Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

How Should Dundee Vote On Tuesday?

10 minutes ago, bp33 said:

It’s bizarre that you need such a big majority to get this enquiry under way. If it doesn’t happen, it’s going to be the same old, same old, for evermore in Scottish football. I wouldn’t be surprised, if TK and JN are considering their continued involvement.

I think this has now gone so far that Hearts and Partick will seek to challenge the original vote. It was such a shambles that in all likelihood it would be ruled invalid. If/when the vote for an inquiry fails it's just going to highlight how badly this entire situation has been handled. 

Doncaster has got away with dubious behaviour for far too long, hopefully he will be forced to go this time. 

Edited by Alexis

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
18 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Would imagine all the clubs that have a representative on 'The Board' will vote no, I think the clubs have the cash in the bank now so might be more willing to vote for an inquiry. Dunno, just wishful thinking on my part.

Hopefully they will, but wouldn’t put any money on it.

45 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Would imagine all the clubs that have a representative on 'The Board' will vote no, I think the clubs have the cash in the bank now so might be more willing to vote for an inquiry. Dunno, just wishful thinking on my part.

That's a fair point.

It's interesting that the vast majority of clubs are mute on this (including Dundee). The reason for that is (I think) is that they share the same view as Motherwell but don't want to alienate Rangers because of their travelling support. There is a lot of talk among Hearts fans that they'll boycott all away games to punish other clubs but whether they will stay away en masse 6 months from now is another thing.

Personally I hope Nelms votes yes as that is what Dees seem to want and it won't do any harm to shine an independent light what's going on at the SPFL.

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

That's a fair point.

It's interesting that the vast majority of clubs are mute on this (including Dundee). The reason for that is (I think) is that they share the same view as Motherwell but don't want to alienate Rangers because of their travelling support. There is a lot of talk among Hearts fans that they'll boycott all away games to punish other clubs but whether they will stay away en masse 6 months from now is another thing.

Personally I hope Nelms votes yes as that is what Dees seem to want and it won't do any harm to shine an independent light what's going on at the SPFL.

Definitely worth bearing in mind that as a bunch, us football fans are full of crap. Boycotts, protests, blah blah blah.... they generally come to nawt, I'm sure most owners and CEO's are used to fan based bluster so I doubt that would have much of a bearing on their thinking.

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

Definitely worth bearing in mind that as a bunch, us football fans are full of crap. Boycotts, protests, blah blah blah.... they generally come to nawt, I'm sure most owners and CEO's are used to fan based bluster so I doubt that would have much of a bearing on their thinking.

True. I suppose it depends on the level of the seethe. I don't think The Sun sell many copies in the Liverpool area and Hillsborough was 30 years ago. Hearts fan will probably get over their relegation but if it ends in admin that resentment might last a long time.

10 minutes ago, Cobra said:

True. I suppose it depends on the level of the seethe. I don't think The Sun sell many copies in the Liverpool area and Hillsborough was 30 years ago. Hearts fan will probably get over their relegation but if it ends in admin that resentment might last a long time.

I know what you mean but there's a lot of 'could's and maybe's' involved. Liverpool is a weird one, they're quick to play the Hillsborough card but speak to Liverpool fans and its almost 'what Heysel ???'. Scousers are more like Weedgies than Embra folk.

Quite a useful explanation in the Record of where we are going into Tuesday's vote...

What does it need to pass?

In total 32 clubs will need to support the resolution for an inquiry to take place.

In each division 75 per cent of clubs will have to support it, meaning if four or more Premiership clubs vote against it will not pass.

Who will vote for it?

Rangers will vote for the resolution, while Partick Thistle and Aberdeen have already confirmed that they will also back it.

Hearts and Stranraer supported the call for an EGM, while Inverness have accused the SPFL of bullying and are likely in the 'yes' camp.

Who will vote against it?

Hamilton Accies and Motherwell are represented on the SPFL board and will vote against.

Celtic will also not back the resolution, meaning if just one more Premiership club votes no it cannot pass.

Dunfermline chairman Ross McArthur is on the SPFL board and was accused of bullying by Inverness, which he strongly denies.

Alloa chairman Ewen Cameron, Ken Ferguson of Brechin City and Montrose's Peter Davidson are also on the board so can be expected to vote against.

Where do the rest of the clubs stand?

With 75 per cent support needed in each division, it will be hard to get the resolution passed.

However, a narrow margin in the final result would prove embarrassing for the SPFL and things could be tighter than expected.

Here's what we know about all the divisions, with Leagues One and Two voting as one bloc.

Premiership

One more vote in the Premiership would kill off the resolution, assuming Celtic and the two clubs represented on the SPFL board don't back it.

Rangers will clearly vote in favour and Hearts also seem certain to back a probe.

That leaves Hibs, Kilmarnock, Livingston, St Johnstone, St Mirren and Ross County.

While it's not clear what way each individual club will vote, the fact they all voted for the controversial SPFL resolution may be crucial.

Championship

Dunfermline will vote against and slammed Inverness for their accusation of bullying.

Chairman Ross McArthur has stated that four other Championship clubs have backed his version of events: Alloa Athletic, Greenock Morton, Queen of the South and Arbroath.

The resolution will need the support of at least eight Championship clubs, with Dunfermline and Alloa almost certain to vote against.

If the other clubs' backing of McArthur over the bullying accusation translates into votes on an inquiry then the resolution will fail.

Leagues One and Two

With the bottom two divisions voting as one bloc, 15 yes votes will be needed.

Brechin and Montrose will vote against, leaving a margin of three if any inquiry is to pass.

That seems unlikely as 16 of the 20 clubs voted in favour of the SPFL resolution.

Rangers must hope the evidence in their dossier has convinced almost all of those clubs to demand an inquiry.

What happens if it fails?

That probably depends on how close the vote is.

If it's overwhelmingly voted down then it's probably business as usual.

If, however, it gets close to the 75 per cent threshold it would show a huge lack of confidence in the SPFL and it's possible an inquiry would be allowed to go ahead anyway to restore lost trust.

What happens if it passes?

Welcome to the wild, wild west.

Video call starts at 11am so I imagine we'll get the result around noon.

I think it's a formality as the SPFL already have Celtic, Hamilton and Motherwell so only need one friend in another top flight boardroom to do them a favour and kill it.

Adblock Detected