Social Distancing

Rate this topic

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sturgeon isn't doing enough with regard to distancing. If she genuinely cared about our wellbeing she'd move the sticklebrick and all dabs to East Angus.

Well, it's going to make man marking a bit difficult and forming a wall at a free kick will be just about impossible! 😀 On a more serious note though, I think it's amazing that we're (people in g

Wearing face masks would help! Might handicap the moaners a bit, might even improve the atmosphere!

Posted Images

It has been reported that away fans are likely to be banned from all games next season. This would affect us much less than the Premier clubs if this happens and takes away at least a small part of the advantage of promotion. If we opened all 4 stands it would be interesting to know how many we could hold if social distancing rules are applied. The 2 metre rule would likely restrict attendance to below our 'normal' home attendance but it is also reported that for outside areas (does sitting in a football stand count as indoor or outdoor?) the distance may be reduced to 1 metre. We may be able to cope with our usual gate under those rules but it would make all games all ticket to control numbers and avoid turnstile entry congestion. The main problems will be toilets and the pie stalls. They may have to increase toilet capacity and maybe not have food sales. Hopefully there is a way round these problems and we can get some form of audience at the football next season.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Well, it's going to make man marking a bit difficult and forming a wall at a free kick will be just about impossible! 😀

On a more serious note though, I think it's amazing that we're (people in general, not just us) discussing how football support will social distance without taking into account that we are asking footballers to absolutely not social distance during a game of football but to then resume the practice as soon as they leave the ground - surely it's impossible in a dressing room as well?

Excellent point Barkblue. I think the answer must be that footballers have the same rights and responsibilities as supporters. This social distancing is a temporary measure whilst a vaccine and testing methods are invented.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, troodee1893 said:

It has been reported that away fans are likely to be banned from all games next season. This would affect us much less than the Premier clubs if this happens and takes away at least a small part of the advantage of promotion. If we opened all 4 stands it would be interesting to know how many we could hold if social distancing rules are applied. The 2 metre rule would likely restrict attendance to below our 'normal' home attendance but it is also reported that for outside areas (does sitting in a football stand count as indoor or outdoor?) the distance may be reduced to 1 metre. We may be able to cope with our usual gate under those rules but it would make all games all ticket to control numbers and avoid turnstile entry congestion. The main problems will be toilets and the pie stalls. They may have to increase toilet capacity and maybe not have food sales. Hopefully there is a way round these problems and we can get some form of audience at the football next season.

Not being pedantic, but if I social distance in my seat, what do I do when the guy in the middle of my row gets up for a pish during the game? Do I and everyone else in the row have to get up, shuffle out (while not maintaining social distancing with the folk in the rows in front and behind), then spread out to let the guy out and then repeat the process when they return?

Never mind the actual process of getting everyone in the ground and in their seat beforehand and then reversing the process on the way out.

I can't see a way of a football ground being used by supporters under any sort of system that looks like what we currently have to work with. 

• Like 1

Wearing face masks would help! Might handicap the moaners a bit, might even improve the atmosphere!

• Funny 4
4 hours ago, BCram said:

It'd kill the food kiosks though.. Unless we cut holes in the masks! :dunce:

4 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

It'd kill the food kiosks though.. Unless we cut holes in the masks! :dunce:

Brings a whole new meaning to "Oi you, shut yer pie-hole!" 😬

Wonder when the club shop will start selling these beauties.  Maybe with a disinfectant shower before the turnstile.  Going for a pee may be a problem though.  At my age I will probably have pyshed myself by the time I got it off.

haz.jpg

• Funny 2

Sturgeon isn't doing enough with regard to distancing. If she genuinely cared about our wellbeing she'd move the sticklebrick and all dabs to East Angus.

• Funny 4
  • Star Post 1

I suppose it would be easy enough to sell one seat in two or three. Players would be tested every week and any positives put into isolation. It would make games a bit if a lottery with players coming in and out of teams due to their status and/or symptoms.

I think we would all be used to it enough to manage social distancing as fans. Extra bogs and arrangements for food would be pretty easy to do, I think.

I am actiually looking forward to it. It will change the atmosphere at games an make the stands a lot less intense. I can see families coming and a real community atmosphere being generated as everyone tries to do their best to distance themselves with humour and respect. Bring it on, I say.

A real difficulty would be in getting people to and from the games. How to organise busses and car parking etc.

6 hours ago, Bobby Dee said:

How do we believe it will impact on the game and more importantly how will it affect us and attendances at Dens?

No fan attended games until 2021 in Scotland.

Profound negative impact on the professional football industry in Scotland.

Edited by Dondeh

Was interested in the St J announcement about broadcasting of their home games to people who pay for the privilege. Also interested to learn that they have not issued any info about the price of their ST's because surprise surprise they don't know how many games they might have to play. Common sense IMO.