The Dark Blues

Hibs Season Ticket Sales Top 7,000

Rate this topic

Ok, so their club voting against reconstruction and letting Hearts remain in the premiership plays a part. However that is an outstanding effort from their fans given the circumstances.

My question is this: despite not knowing when we'll get back to Dens, should we support our club in its time of need and buy season tickets, IF we can afford it?

I had the money so I decided to buy mine to help the club. Just interested to hear other Dees opinions.

• Like 1
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The issue for me is I can afford it at the moment, but with uncertainty about when I can return to work and the future of the furlough scheme my savings might be required for keeping me afloat in the

In exactly the same situation as yourself. Work as a plumber on construction sites. If I got a season ticket now I’d never get the chance to see them play as my wife would kill me ha

I bought my season ticket as soon as they came out as I knew it would help the club when they really needed it. 

The issue for me is I can afford it at the moment, but with uncertainty about when I can return to work and the future of the furlough scheme my savings might be required for keeping me afloat in the months ahead. Simply can't risk a £340 outlay just now.

I imagine there will be many in that same situation. 

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, Potterson said:

The issue for me is I can afford it at the moment, but with uncertainty about when I can return to work and the future of the furlough scheme my savings might be required for keeping me afloat in the months ahead. Simply can't risk a £340 outlay just now.

In exactly the same situation as yourself. Work as a plumber on construction sites. If I got a season ticket now I’d never get the chance to see them play as my wife would kill me ha

• Like 4
  • Funny 1
31 minutes ago, Potterson said:

That's fair enough mate. I'm still working so still earning.

I drove past the shop yesterday and it looked like it was open for business? Can anyone confirm this? 

I’ve renewed mine but my mate is not doing so as he’s so irate at John Nelms and the running of the club. 😔

I'm one of the lucky ones who can work from home so I am getting my full salary which means I have been able to renew. No idea how we'll manage to get games on with crowds come August, though. 

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, BigG said:

I drove past the shop yesterday and it looked like it was open for business? Can anyone confirm this? 

I’ve renewed mine but my mate is not doing so as he’s so irate at John Nelms and the running of the club. 😔

Yeh I went there to collect a garden gnome I’d bought ha, think the guy who works there is only in certain days though & not all week

2 hours ago, DFC#1 said:

I'm all for an equal, sharing, supportive relationship ...

Or even freend, where at times, the stronger partner may take a more leading, prominent role, in the relationship.

But when the threats of murder raise their ugly head, for the sake of self-preservation...I'm inclined to give way:chaplin:

• Funny 1

Are the finance company still involved or is it just the 4 interest free payments run by the club?

16 minutes ago, thepole said:

Are the finance company still involved or is it just the 4 interest free payments run by the club?

Email Tommy mate.

3 hours ago, Gedee said:

I'm all for an equal, sharing, supportive relationship ...

Or even freend, where at times, the stronger partner may take a more leading, prominent role, in the relationship.

But when the threats of murder raise their ugly head, for the sake of self-preservation...I'm inclined to give way:chaplin:

She’s a scouser as well 

For me this whole episode in Scottish football, and particularly Dundee's role, has just brought to the surface that fans are customers and nothing else to clubs. Some are saying they are so pissed off that they are giving up Scottish football all together. I'm not one of them (far from it) but have decided that as long as I am treated as a customer, I will act like a customer. I wouldn't pay my gym membership without knowing when I could access the gym, so same principles are applying to football.

I enjoy going to games and will pay to get into them when we are allowed to go again. However, given the way Dundee have acted I am not willing to shell out for a season ticket for a product they can't actually offer me anytime soon. Buying a season ticket now is essentially just making a donation to the club and nothing else. There are no guarantees of when the games will be played, whether you'll be allowed access to those games or if your season ticket money will actually be used for next seasons spending.

As for the games not played this season, I am now of the view that Dundee should be paying the season ticket money back to fans for the outstanding games. If the club had done everything they could to try and get the season completed or outlined why it wasn't in the club's best sporting interest to complete the games, I would not be asking for it back. However, they have not done either of those things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1