The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Billy Campbell's Ghost

Season Ticket Refunds

Rate this topic

Girl on FB saying she spoke to Neil in office and Its best to take a refund on this years ticket and donate back to club via e.g. Alison McGuire(McQueen) for youth development. If not then these amounts will be deducted from the clubs insurance payout.

Details to follow on official website.
Just passing on what I read in case anyone doubts me.

• Like 1

Wonder how this will work for season tickets on finance. I got my ticket last season on finance and I'm still paying my monthly payment. Will the finance company get the refund and just stop my payment? I'd rather make all my payments, get the refund myself and donate if I can. 

Have to disagree. The club might see it as preferable to donate it back but it really is best to keep it for yourself.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Have to disagree. The club might see it as preferable to donate it back but it really is best to keep it for yourself.

Does the 'preferable' not just refer to whether it is best for the club to donate it back to the club or to the youth development AFTER the ST holder has decided whether or nor to keep it for him/herself. Don't think the club would put any pressure on  a ST holder to donate, so if the offer comes from said supporter then good on them. If , on the other hand, the ST holder needs or indeed just feels that for whatever reason he/she wants to accept the refund then fine that is their rightful decision.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, troodee1893 said:

Does the 'preferable' not just refer to whether it is best for the club to donate it back to the club or to the youth development AFTER the ST holder has decided whether or nor to keep it for him/herself. Don't think the club would put any pressure on  a ST holder to donate, so if the offer comes from said supporter then good on them. If , on the other hand, the ST holder needs or indeed just feels that for whatever reason he/she wants to accept the refund then fine that is their rightful decision.

Reads to me that Neil is saying the best option so I've assumed that he means for the club.

'Girl on FB saying she spoke to Neil in office and Its best to take a refund on this years ticket and donate back to club via e.g. Alison McGuire(McQueen) for youth development'.

Obviously it's an individual decision. I know what I'll be doing with mine.

7 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Reads to me that Neil is saying the best option so I've assumed that he means for the club.

'Girl on FB saying she spoke to Neil in office and Its best to take a refund on this years ticket and donate back to club via e.g. Alison McGuire(McQueen) for youth development'.

Obviously it's an individual decision. I know what I'll be doing with mine.

Semantics folks. Each individual can do what they want. “Best option” are my words and yes it means for our club.

• Like 3

This sounds murky to me,.potentially fraudulent. We are fortunate to have this insurance, so let's not muck it up by being greedy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Semantics folks. Each individual can do what they want. “Best option” are my words and yes it means for our club.

I'm good at semantics.

You're right of course, individual decision, but the club really shouldn't be offering advice on what to do with any refund.

58 minutes ago, Irene Marot said:

This sounds murky to me,.potentially fraudulent. We are fortunate to have this insurance, so let's not muck it up by being greedy.

Club hands over refund, ST holder passes it on to Alison for Youth Development. Once funds are back in your hands you can keep it, donate it, give it to the NHS, whatever you like. No possibility of fraud there. If club keeps funds, with ST holders say so, and redirects to youth then possibly a bit iffy! BCG's OP says the former so unlikely there would be a problem.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, troodee1893 said:

Club hands over refund, ST holder passes it on to Alison for Youth Development. Once funds are back in your hands you can keep it, donate it, give it to the NHS, whatever you like. No possibility of fraud there. If club keeps funds, with ST holders say so, and redirects to youth then possibly a bit iffy! BCG's OP says the former so unlikely there would be a problem.

I think that the club lottery which funds youth may be a charity, and as you are buying lottery numbers with it you are purchasing a product so not a straight donation.

1 hour ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

I think that the club lottery which funds youth may be a charity, and as you are buying lottery numbers with it you are purchasing a product so not a straight donation.

Not sure about the charity but a lot of their funding comes from their lottery and the 50/50 draw (I think). I reckon they also accept donations, sponsorship etc. in addition.

All depends on personal circumstances 

Some people are genuinely struggling out there.

But if others can afford to send some money to a good cause then no losers.

Hope the vast majority do.

• Like 3

On 14/05/2020 at 11:56, Prince Buster said:

I think it’s pretty obvious that the opening post is aimed at those who aren’t bothered about getting a refund.

Obviously that doesn’t apply to everyone, but I’d like to think that anyone whose circumstances haven’t drastically changed will be prepared to donate the money back. 

• Like 2
  • Star Post 2