Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The 70s

Cobra

2 minutes ago, Dandy McLean said:

My favourite action photo of DFC. I can’t remember the game, but a night game,  Thomson Allan in full leap, the old stand and enclosure looking great and packed. A beautiful pic. God knows where the rest of the players are though. 😁866DF060-E4B2-41E0-9002-E9F8BF2B3DA4.jpeg.80d532b84233af8438b515fb94c1977c.jpeg

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 minutes ago, thegen65 said:

I think thats Dundee v Hibs Scottish cup replay   the famous 3-0 victory after the 3-3 draw at Easter Road.   I might be wrong though.

You could be right, but I seem to remember it was p***ing rain that night and it looks clear on the pic. Like yourself I could be wrong as well. My memory’s shot to buggery. 😊

15 minutes ago, Dandy McLean said:

You could be right, but I seem to remember it was p***ing rain that night and it looks clear on the pic. Like yourself I could be wrong as well. My memory’s shot to buggery. 😊

I remember the original replay being postponed as it was pouring rain all day and Dens was waterlogged , i recall my huge disappointment when my old man picked me up from school and told me the bad news.

The game eventually got played on a Monday night i think.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thegen65 said:

I remember the original replay being postponed as it was pouring rain all day and Dens was waterlogged , i recall my huge disappointment when my old man picked me up from school and told me the bad news.

That's right Monday and all three goals were scored at the TC end which is consistent with the picture

14 minutes ago, thegen65 said:

That’s right, it was.
It still goes down as one of the great nights at Dens.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dandy McLean said:

That’s right, it was.
It still goes down as one of the great nights at Dens.

It was a brilliant night , my old man used to take me to the Derry at the halfway line flag (remember them)  but we had to go to the stand enclosure that night as the whole ground was rammed full.

1 hour ago, Dandy McLean said:

My favourite action photo of DFC. I can’t remember the game, but a night game,  Thomson Allan in full leap, the old stand and enclosure looking great and packed. A beautiful pic. God knows where the rest of the players are though. 😁866DF060-E4B2-41E0-9002-E9F8BF2B3DA4.jpeg.80d532b84233af8438b515fb94c1977c.jpeg

It just occurred to me, TA’s probably celebrating a goal. Doh!

1 hour ago, Dandy McLean said:

If it's the Hibs 3-0 game I'll be in that picture - somewhere above the Ford hoarding in front row of the stand. Can you see me?

• Funny 1

12 hours ago, Dondeh said:

Our rent man rang the bell and just walked in. Every week without fail, until we got fed up and locked the door.

Ours was the same...a knock on the door and in he came shouting "Factor" like he owned the place. Come to think of it, he sorta did!

Paper boy collected Friday nights and the Pru on a Monday. Don't remember the milk but we stopped getting it delivered as it was being stolen too often. McGill's man was a Friday as well IIRC.

Saw the 3-3 game but had to work that night. Crowd sounded scarily huge. Some performance beating that Hibs team, though they had their flaws, all in defence.

Loved the game at Tannadice when Utd went 2-0 up after 50min or so and Hibs beat them 5-2.

Where is the tape of 3-3 game BBC?! Seriously can someone ask them? 

Adblock Detected