The Dark Blues

NEWS: LEE WILKIE: I’m growing tired of tedious club statements…Inverness one turned into a bit of a rant and was verging on unprofessional

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Mr Wilkie's comments are misplaced. Maybe all of our comments for that matter. Lets be clear, it is the membership body that runs the leagues of the businesses that are having all this in

I think Mr Wilkie's comments are misplaced. Maybe all of our comments for that matter.

Lets be clear, it is the membership body that runs the leagues of the businesses that are having all this infighting. It is unusual for it to be played out in full view of the public, but it won't be news to anyone that businesses fight for their own revenue before everything else.

He suggests that fans are the most important element and their voices have not been heard. He is right, but this fight is not over football, or clubs or even sport. This one is over money.

A more important question is 'where is the SFA in all of this?' They appear to have a role in the governance of the game in Scotland and talk about integrity and conduct on their website. What is also on their website is bu**er-all about the current mess at the SPFL. It's almost as if they are allowing the clubs to fight it out amongst themselves. Either because they are too inept, afraid, or cunning to do anything about it.

I have said before that I think the Scottish Government should get involved, but maybe, we should hold off until the SFA show their hand, be it yellow, red, or strong.