Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Hearts

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 minutes ago, Sinkie said:

Season will be voided no promotion or relegation. 

Is the promotion still by invite like before or was that scrapped. 

You OK mate?

Promotion and relegation from the Championship has been confirmed, reconstruction rejected so somebody has to come down to balance the numbers.

I'm not aware promotion was ever by invitation.

• Like 1

Yeah fine thanks.

It was when it was 2 different FAs running scittish football SPL and the SFA it was by invite but was never challenged and was nearly always automatic. 

Think its the the lower leagues that hsve agreed relagation and promotion not the SPL teams that's why Hearts are looking at challanging as that season not officially over

9 minutes ago, DeeMo said:

Pisted on another thread but will again here as its about Hearts

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-update-1

Like it says spl has not been called and as of yet no promotion or relagation and would need to be voted on too end and too void a season is different .

What the voting needs to be  11-1 i dont know but i cant see this ending well for the Dabs .

Anyway go on Hearts take them self interest selfish clubs too court they gsve the chance too change scittish football for  the better and using sky as an excuse when sky have already informed the English leagues they wont ask for the money back and its not just a few million quid there .

35 minutes ago, Sinkie said:

Like it says spl has not been called and as of yet no promotion or relagation and would need to be voted on too end and too void a season is different .

What the voting needs to be  11-1 i dont know but i cant see this ending well for the Dabs .

They don't need another vote to call the Premiership.

The vote that DFC had the deciding vote on was for all 4 SPFL divisions. The reason they've held off on calling the Premiership is that they're apparently waiting on an official clarification from UEFA and I'd also imagine they'd want to get the EGM that's been raised out the way.

SPFL clubs are to vote on a resolution recommending the termination of the 2019/20 season in the Ladbrokes Championship, Ladbrokes League 1 and Ladbrokes League 2, with final season placings determined by points per game in league matches played to date by each club.

The resolution also recommends that matches in the Ladbrokes Premiership remain postponed for the time being, to give the best possible opportunity for the remaining 2019/20 fixtures to be played.

However, if the SPFL Board determines that the remaining Premiership matches cannot be played, the Ladbrokes Premiership would also be terminated, with final season placings determined on the same basis.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-clubs-to-vote-on-curtailment-of-ladbrokes-s

Edited by Jimmy McNulty
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jimmy McNulty said:

They don't need another vote to call the Premiership.

The vote that DFC had the deciding vote on was for all 4 SPFL divisions. The reason they've held off on calling the Premiership is that they're apparently waiting on an official clarification from UEFA and I'd also imagine they'd want to get the EGM that's been raised out the way.

And they have till the 25 May to come up with a solution or call it in according to UEFA I believe so not much time with all the shenanigans going on

17 hours ago, thegen65 said:

I think Hearts will let a lot of their current squad go, but saying that a good few of their high earners  have still got a bit of time left on their contracts so the players might decide to sit tight and  see their contracts out.

Whatever shape they will be in when the new season starts is anybodys guess, but i i feel they will be able to put together a squad that will more than likely win the division.

There is a big feeling of injustice down Gorgie way and their fans will get behind them both in numbers and with cash through the Foundation of Hearts scheme,  IMO they will be a huge barrier for us to overcome next season.

Aye. Jambos supporters are loyal and I'd expect them to shift serious numbers of season tickets regardless of which division they occupy. Parachute payment will help soften their landing if/when relegation confirmed. Championship standard not great and they should have enough about them to be strong favourites to win that league. There may be a managerial change if Stendel decides to walk away per clause in his contract I believe. Maybe Avril will volunteer to take the job again, announce himself as the 'Special One'  and declare his mission as unfinished business.😄 

3 hours ago, StobbieDee said:

It's all down to the individual I suppose, it can at times be a gamble.

Cameron and Berra are chalk and cheese with the time they spent at Dundee.       Cameron treated the place like a retirement home and was for the most part of his two years on the sick list.   Berra on the other hand with his leadership skills was an inspiration to our team and transformed our Defence almost overnight.

Would love to build a team around him for next season .

I agree about Berra's transformational effect on our inept defence and said so on this forum.But I had noticed a big slowing down in his play for Hearts the season before.That was at Premier level so yes he was effective  at this level and a big help to those around him and I said he was like 2 players for the price of one.But I am looking to McPake putting together a squad which will win the Championship and go on to at least survive in the top level.I have no doubt that Berra would have another season in him at Championship level but not that he can then go on at age 37 to be good enough for the Premier

And then the player the team is  built around has to be replaced with obvious consequences.

Adblock Detected