The Dark Blues

Rangers: the 'Big Reveal'

Rate this topic

We're apparently going to finally find out what they've got this Thursday. Wonder if Dundee will be at the heart of things again.

Will devastating new revelations tear Scottish football apart or will it be much ado about nothing? Rangers will look pretty stupid if they don't have something significant.

• Like 2
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Until 2012, Rangers were the establishment. David Murray (and his minions) worked with Lawell productively for a decade, they had regular meetings and worked on a lot of deals together (i.e. carling s

SPOT ON. At the risk of being inflammatory, it would appear that we certainly have a few The Rangers sympathises among the Dee support (and on this board). Or at least sympathising their cause ov

Rangers are playing a very tricky game here, I think. I get the feeling that their dossier amounts to little more than second hand accounts of a few phone calls between SPFL and some clubs. One reason

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

We're apparently going to finally find out what they've got this Thursday. Wonder if Dundee will be at the heart of things again.

Will devastating new revelations tear Scottish football apart or will it be much ado about nothing? Rangers will look pretty stupid if they don't have something significant.

I’m guessing it’s the latter and will be timed to coincide with Morelos signing for Celtic for 75k

• Funny 3

Hope they really do have something in the smoking gun department. I think the system is broken and would like to see the cosy duopoly broken up. Maybe have two first division's split Conference A and Conference B, a bit like American football with a post season knock out tournament ending with a Super Bowl Challenge for the best seeded position in the Champions League. Apologies for my heavy reliance on a little understood American football model, but something needs to change. 

Since we beat Hearts in 1986 only Rangers or Celtic have won the top division. It's a flawed system that hasn't helped Scotland, or, in truth, the OF in Europe.

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, BCram said:

Hope they really do have something in the smoking gun department. I think the system is broken and would like to see the cosy duopoly broken up. Maybe have two first division's split Conference A and Conference B, a bit like American football with a post season knock out tournament ending with a Super Bowl Challenge for the best seeded position in the Champions League. Apologies for my heavy reliance on a little understood American football model, but something needs to change. 

Since we beat Hearts in 1986 only Rangers or Celtic have won the top division. It's a flawed system that hasn't helped Scotland, or, in truth, the OF in Europe.

Was discussing it with a The Rangers supporting mate (good guy, not the rabid type, just loves football) and I said I hoped they did have some dirt, our governing bodies have been very high handed over a number of years and as we know are really only interested in the gruesome twosome. Saying that, I doubt if The Rangers have a bone of contention its unlikely to involve the unfairness of the current system favouring the OF and more to do with Sellick getting the title. We live in hope though.

Rangers will have F all. If Rangers had the damning evidence they claim they would have been telling everyone that’s willing to listen. There will be plenty of spin and hypocrisy from the blue a**e cheek but I doubt it will have any real substance. It will be entertaining however, the statements they produce are outstanding value😂.

The governing bodies in Scotland absolutely need reform but that will not be instigated but The bloody Rangers, for one they are part of the problem.

The new club forget that it was the SPFL (Doncaster) and the SFA that tried to get the admitted straight into the top flight when their corpse rose from the grave, most clubs did the right thing by sending them packing to the bottom tier and that was generous in itself.

Edited by Pepe
  • Like 2
  • Star Post 1
3 hours ago, BCram said:

Your correct, something has to change and radically.

Unfortunately as long as Celtic win the league every year the SPFL will not advocate any change.

Edited by Spiritof62
  • Star Post 1
12 minutes ago, Spiritof62 said:

Your correct, something has to change and radically.

Unfortunately as long as Celtic win the league every year the SPFL will not advocate any change.

But is change not exactly what Budge and Co are supposed to be delivering? Maybe we are being too pessimistic?

11 hours ago, Cobra said:

Was supposed to be today (well, yesterday now), and they had to delay. Methinks it's a load of sh**e. Totally unexpected from Sevco imo.

Hopefully they've got something that brings Scottish Football to its knees. Then they put the gun to the back of its head and pull the trigger. 

Vive La revolution! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Star Post 1

Although I detest the OF I do hope Rangers do have something to shake those buffoons in power after the way they've allowed the league to deteriorate.

I still have grudges re the stadium criteria 10,000 seat nonsense ,the plan to keep us out of the SPL when it started and of course the 25 points deductions etc!!

My only hope is that We are not involved/implicated in any shady stuff in Rangers reveal tomorrow!!

11 hours ago, BCram said:

But is change not exactly what Budge and Co are supposed to be delivering? Maybe we are being too pessimistic?

Colour me pessimistic BC but I can't see past this as a purely short term 'reshuffle', we know where the governing bodies and TV companies stand on the size of the league and more importantly the number of OF games. We've seen in the past that there are Quislings amongst the other teams who are happy to keep things going as they are too.

Would be delighted to be proved wrong but.... ya know.....

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

Colour me pessimistic BC but I can't see past this as a purely short term 'reshuffle', we know where the governing bodies and TV companies stand on the size of the league and more importantly the number of OF games. We've seen in the past that there are Quislings amongst the other teams who are happy to keep things going as they are too.

Would be delighted to be proved wrong but.... ya know.....

Chomp, I understand your concerns and pessimism, BUT, suppose we made a conscious decision to suppress this completely reasonable attitude and chose an agrressive optimism that, NOW, is the perfect time for change.

Expectations are powerful motivational influences, IMO,  and I think the constant expression of "reality", "past experience", "same old same old" expectations actually create such low levels for the expectation that change will come, that they make it much too easy for those who are able to deliver change to not deliver any change at all. 

Id like to see unrelenting pressure for change. Loads of ideas that can be discussed and to use a phrase from the political word, The Status Quo Is Not An Option.

• Like 1

I really hope that Rangers have something that shows corruption and cover ups in Scottish football and the disgusting institution of celtic football club who I despise with every bone in my body. I also hope Doncaster and Lawwell are at the centre of it and get their just rewards. 

But please lets hope we have absolutely nothing to do with any wrong doings at all 🤞

• Star Post 1
10 minutes ago, DeeMo said:

I really hope that Rangers have something that shows corruption and cover ups in Scottish football and the disgusting institution of celtic football club who I despise with every bone in my body. I also hope Doncaster and Lawwell are at the centre of it and get their just rewards. 

But please lets hope we have absolutely nothing to do with any wrong doings at all 🤞

But aren't The Rangers just as much a disgusting institution as Celtic? Do you despise The Rangers as much as you do Celtic?

FWIW I believe The Rangers to be a significantly more disgusting institution than Celtic.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

But aren't The Rangers just as much a disgusting institution as Celtic? Do you despise The Rangers as much as you do Celtic?

FWIW I believe The Rangers to be a significantly more disgusting institution than Celtic.

Imo they are not as much of a disgusting institution as celtic. No I don't despise them as much as celtic although I have no time for them. 

My wish would for both if them to leave scottish football but sadly that is not going to hapoen.