The Dark Blues

Hearts

Rate this topic

Anyway go on Hearts take them self interest selfish clubs too court they gsve the chance too change scittish football for  the better and using sky as an excuse when sky have already informed the English leagues they wont ask for the money back and its not just a few million quid there .

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dundee assumed Stephen Hughes and Colin Cameron had plenty to offer because of their age. Aberdeen assumed Brian Irvine was finished at 32. Liverpool released Ray Clemence because they thought he was

If you can award teams titles on an unfinished season, and scrap playoff positions in an unfinished season, you have to relegate teams in the same situation. It has to be uniform, no hand picking whic

Wasted millions this year in a desperation attempt to stay up which backfired, an upcoming transition into fan ownership which could well give way to squabbling and mismanagement (here's hoping), and

35 minutes ago, Sinkie said:

Like it says spl has not been called and as of yet no promotion or relagation and would need to be voted on too end and too void a season is different .

What the voting needs to be  11-1 i dont know but i cant see this ending well for the Dabs .

They don't need another vote to call the Premiership.

The vote that DFC had the deciding vote on was for all 4 SPFL divisions. The reason they've held off on calling the Premiership is that they're apparently waiting on an official clarification from UEFA and I'd also imagine they'd want to get the EGM that's been raised out the way.

SPFL clubs are to vote on a resolution recommending the termination of the 2019/20 season in the Ladbrokes Championship, Ladbrokes League 1 and Ladbrokes League 2, with final season placings determined by points per game in league matches played to date by each club.

The resolution also recommends that matches in the Ladbrokes Premiership remain postponed for the time being, to give the best possible opportunity for the remaining 2019/20 fixtures to be played.

However, if the SPFL Board determines that the remaining Premiership matches cannot be played, the Ladbrokes Premiership would also be terminated, with final season placings determined on the same basis.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-clubs-to-vote-on-curtailment-of-ladbrokes-s

Edited by Jimmy McNulty
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, Jimmy McNulty said:

They don't need another vote to call the Premiership.

The vote that DFC had the deciding vote on was for all 4 SPFL divisions. The reason they've held off on calling the Premiership is that they're apparently waiting on an official clarification from UEFA and I'd also imagine they'd want to get the EGM that's been raised out the way.

And they have till the 25 May to come up with a solution or call it in according to UEFA I believe so not much time with all the shenanigans going on

What a mess and could of all been sorted so easily if it wasnt for selfish teams like United who have no interest in helping Scottish football.

17 hours ago, thegen65 said:

I think Hearts will let a lot of their current squad go, but saying that a good few of their high earners  have still got a bit of time left on their contracts so the players might decide to sit tight and  see their contracts out.

Whatever shape they will be in when the new season starts is anybodys guess, but i i feel they will be able to put together a squad that will more than likely win the division.

There is a big feeling of injustice down Gorgie way and their fans will get behind them both in numbers and with cash through the Foundation of Hearts scheme,  IMO they will be a huge barrier for us to overcome next season.

Aye. Jambos supporters are loyal and I'd expect them to shift serious numbers of season tickets regardless of which division they occupy. Parachute payment will help soften their landing if/when relegation confirmed. Championship standard not great and they should have enough about them to be strong favourites to win that league. There may be a managerial change if Stendel decides to walk away per clause in his contract I believe. Maybe Avril will volunteer to take the job again, announce himself as the 'Special One'  and declare his mission as unfinished business.😄 

3 hours ago, StobbieDee said:

It's all down to the individual I suppose, it can at times be a gamble.

Cameron and Berra are chalk and cheese with the time they spent at Dundee.       Cameron treated the place like a retirement home and was for the most part of his two years on the sick list.   Berra on the other hand with his leadership skills was an inspiration to our team and transformed our Defence almost overnight.

Would love to build a team around him for next season .

I agree about Berra's transformational effect on our inept defence and said so on this forum.But I had noticed a big slowing down in his play for Hearts the season before.That was at Premier level so yes he was effective  at this level and a big help to those around him and I said he was like 2 players for the price of one.But I am looking to McPake putting together a squad which will win the Championship and go on to at least survive in the top level.I have no doubt that Berra would have another season in him at Championship level but not that he can then go on at age 37 to be good enough for the Premier

And then the player the team is  built around has to be replaced with obvious consequences.

3 hours ago, Sinkie said:

Like it says spl has not been called and as of yet no promotion or relagation and would need to be voted on too end and too void a season is different .

