Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dee Signing Targets

18 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

McPake interview today talks about focus on re-signing players, rather than signing new ones. Understandably doesn't want to commit to signing new players until we understand our situation in the forthcoming season. Puts a bit of doubt on the Callachan signing tbh.

Saw that earlier, just wild speculation on my part but maybe something to do with this insurance policy that we have but as fans know zero details of. 🤔

Probably wide of the mark and its more about team spirit etc.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
28 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

McPake interview today talks about focus on re-signing players, rather than signing new ones. Understandably doesn't want to commit to signing new players until we understand our situation in the forthcoming season. Puts a bit of doubt on the Callachan signing tbh.

Exactly. Given that Championship clubs may be looking at a 2021 start makes absolute sense and no other option tbf.

As it stands, the prospect of many clubs going out of business is a distinct possibility.   

3 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Saw that earlier, just wild speculation on my part but maybe something to do with this insurance policy that we have but as fans know zero details of🤔

Probably wide of the mark and its more about team spirit etc.

Love you deeply mate but I think we get the point now...

😂😂😂😇

• Funny 1

13 minutes ago, Deewee said:

Lads I’m just catching up this as came off all social media for a couple of months, was bursting my head with lockdown.

Will give you some inside info but please don’t give me any grief, just take it or leave it!

Berra is likely coming back. Told his relationship with Budge is irreparable and the only way he will stay at Hearts is if the new gaffer fights Budge on it. If he leaves Hearts then he wants to come to Dens.

Told we reached out to Andy Halliday and Jason Holt after they were released by Rangers. Halliday though is hoping to go abroad but Holt is a possibility though likely to have competition from top flight sides.

Also told there is a feeling some bargains are to be had once the plans for next season are sorted as a lot of clubs won’t be able to renew contracts of some senior players whereas our owners are plugging the gap in terms of the losses teams have made over the piece.

Welcome back and thanks for sharing Deewee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deewee said:

Will give you some inside info but please don’t give me any grief, just take it or leave it!

Also told there is a feeling some bargains are to be had once the plans for next season are sorted as a lot of clubs won’t be able to renew contracts of some senior players whereas our owners are plugging the gap in terms of the losses teams have made over the piece.

We've been missing any 'ITK' insider rumours lately, so it's good to have something other than votes & restructuring options to argue about!  :) 

Rumours of Berra maybe returning are good, even though other clubs will have noticed how he 'glued our defence together'. We can only ask & see what happens.

Re your last point, if the stories from clubs suggesting they'd rather 'mothball' for a season have any truth, then, yes, there will be guys they may be keen to let go, to loan out (if they'd like to keep them), and others out-of-contract. 

55 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

We've been missing any 'ITK' insider rumours lately, so it's good to have something other than votes & restructuring options to argue about!  :) 

Rumours of Berra maybe returning are good, even though other clubs will have noticed how he 'glued our defence together'. We can only ask & see what happens.

Re your last point, if the stories from clubs suggesting they'd rather 'mothball' for a season have any truth, then, yes, there will be guys they may be keen to let go, to loan out (if they'd like to keep them), and others out-of-contract. 

Aye, we could speculate to accumulate.... what could possibly go wrong..... 🙄

The club does seem to be in a strong position here if there are guys who maybe wouldn't normally come to us although I'd guess there would be clauses about big clubs putting in bids. Fair play to FPS if they're willing to put their hands in their pockets (again). 

9 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Aye, we could speculate to accumulate.... what could possibly go wrong..... 🙄

I was meaning released or loanee players from 'wee clubs', the ones likely to decide they'd prefer to mothball their club, not expensive players from the bigger clubs.

The players currently on contracts at 'mothballed' clubs won't get paid, and will want to be playing & earning. A lot won't get contracts, though....and a good number might be lost to the game if they find alternative employment & decide to stick with it when all the leagues return (they will, in some form, but maybe more like GS's 'community club' model). 

Adblock Detected