Jump to content
The Dark Blues

1st Impression

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

They say in life that you only get 1 chance to make a first impression.

 

Who is your choice of player that you instantly judged as utter shyte the minute you seen him in the flesh for the first time for the Dee , i know we as fans can be too quick to judge but sometimes you think he`s murder within minutes of seeing him - now some of yours may have turned out better than you first thought but just wondered if any of use on here instantly deemed a player murder on your first impression of seeing him... so who is the worst in your opinion

Mines = Marcus Klock  (his debut , was so bad that started making awful pun jokes on his surname - "times up on him already" etc)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm pretty sure I thought Nathan Ralph was embarrassingly out his depth the first time I saw him.

He was a winger. Essential attributes for a winger? Pace, beat a man, cross the ball, the odd goal? Nah, he was not a winger, or even a player. Should have sued his Career Advisor.

Hands up in the air here.... I was at Dens for Barry Smith's debut and did not think he was a player at all. I was probably still pee'd off at big Morten going to Parkhead and hadn't really heard

18 minutes ago, CC33 said:

They say in life that you only get 1 chance to make a first impression.

 

Who is your choice of player that you instantly judged as utter shyte the minute you seen him in the flesh for the first time for the Dee , i know we as fans can be too quick to judge but sometimes you think he`s murder within minutes of seeing him - now some of yours may have turned out better than you first thought but just wondered if any of use on here instantly deemed a player murder on your first impression of seeing him... so who is the worst in your opinion

Mines = Marcus Klock  (his debut , was so bad that started making awful pun jokes on his surname - "times up on him already" etc)

Bob Malcolm. Brutal!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stephen Hughes. Not that I thought he was going to be a world beater and I'm generally willing to give players a fair crack but he was absolutely howking.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive often wanted to see that Ali Dia debut for southampton - where he bluffed his way into club pretending to be George Weah relation and within 20 min or so (i think) Souness could tell he was a fraud -i mean how bad and noticable was it for to be then subbed again in such a short time of being on pitch - that must go down as the worst 1st impression in history of football.

15 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Stephen Hughes. Not that I thought he was going to be a world beater and I'm generally willing to give players a fair crack but he was absolutely howking.

Did your opinion change on Stephen Hughes ?  im trying to think of a player that i thought was utter p1sh straight away but then changed my mind as being good or even decent

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CC33 said:

Ive often wanted to see that Ali Dia debut for southampton - where he bluffed his way into club pretending to be George Weah relation and within 20 min or so (i think) Souness could tell he was a fraud -i mean how bad and noticable was it for to be then subbed again in such a short time of being on pitch - that must go down as the worst 1st impression in history of football.

Did your opinion change on Stephen Hughes ?  im trying to think of a player that i thought was utter p1sh straight away but then changed my mind as being good or even decent

I get your point,  I've maybe called it wrong. I can't think of any that I thought were chronic that quickly, I tend to give the benefit of the doubt for a few games, a couple exceptions like Hughes and Sensara but most I'll give a bit longer to 'settle in'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I get your point,  I've maybe called it wrong. I can't think of any that I thought were chronic that quickly, I tend to give the benefit of the doubt for a few games, a couple exceptions like Hughes and Sensara but most I'll give a bit longer to 'settle in'.

Aye Sensara debut was memorable for all the wrong reasons , i never seen it so i cant comment - i cant think of seeing him at all at dens tbh.

Klock for me looked abysmal instantly for me , i did think Hemmings was gash first time i seen him but he turned out good but not to the level of klock - going off topic as it was opposite the first time i saw Dyron Daal - thought he looked class instantly (strange what happened with him)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure I thought Nathan Ralph was embarrassingly out his depth the first time I saw him.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CC33 said:

Aye Sensara debut was memorable for all the wrong reasons , i never seen it so i cant comment - i cant think of seeing him at all at dens tbh.

Klock for me looked abysmal instantly for me , i did think Hemmings was gash first time i seen him but he turned out good but not to the level of klock - going off topic as it was opposite the first time i saw Dyron Daal - thought he looked class instantly (strange what happened with him)

My memory of Daal (can't remember if I saw his first game) was that he was raw but had the physical attributes and he was effective, a bit like Curier.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I'm pretty sure I thought Nathan Ralph was embarrassingly out his depth the first time I saw him.

It seemed to be the preferred view on here after one game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

My memory of Daal (can't remember if I saw his first game) was that he was raw but had the physical attributes and he was effective, a bit like Curier.

You beat me to it Chomp. That was exactly what I was going to say.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sean Mackie with a back pass against Elgin that was somehow worse than Moussa's against Hearts sealed his fate in my mind. Played brilliant in the last derby, but there's much he'd have to have done to get that stigma away from him that I've had since that god-awful Challenge Cup game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Klok instantly comes to mind recently, looked well out his depth the second he came on. Took what has to be the worst corner I have ever seen.

Can’t remember what I thought when Bomber signed Stephen Hughes, but it couldn’t have been good. The away defeat to Falkirk I was suffering from a major hangover but still could have been more use on the park.

Thought Kamara was brutal when I saw him up at Brechin and Ralph v Dunfermline in the cup was one of the worst performances I have seen.

Going back, mind Jacinto (??) under Duffy or Kernaghan. Can remember him ripping a team apart for a half and hitting the post from an unreal angle but then disappeared. Thought he was gonna be a cracker, or am I imagining that haha!

Another one from that season and who I still have nightmares about. Stuart McCluskey. f**cking hell, utter hopeless defender. Constantly backed off a winger until he was half way up the Provie. Pretty certain my dad convinced me he would be a good, solid player after the first time we saw him. Should have stuck with my gut feeling!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.