Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Social Distancing

6 hours ago, Bobby Dee said:

How do we believe it will impact on the game and more importantly how will it affect us and attendances at Dens?

No fan attended games until 2021 in Scotland.

Profound negative impact on the professional football industry in Scotland.

Edited by Dondeh

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Was interested in the St J announcement about broadcasting of their home games to people who pay for the privilege. Also interested to learn that they have not issued any info about the price of their ST's because surprise surprise they don't know how many games they might have to play. Common sense IMO.

2 hours ago, andrak said:

I suppose it would be easy enough to sell one seat in two or three. Players would be tested every week and any positives put into isolation. It would make games a bit if a lottery with players coming in and out of teams due to their status and/or symptoms.

I think we would all be used to it enough to manage social distancing as fans. Extra bogs and arrangements for food would be pretty easy to do, I think.

I am actiually looking forward to it. It will change the atmosphere at games an make the stands a lot less intense. I can see families coming and a real community atmosphere being generated as everyone tries to do their best to distance themselves with humour and respect. Bring it on, I say.

A real difficulty would be in getting people to and from the games. How to organise busses and car parking etc.

The logistics of selling tickets/seats for some groups, some couples and some individuals would be a nightmare and then add in that a minority of folk simply wouldn't follow any guidelines laid out. Then work out how folk get to and from seats during games etc. I honestly think this stuff is pie in the sky.

At a guess, you'd be looking at using every third row of seats and leaving say, 4 maybe 5 seats between people not in a group (will clubs be given the onus to make sure groups aren't just mates meeting up?) and banning folk form getting up during the game - I mean the most up close and personal you get with people at a game isn't at the turnstiles, or the pie queue or the bogs, its when they brush past you to get to their seats or the bogs during the game - contact of some sort is guaranteed.

Current restrictions will have to be almost completely lifted to the extent that social distancing no longer exists to actually ensure this stuff happens in a ground like Dens, never mind at a ground where 40,000 to 70,000 want to see the match.

5 hours ago, Attilio said:

Wonder when the club shop will start selling these beauties.  Maybe with a disinfectant shower before the turnstile.  Going for a pee may be a problem though.  At my age I will probably have pyshed myself by the time I got it off.

haz.jpg

At the very least, I'd expect them to have a built-in reservoir, like a 'camel-back' in reverse, maybe a (soft) funnel into a double-skin leg pee-pouch, with a wee 'tap' at the ankle....lift your leg (without falling over :(), point it at the urinal, and open the valve.

A genuine piece of piss :rolleyes:   

They could be marketed in different sizes....S/M/L (2/3/4 pints per leg), maybe an XXXL for the 10-pint boys?  

• Funny 2

9 hours ago, WoodStein said:

At the very least, I'd expect them to have a built-in reservoir, like a 'camel-back' in reverse, maybe a (soft) funnel into a double-skin leg pee-pouch, with a wee 'tap' at the ankle....lift your leg (without falling over :(), point it at the urinal, and open the valve.

A genuine piece of piss :rolleyes:   

They could be marketed in different sizes....S/M/L (2/3/4 pints per leg), maybe an XXXL for the 10-pint boys?  

You have put way more thought into that than is normal, Woodstein!

• Funny 2

This whole social distancing thing is, following the theme of this thread, piss. The idea that people can interact but remain 1-2m away from each other is impractical. Today, for example, I had to choose between stepping out into the middle of the road or come too close to a couple walking by. We can probably all manage it 85% of the time but does the other 15% negate any benefit from the other 85%? 

Managing social distancing in a football stadium will be a lot easier than in many other places. I reckon we'll eventually bite the bullet and say f**k it, we can't go on like this and get back to some semblance of normality. By then, likely most of the high risk group will have been impacted anyway. It's my belief that most governments know this but few would admit to having it as a strategy.

3 hours ago, HK Blues said:

You have put way more thought into that than is normal, Woodstein!

Potential marketing opportunities for Attilio, not to be sniffed at, HK  ;)  

Boredom, in the midst of endlessly circuitous restructuring debate, is a contributing factor  :(  

• Like 2

Adblock Detected