Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Rangers: the 'Big Reveal'

Cobra

9 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I suppose even if there is nothing in this report, the long drawn out wait for it and all the fury of the Rangers fans might have put an unbearable strain on the SPFL board members, making it very difficult for them to announce Celtic as champions any time soon. Perhaps the endgame here was simply to put the frighteners on the likes of Doncaster so that the season is declared null and void. Celtic are denied 9-in-a-row and Rangers can call off the hounds and leave the SPFL in relative peace for a while.

All leagues should be null and voided then not just the top league 

• Like 5

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
12 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I suppose even if there is nothing in this report, the long drawn out wait for it and all the fury of the Rangers fans might have put an unbearable strain on the SPFL board members, making it very difficult for them to announce Celtic as champions any time soon. Perhaps the endgame here was simply to put the frighteners on the likes of Doncaster so that the season is declared null and void. Celtic are denied 9-in-a-row and Rangers can call off the hounds and leave the SPFL in relative peace for a while.

Very possibly that's been their plan all along.

Early days but going by the journalists reaction, the press release the SPFL have gave them and that Motherwell Director's tweets (cracking btw) it looks like the other clubs and the SPFL board are massively pissed off with The Rangers. May well have overplayed their hand this time.

• Like 2

I'm afraid this just again highlights how badly Scottish football is served by the people who run it. It really is quite disgraceful. 

The dossier compiled by Rangers is well worth reading. It contains some valid concerns and asks some very pertinent questions, particularly with regard to who was influencing the vote, and the threats being made. The huge error made by Rangers was flying off the handle and demanding the suspension of Doncaster and Rod MacKenzie. They didn't have the evidence to do so at the time, and it's clear they still don't. This gives the SPFL ammunition that they really don't deserve to have, and it was a stupid move from Rangers. However, the conduct of the SPFL Board members looks to have been deplorable at times prior to, and during, the vote, especially Ross McArthur. IMO, he should be investigated.

The SPFL statement in response was rushed and poorly worded. It's clear they want to shut down this request for an inquiry by ridicule alone. They haven't acknowledged or addressed any points made in the dossier. Very suspicious. 

Rangers won't get far with this because clubs want their money and that's all they care about here. The lies, threats and allegations of bullying and coercion will remain unanswered. 

Another terrible episode for Scottish football. I don't envy John Nelms having to deal with these creatures, and I think he's handled things very professionally. 

• Like 2
  • Star Post 2

From the outset I've suspected Rangers squabble with SPFL has been motivated largely by a desperate desire to throw as much mud as possible at nine-in-a-row. They are pandering to the madskull element of their fan base who demand, at the very least, an asterisk or question mark be placed against title nine. A bit rich from a club that won a truck load of trophies underpinned by player dual contracts. That's if you accept the current club is a continuation post-liquidation. Another view might be that nine-in-a-row is much ado about nothing given Neo-Huns claim fifty-four league titles in eight years of existence.😆

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Motherwell director's comments on social media............

One day the Countrymen noticed that the Mountains were in labour; smoke came out of their summits, the earth was quaking at their feet, trees were crashing, and huge rocks were tumbling. They felt sure that something horrible was going to happen

They all gathered together in one place to see what terrible thing this could be. They waited & they waited, but nothing came. At last there was a still more violent earthquake, and a huge gap appeared in the side of the Mountains. They all fell down upon their knees and waited

At last, and at last, a teeny, tiny mouse poked its little head and bristles out of the gap and came running down towards them, and ever after they used to say: “MUCH OUTCRY, LITTLE OUTCOME.” Risible.

This is superb! Well done Mr Well. 
which director was it @Ricky Spanishas I fancy following him on Twitter if this is his style.

I have just read the Rangers report and would encourage everyone to do the same before coming to a judgement. 

Link here:

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/the-executive-summary-of-rangers-submission-to-the-spfl-agm-download.119661/

All sorts of allegations and if true highlights the sort of backhand deals, threats etc. that goes on in Scottish football. An investigation is definitely required and an overhaul of how the game in Scotland is run is needed. 

Sadly there is not much chance of that happening. While there are some real revelations from a fans point of view, club chairman will already be well aware of much of what the document alleges and aren’t interested in trying to change things. 

Edited by Edin_Dee
  • Like 2
  • Star Post 2

I'm just trying to read the dossier from the link above. I don't think I will get to the end. What I can be certain of already though, is that my eyes feel like someone has scratched them with a rusty nail. Also, there is no way that anyone with any sort of degree, let alone a law degree has had any part in this, The language used is almost schoolboy-like in places and about as vague and imprecise as possible.

Of course, it does come from a source that has form for publishing dodgy unofficial material in a child-like manner to create a smokescreen. With that in mind, I'll reserve final judgement on the contents until either, I finish reading it, my eyes stop working, or the real version is shared.

• Like 1

Some of the allegations I found most interesting were:

• £10m potentially able to be reclaimed by Sky/BT if season finishes early. 
  • League reconstruction can't happen without Sky's approval. They are unlikely to consent to reconstruction without renegotiating the contract on reduced terms.
  • Aberdeen negotiated a concession that Premiership clubs would be consulted prior to their league being called.
  • John Nelms contacted Partick Thistle the day after the vote and offered to negotiate deals with United and Raith Rovers to reduce some of their fee payments so that more could be available to Thistle. Nelms also discussed the possibility of Thistle getting friendlies with "big hitters".
  • Dundee and Inverness were threatened by the Dunfermline and Alloa chairman that unless they voted yes, the Championship prize money would be split 10 equal ways. Resulting in Dundee & Inverness losing money.
  • Dundee released a statement saying they weren't aware their vote wasn't cast until the SPFL published the results. However, this John Nelms was actually told during a conversation with Neil Doncaster prior to this. 

• Like 2

Agree Edin_Dee. Have read the executive summary and it does raise questions. It is disappointing to find so many anti Rangers posts, when if you read what they are saying there seems merit in getting answers.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Adblock Detected