The Dark Blues

Jordan McGhee Has Won the Player's Player of the Year

Rate this topic

The Player’s Player award is voted for by the first team squad and this year saw 8 different players chosen with Jordan picking up the most votes from his team mates.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/jordan-wins-players-player/

Well deserved in my opinion and he was my own choice for POTY as well.

• Like 2
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that also sometimes shows up unfortunately on Gowser too, because when he's had an off day, the team tends to as well and then somehow really highlight that he's having an off day. He has

Congratulations to Jordan. A promising debut season reveals that we have signed a gifted player who will be an asset in the season coming if he maintains his consistency.

Tend to agree more with this, when McGowan does not play the team miss him.

While I've missed more games than I've seen this year (first time in a while) he was my choice in the Supporters club poll for the Player of the Year. Expect he was a lot of folks choice, fair play to the guy.

Congratulations to Jordan. A promising debut season reveals that we have signed a gifted player who will be an asset in the season coming if he maintains his consistency.

• Like 3

I don't agree with this. Think he has had more bad games than good. He was pulled off in the 6-2 defeat to United after 68 minutes with the score at 5-1!

Berra has  played better than him in the few appearances he has made in a Dundee shirt. Before Berra we had conceded more goals than we had scored.

21 minutes ago, BigG said:

I don't agree with this. Think he has had more bad games than good. He was pulled off in the 6-2 defeat to United after 68 minutes with the score at 5-1!

Berra has  played better than him in the few appearances he has made in a Dundee shirt. Before Berra we had conceded more goals than we had scored.

Well, it was his team mate's choice, so they obviously rate him. 

• Like 2

Deserved imo

In regards to my choice it would be McGhee but an argument would certainly be had if Marshall had been fit more often.

Think Hemmings deserves a shout as well. Constantly put in a shift on his own and linked up the play well. Started finding his scoring boots but he can be happy with his contribution overall.

If we had Berra at the start of the season you could potentially have been looking at Byrne, Forster, Hemmings, Marshall, McGhee and himself as well as others. All players who have performed or their form improved once we had a settled back line and players playing to their strengths

• Like 2

Personally I'd have given it to Berra anyway. We were talking about being dragged into a relegation battle before he arrived with folk screaming for the manager's head. We've been in title-winning form since.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, thepole said:

Deserved imo

In regards to my choice it would be McGhee but an argument would certainly be had if Marshall had been fit more often.

Think Hemmings deserves a shout as well. Constantly put in a shift on his own and linked up the play well. Started finding his scoring boots but he can be happy with his contribution overall.

If we had Berra at the start of the season you could potentially have been looking at Byrne, Forster, Hemmings, Marshall, McGhee and himself as well as others. All players who have performed or their form improved once we had a settled back line and players playing to their strengths

Total agreement here mate. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Personally I'd have given it to Berra anyway. We were talking about being dragged into a relegation battle before he arrived with folk screaming for the manager's head. We've been in title-winning form since.

I'd think, had the season concluded, Berra's impact might have won him the DSA award....if we'd continued or even improved on that 'last 6 games' form.

McGhee seems a good choice from the players, though the votes seem to have been very spread out, if 8 different players got at least one vote, from our first team squad.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

I'd think, had the season concluded, Berra's impact might have won him the DSA award....if we'd continued or even improved on that 'last 6 games' form.

McGhee seems a good choice from the players, though the votes seem to have been very spread out, if 8 different players got at least one vote, from our first team squad.

That was the key thing for me. It shows that the ups and downs were very much a team effort/issue/achievement this season and there wasn't really one stand out performer.

If 8 players got the nod, McGhee can only have received 4 or 5 votes at most to have won the award from his team mates you'd guess. 

• Star Post 1
1 hour ago, WoodStein said:

McGhee was a very good signing and is a decent choice. I just think that whole team was dysfunctional. We couldn't defend, we couldn't create chances, we couldn't score, we had no leadership and no identity. The transformation has been quite remarkable since Berra came in.

In defence of the players this season though I'd have to say the attitude has been excellent. With a young manager trying to adapt in the job, a new group of players struggling to gel and unhappy support, we could easily have ended up like Partick but we kept scrapping for points and did just enough to stay in the right half of the table.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, barkblue said:

Well, it was his team mate's choice, so they obviously rate him. 

Take your point and it's always a good indication of the player if the team think he has performed the best. I'm just going on the games that I watched and never felt he was dominant in any way, or showed a bit of quality.

I think he might have won POY at Falkirk the previous season, they were relegated on goal difference conceding more goals than they scored!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BigG said:

Take your point and it's always a good indication of the player if the team think he has performed the best. I'm just going on the games that I watched and never felt he was dominant in any way, or showed a bit of quality.

I think he might have won POY at Falkirk the previous season, they were relegated on goal difference conceding more goals than they scored!

It's all about opinions mate. If you look at the DSA MOTM votes they only awarded McGhee one across the whole season. Although it looks like they were watching different games from me when I see this. The beauty of football I suppose. 👍

Paul McGowan - 9
Graham Dorrans - 3
Kane Hemmings- 3
Danny Johnson - 3
Cammy Kerr - 3
Fin Robertson - 3
Declan McDaid - 2
Jordan Marshall - 2
Christophe Berra- 1
Ross Callachan - 1
Lyall Cameron - 1
Ollie Crankshaw - 1