Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dee Signing Targets

Just now, Wattie Rojas said:

It's likely that players will accept lower terms so maybe we can get some bargains.

Aye, business is business and if clubs aren't taking on as many players to keep costs down it could drive down wages bringing some players into our sights that wouldn't normally touch us in the Championship. While Ness hasn't been a total success, we've got Dorrans and getting Berra was a bit of a coup. It could be an interesting window for us. As we have relative depth to the squad, I'm hoping we're going for quality over quantity.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The stunted season will very likely result in a much lower budget.

Looking at the squad I think we need a keeper(Hazard or Doohan?), a centre half (Ashcroft or Watson?), a winger (crankshaw?) and a CF (McManus?)

If we could get Gowser too I'd be happy.

We'll need the likes of Fisher, Mulligan, Fleming, Moore, Cunningham and Cameron to really step up like Finn did last season. 

19 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

The stunted season will very likely result in a much lower budget.

Looking at the squad I think we need a keeper(Hazard or Doohan?), a centre half (Ashcroft or Watson?), a winger (crankshaw?) and a CF (McManus?)

If we could get Gowser too I'd be happy.

We'll need the likes of Fisher, Mulligan, Fleming, Moore, Cunningham and Cameron to really step up like Finn did last season. 

As one of only a few teams at this level able to support full-time footballers though, I feel players will want to play with teams like us for that security, as well as a shot at a title.

Obviously I know literally nothing, but given McPake's comments about focusing on re-signing players rather than signing loads of new ones, I feel it's pretty much guaranteed that Gowser and perhaps Meekings return. Callachan is a good shout to come back on a full contract and Hazard back on loan would have me happy. Ashcroft could be a shout if we fail at getting Berra back, I'd personally love to see Steven Lawless don the dark blue but I think we'll need to look farther for a new winger, and I'd have either Danny Mullen or Kevin O'Hara in too.

Don't know if we'd be eyeing more than 3-4 new players max (depending of course on the budget and how many players are re-signed) is too much, but I'm just sitting here dreaming.

• Like 1

On 13/06/2020 at 16:58, Cobra said:

Would love to see Hazard return.

I think McPake's ability to replace Berra will make or break him. More than 90% wanted McPake sacked a few months ago. Now more than 90% support him. A lot of that has to do with Berra IMO. Makes you realise how much signings can shape our view of the guy in the dugout. 

One thing most can agree on is that McPake does seem to have the eye on what his squad needs to improve. We improved significantly overall after the January window, and it's a shame we weren't able to ride out that momentum to the end of the season. I trust McPake right now to know what he wants in his side for next season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

As one of only a few teams at this level able to support full-time footballers though, I feel players will want to play with teams like us for that security, as well as a shot at a title.

Obviously I know literally nothing, but given McPake's comments about focusing on re-signing players rather than signing loads of new ones, I feel it's pretty much guaranteed that Gowser and perhaps Meekings return. Callachan is a good shout to come back on a full contract and Hazard back on loan would have me happy. Ashcroft could be a shout if we fail at getting Berra back, I'd personally love to see Steven Lawless don the dark blue but I think we'll need to look farther for a new winger, and I'd have either Danny Mullen or Kevin O'Hara in too.

Don't know if we'd be eyeing more than 3-4 new players max (depending of course on the budget and how many players are re-signed) is too much, but I'm just sitting here dreaming.

Forgot about Callachan. 

I'd have McManus over the 2 you've mentioned as he scored 23 goals last season so his confidence will be up. 

Tbh I'd let Hamilton and Ness leave on loan. One isn't good enough and the other is a crock. 

• Like 1

At our level Covid has swung some of the power from players back to the clubs and we have to use it to our advantage while we can.

Now is the time we go down the Jim McLean route and offer contracts with a decent win bonus and a tempting end of season promotion bonus.

The players with the required self belief and arrogance will take on that challenge and hopefully bring that will to win that sees us promoted.

14 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

At our level Covid has swung some of the power from players back to the clubs and we have to use it to our advantage while we can.

Now is the time we go down the Jim McLean route and offer contracts with a decent win bonus and a tempting end of season promotion bonus.

The players with the required self belief and arrogance will take on that challenge and hopefully bring that will to win that sees us promoted.

I hope you're right Harold, I can still see the lure of a higher basic (and less travel for the west coasters) being too attractive. Sign a 1 year contract with a team half an hour along the road and hope things pick up for next season..... like I say I hope you're right.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I wonder if we could get Scott Wright back in loan. He's got quite a few players ahead of him to get a game at pittodrie.🤔

A name I'd forgotten about to be honest Wattie, I've no idea what he's like now but was pleased enough with him last time round.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected