in the bottom half of that list is bonkers IMO.

I am a big fan of McDaid for this reason. Like you say, there were a lot of games he bailed us out as being the only player with flair, with a team not playing well around him and little cohesion, he at least could make things happen and very often did. We have definitely changed our style of play and he's had to do a lot more defending at wing back but apart from the Ayr game where he struggled a bit in the conditions playing that role, I've never really thought there were any games where he hasn't worked hard to do what he's been set out to do and he's generally done it well. I think he gets a bit of a harder time because of his hairstyle and flashy boots (also a big game televised error like Marshall) but I've always thought he puts a shift in and I think he'll do well for himself.

I don't really think there's a huge amount between a lot of our players tbh, it's been a lot of new younger players coming in and a lot of tinkering all round to get the team to work around Byrne, Hemmings and Dorrans without conceding lot's of goals. We seemed to be getting there which made the timing of the league ending abruptly so frustrating from our perspective.

• Like 2

Adblock Detected