Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Does Anyone

Deeboy08

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
4 minutes ago, Deeboy08 said:

Think that there’s going to be big changes about what all happening now or will it be back to square one and Scottish football being same old sh**e again 

I was really hoping that with all of this that's going on that this would be an excellent opportunity to try and make Scottish football better and expand the leagues but sadly with the top flight teams voting against league reconstruction it just shows that top flight teams only care about themselves and not the greater good of Scottish football. I just see it always being about greed and not what's best for our game. 

There is going to be a catastrophic fall in revenues if mass gatherings are stopped until next year which is going to force huge changes within clubs and some may face administration.  The premier league could continue behind closed doors but suspect it would be hibernation for the other leagues.  Will it be a catalyst for more structural change ... probably not ... 

Most clubs are so desperate to keep things exactly the same but the bottom line is it will be impossible for their not be some changes. The amount of change will be dependent on when the leagues can start again and whether any teams go bust.

Say we can’t start again until October, there is no way we’ll fit in 36/38 games and cups in time to finish by May. So there will have to be some change in the number of games. Perhaps a temporary league reconstruction will be back on the table when clubs actually know when we can restart and are forced to come up with something new. 

It might not be realistic to play games behind closed doors long term. So we might not get playing again until Feb/March. Could that lead to a change to summer football? 

If teams go bust, will they be replaced by other teams or will the number of league teams be reduced. The way clubs are acting at the moment I wouldn’t be surprised if no one else invited in. 

50 minutes ago, surreydee said:

There is going to be a catastrophic fall in revenues if mass gatherings are stopped until next year which is going to force huge changes within clubs and some may face administration.  The premier league could continue behind closed doors but suspect it would be hibernation for the other leagues.  Will it be a catalyst for more structural change ... probably not ... 

So long as the voting structure in the Premier League persists, little will change in any meaningful way. It's purpose is to stifle change and maintain the stranglehold of dominance the big city clubs hold over the lesser lights hence league reconstruction becomes notoriously difficult to achieve.

2 hours ago, Deeboy08 said:

Think that there’s going to be big changes about what all happening now or will it be back to square one and Scottish football being same old sh**e again 

A good question, while I'd like to see significant change its looking like nothing will change. The rhetoric is ramping up, ICT's musings are quite 'bolshie' which I find hopeful but I think The Rangers have made a hash of things with their 'super secret' 'Dossier' guff. I'd like an investigation but fear it won't happen so things will settle back down to where we are now. 😒

As much as i would love to see a radical shake up and things changed for the genuine good of the Scottish game, i cannot see it happening.   Too many clubs are afraid of change and refuse to look at the bigger picture.   Who knows what things will look like by the time football resumes, circumstances like clubs folding  might force  change , but   we would have to wait and see.

I have supported the Dee since i was taken up to Dens by my old man over 50 years ago,i can honestly say this whole episode ,the shambles that is Scottish football just now  has for the first time really made me consider if it is time to call it a day.

Our game is a basket case , a joke and a laughing stock ,i have been pi55ed off with our game a good few times down the years  but this shambles has to be the worst yet.

I am genuinely thinking  Is it worth it?

I dont think there'll be any significant changes. But ill give a controversial opinion here...

...i think Scottish Football is brilliant. Seriously. We absolutely love to talk about how awful it is but i love it. 

A few things id change no doubt but on the whole im a fan. 

Theres my contrarian opinion of the day. On you go...

54 minutes ago, thegen65 said:

As much as i would love to see a radical shake up and things changed for the genuine good of the Scottish game, i cannot see it happening.   Too many clubs are afraid of change and refuse to look at the bigger picture.   Who knows what things will look like by the time football resumes, circumstances like clubs folding  might force  change , but   we would have to wait and see.

I have supported the Dee since i was taken up to Dens by my old man over 50 years ago,i can honestly say this whole episode ,the shambles that is Scottish football just now  has for the first time really made me consider if it is time to call it a day.

Our game is a basket case , a joke and a laughing stock ,i have been pi55ed off with our game a good few times down the years  but this shambles has to be the worst yet.

I am genuinely thinking  Is it worth it?

The people that run Scottish football have shown they are not fit to do so and I hope one day I'll be proven wrong but I don't see the Scottish clubs ever coming together to do what's best for our game (bigger leagues etc) but don't give up on the team you have loved for over 50 years mate. It's in the blood 💙

Adblock Detected