What the voting needs to be  11-1 i dont know but i cant see this ending well for the Dabs .

I may be wrong but I thought that the resolution passed gave the power to call the top flight to the execs, the idea being that they had this hurdle with UEFA so couldn't effectively do it but this would more or less get us to the stage of calling the season.

• 2 weeks later...

So Ann Budge has delayed sending out her re-structure plan because she's still trying desperately to get enough support.

It's ridiculous we're even entertaining this attempt by Hearts to change Scottish football for one season with the sole intention of preventing Hearts going down. Can you imagine if Accies were doing this because they were relegated? It would be laughed out of town.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Cobra said:

So Ann Budge has delayed sending out her re-structure plan because she's still trying desperately to get enough support.

It's ridiculous we're even entertaining this attempt by Hearts to change Scottish football for one season with the sole intention of preventing Hearts going down. Can you imagine if Accies were doing this because they were relegated? It would be laughed out of town.

The interesting thing is this was apparently her position on 10th April. Which funnily enough was before the vote on the resolution, which she thought would fail.

“We are where we are, in the league position. If we argue everything through and everything is talked about, and basically that is what the community of football clubs believe is right, I’m not going to fight it to the death.

“How is that going to end?

“So, if we have to deal with relegation, we’ll deal with relegation.”

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18372420.ann-budge-insists-hearts-will-accept-relegation-that-community-football-clubs-believe-right/

She's in the position where 80%+ of the 42 clubs voted in favour of the resolution, a majority voted against Rangers motion brought up at the EGM, the Premiership vote to curtail the season was unanimous in favour and her "reconstruction task force" was scrapped because there wasn't enough support from Premiership clubs - yet she's still flogging this reconstruction horse and threatening legal action.

Edited by Jimmy McNulty
  • Like 1

Dark days for the Jambos it would seem. No wonder Budge is desperate. The club might not make it through this crisis.

From the Record...

--------------------

Hearts could be pushed to the brink of another financial collapse next week.

The shock news comes as a group of cash-strapped Championship rivals prepare to tell the SPFL they can’t afford to start next season behind closed doors.

Record Sport understands all 10 clubs from the second tier of the Scottish game will hold a crunch conference call on Monday to discuss plans to get the 2020-21 campaign up and running.

And at least three of them are already resigned to mothballing the division until fans are allowed to return to their grounds – with one proposal already on the table to freeze football until January and then stage a truncated 18-game season.

That will be the catalyst for Hearts to submit their reconstruction plan to the SPFL in the desperate hope Premiership clubs will agree to let the Jambos stay in an expanded top flight.

If the Hearts bid fails, they face up to seven months sitting idle in a mothballed Championship.

On Friday, Dunfermline announced a total of 17 players have been freed as they slash costs in an attempt to survive without matchday revenue until 2021.

And that’s a nightmare scenario for the relegated Tynecastle club and owner Ann Budge, who is now facing a fight to save her club from a second insolvency event – six years after hauling the Edinburgh giants out of administration.

Budge is still working on a plan for league reconstruction which she hopes will throw Hearts a lifeline back into the Premiership.

And she has received support from a number of sympathetic top flight clubs who understand the catastrophic consequences of being dumped into a division which can’t return to action.

One top flight club told Record Sport: “There is a growing realisation of the immense pressure which Ann and Hearts are now under.

“To have been relegated during the coronavirus lockdown before all remaining fixtures had been played was bad enough. But if Hearts can’t play games next season then it’s impossible to see how the club could survive.

“There is a willingness to help them out of this hole. Scottish football can’t afford to sit back and do nothing if it means losing a club of this size.”

A Tynecastle source revealed on Friday night that Budge’s paper will go to clubs on Monday.

The source said: “Excellent progress has been made on the paper that is proposing an amended structure to help Scottish football through the challenges of the Covid pandemic.

“Ann has been consulting with clubs across all leagues, to understand their individual circumstances and continues to do so.

“These conversations take time but are vital in understanding the issues and challenges clubs face and refine the content of the paper.

“As such nothing will be issued until Monday, at the earliest.”

Record Sport also understands the Championship clubs expressed huge sympathy for Budge’s plight during an online meeting on Wednesday but see an expanded Premiership as their only hope.

One club chairman said: “We have to move into survival mode now. Playing the Championship behind closed doors is not viable and that is the majority view. The Premiership might be working towards a re-start in August but it simply doesn’t work for us.”