The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Wattie Rojas

Hearts

Rate this topic

With it looking likely they'll be joining us I wonder if they have reductions in player contracts in the event of relegation.

You'd have thought so but given the mess Budge and levein have made and the panicked statements from Budge there must be a doubt there. 

Do they offer the high earners a free transfer? Will the players accept one? 

They've still got about 25 players contracted for next season and many of these will be on big contracts. Boyce, Washington, Naismith, Berra, walker etc.

A lot of ifs and buts but if they can keep most of their squad and keep them fit then they'll be very hard to beat. Boyce and Naismith are top players in particular. 

I reckon there will be wholesale changes at that club if they are relegated. They could very well get a deefiant type season though with the injustice of going down. I'm hoping for financial meltdown and loss of big earners obviously. 

Wasted millions this year in a desperation attempt to stay up which backfired, an upcoming transition into fan ownership which could well give way to squabbling and mismanagement (here's hoping), and far less prepared for the upcoming season as they were for their last Championship foray. I don't think they'll be the same team as they were in 2014/15. Personally I think we have a decent shot if we keep the ball rolling from our late successes in the season. Will only find out when football eventually comes back though. f**k the Hertz.

• Like 2

Will we be able to sign Berra

Depends on if they keep their manager 

1 hour ago, gblue said:

Will we be able to sign Berra

Berra at 35 ?Not for me.

6 minutes ago, dfcman said:

Berra at 35 ?Not for me.

Would love him here next season 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

With it looking likely they'll be joining us I wonder if they have reductions in player contracts in the event of relegation.

You'd have thought so but given the mess Budge and levein have made and the panicked statements from Budge there must be a doubt there. 

Do they offer the high earners a free transfer? Will the players accept one? 

They've still got about 25 players contracted for next season and many of these will be on big contracts. Boyce, Washington, Naismith, Berra, walker etc.

A lot of ifs and buts but if they can keep most of their squad and keep them fit then they'll be very hard to beat. Boyce and Naismith are top players in particular. 

But will they fancy the hurly burly of the championship . Always the question when these type of players are relegated - do they roll up their sleeves or see themselves as too good for it?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gblue said:

Would love him here next season 

If Hearts release him I'd be happy if we offered him a one year deal maybe with an option to extend, as he performed well in his short stint.

If they keep him I'm gonna start calling him sh**e again.

38 minutes ago, dfcman said:

Berra at 35 ?Not for me.

Age thing? Ability is what counts and he was head and shoulders above what I saw 

• Like 2

I think Hearts will let a lot of their current squad go, but saying that a good few of their high earners  have still got a bit of time left on their contracts so the players might decide to sit tight and  see their contracts out.

Whatever shape they will be in when the new season starts is anybodys guess, but i i feel they will be able to put together a squad that will more than likely win the division.

There is a big feeling of injustice down Gorgie way and their fans will get behind them both in numbers and with cash through the Foundation of Hearts scheme,  IMO they will be a huge barrier for us to overcome next season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thegen65 said:

I think Hearts will let a lot of their current squad go, but saying that a good few of their high earners  have still got a bit of time left on their contracts so the players might decide to sit tight and  see their contracts out.

Whatever shape they will be in when the new season starts is anybodys guess, but i i feel they will be able to put together a squad that will more than likely win the division.

There is a big feeling of injustice down Gorgie way and their fans will get behind them both in numbers and with cash through the Foundation of Hearts scheme,  IMO they will be a huge barrier for us to overcome next season.

The thing is there will be a lot of players without clubs next season so players with contracts may want to see out theirs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wattie Rojas said:

The thing is there will be a lot of players without clubs next season so players with contracts may want to see out theirs.

Yes S, a lot of Hearts current lot might decide to stay put ,as i said they might decide to sit tight and collect the cash.

1 hour ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Age thing? Ability is what counts and he was head and shoulders above what I saw 

Plus the influence he had on the rest of our defence they all improved considerably 

Would hope that if we don't make promotion by winning the Championship we might have a shot at going up via the playoffs. Could be  St J, United, St Mirren, Hamilton so let's not beat ourselves up by saying winning the league is the only thing that matters.

• Like 1