The Dark Blues

Reconstruction With How Many Teams?

Rate this topic

How can you properly come up with a workable league reconstruction plan if as predicted some clubs wont be around to take part.

I guess make a plan on what we have now and see what happens, any club that thinks they are immune are kidding themselves our club included.

How do you continue to pay contracted players if there is no source of income?

Worrying times for everyone and it somehow seems wrong to be even thinking about football when so many people are affected by this virus.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WTF, some utter nonesense being posted here about John Nelms and the blame he should carry for the mess we are in. Had he kept the No vote, and given what we know now, does anyone believe that re

Its your right bud. Totally up to you. But Peter Marr Callum Melville  Ron Dixon  And yet John Nelms is the one who broke you. But like i said, its your choice. Just don't be

Wouldnt it be magic if all the other teams told the old firm that they were going to start up an association and leagues without them being invited to join. Maybe then a lot of people could get b

3 hours ago, Deeboy08 said:

Dundee are covered by insurance 

It will run for the length of time the policy has been purchased for, I see Aberdeen’s run out in April 

5 minutes ago, valleyboy said:

It will run for the length of time the policy has been purchased for, I see Aberdeen’s run out in April 

So Aberdeen were covered for just a few weeks?

No expert on it but usually it is a fixed sum one off payment.A guy I know has an Hotel on the West Coast and Business Interruption fot a Notifiable Disease is a fixed sum of £50,000.If they pay up but many Insurance companies are not.

Contracts run until the end of May whereby quite a few of our squad will be out of contract. With the govt furlough scheme though I'd expect Dundee to give them an extra month.

Players ooc will be Hazard, Elliot, Field, Meekings, Gowser, Crankshaw, Berra and Callachan. In the current situation I can't see too many clubs handing out contracts to players, including ours.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Cobra said:

So Aberdeen were covered for just a few weeks?

Yes, policy ran out 31st April, obviously they wouldn’t get the same terms for renewal

8 minutes ago, valleyboy said:

Yes, policy ran out 31st April, obviously they wouldn’t get the same terms for renewal

So if the football season is cancelled the day before you are due for renewal, you only get covered for one day? That doesn't seem right to me. I would have thought that any club insured against a pandemic would recoup the losses incurred by that pandemic, even if a renewal takes place during the fall-out.

If your life insurance runs out or you stop it, and die the next day, would you expect your wife to get a cheque through the door

• Like 3

All policies will have different terms, usually businesses take out 1 year policies to cover them for 12 months (much like house insurance). Any claim in that period will cover the policy period. At a guess we probably take insurance for each season so we're probably covered for business interruption (wages, loss of income) for this season only. Unless we've been very prudent I doubt we would have insured next season but you never know and I'd assume insurers are now charging very high premiums to football clubs for next season and probably excluding covid19 claims.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, valleyboy said:

If your life insurance runs out or you stop it, and die the next day, would you expect your wife to get a cheque through the door

My wife would stick me in a cupboard then renew the policy 😫

• Like 1
  • Funny 7
  • Star Post 1
21 minutes ago, valleyboy said:

If I'm covered for a pandemic I would expect to be covered against losses caused by COVID 2019 even if the losses stretched in 2020.

I can't imagine insurance companies treat pandemics in the same way they treat a camera stolen in Tenerife.