Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The 70s

Cobra

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
18 minutes ago, blueboy said:

Me too. Played well in the semi v Celtic, prob best semi I saw them play against them, and I saw a few in the 70s! 

Me too. I remember a Wednesday night game when big McNeil kicked John Duncan from a**ehole to breakfast time. Needless to say the ref gave us nothing. 
Now that I think about it it might have been McNeill who scored the winner.

3 minutes ago, Dandy McLean said:

Me too. I remember a Wednesday night game when big McNeil kicked John Duncan from a**ehole to breakfast time. Needless to say the ref gave us nothing. 

Was that the same game Peter Latchford gathered a ball on the ground with his hands about a yard outside his box and dragged it back in? Needless to say neither the referee nor the linesman, who was about fifteen feet away, saw anything untoward.

Just now, Prince Buster said:

Was that the same game Peter Latchford gathered a ball on the ground with his hands about a yard outside his box and dragged it back in? Needless to say neither the referee nor the linesman, who was about fifteen feet away, saw anything untoward.

I can’t remember to be honest PB,  but it wouldn’t surprise me. As I I say we got absolutely feck all that night from the ref. it seemed more biased than usual that night and that’s saying something.

10 minutes ago, Dandy McLean said:

Think that was the 73/74 semi, Celtic winning1-0. Jimmy Johnstone scored the goal I seem to remember. You're right about McNeill's treatment of John Duncan though. 

• Like 1

Strachan was a fabulous player. He went on to prove that at Aberdeen and down south, especially at Leeds. When he was played you could sense the buzz amongst the fans. In the book "Up wi' the Bonnets" it is mentioned that he used to try to beat one man too many, but who cared, that was what you paid your money for.

Another wee clip I found. This is Dundee coming from behind to beat Ayr in 1973. There was a crowd of 5,000 there that day, so not all that dissimilar to these days.

It's quite interesting seeing Dens at the start of colour telly and hearing the songs that were sung in the Derry back then.

Jocky looks a fine finisher in this video and Houston hits an absolute rocket for the winner.

We finished fifth that season, level on points with 4th placed Aberdeen. The Honest Men were fifth. Our home record was W13 D4 L0!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

Another wee clip I found. This is Dundee coming from behind to beat Ayr in 1973. There was a crowd of 5,000 there that day, so not all that dissimilar to these days.

It's quite interesting seeing Dens at the start of colour telly and hearing the songs that were sung in the Derry back then.

Jocky looks a fine finisher in this video and Houston hits an absolute rocket for the winner.

We finished fifth that season, level on points with 4th placed Aberdeen. The Honest Men were fifth. Our home record was W13 D4 L0!

After Dundee's second goal to put them in the lead there were a few pats on the back, some congratulations and everybody back to get on with it - no extravagant and over the top celebrations not a slide or piley on in sight. Game was restarted within 30 seconds - these days it's anything from (I reckon) 2 to 4 minutes to get a game restarted in that situation.

Also note the Ayr physio after their goal with the magic sponge. Better than all the theory they apply these days, could cure most knocks and strains instantly 😂

• Like 1

I had that strip at the time too. That stripe down the inside was considered trendy and innovative and, I might be wrong, was it not Ayr that used it the season before and we picked it up that season? I was ten and think I outgrew it after three months. Thankfully we've never revisited that design.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected