Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By UWTB1893
      Make no doubt about it, the 2-1 score line flattered the tangerines. Dundee should have won this by a canter.

After a disappointing display and result on Saturday against Ross County, this was the perfect tonic for the Dark Blues who from the get go, were impressive all over the pitch.

By the time we eventually went ahead thanks to a screamer from El Bakhtaoui, we should have been three or four goals to the good.

Despite United levelling the score against the run of play and giving us a few nervy moments, we would score the winner in the 64th minute from a fine and very rare goal from Paul McGowan. It was what we deserved and it would have been criminal if the scoreline went any other way.

"I thought we absolutely dominated the match from start to finish.” said McCann.
      "We knew United, like every team will do, would have a little spell and they have some good threats.
      "Disappointed with the goal, but overall I thought that was a flattering scoreline.
      "I was so happy for Faissal because he's got thunder in his boots and he just needs to believe in himself a wee bit more and feel he belongs here.
      "But, my goodness, he is a threat, but I thought, to a man, we were absolutely brilliant.
      "I am delighted we've got a home tie and we've pulled the strongest side in the country, but if you want to win it, you've probably got to beat them sometime."
    • By TheDarkBlues
      Update from the club regarding Down time with their Telecom system.
      https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/further-essential-phone-system-down-time/
      Friday afternoon (around 2pm) will see some further essential upgrade work carried out on our telecom system.
      This will lead to a possible lack of service and we would advise anyone trying to get in touch to use mobile numbers if known or email addresses in the first instance and the relevant person will call back as soon as possible.
    • By TheDarkBlues
      Your three word match report for the game against Dundee United today?
    • By TheDarkBlues
      Dundee Football Club, is a professional football club, based in the city of Dundee, Scotland. Founded in 1893, they are nicknamed "The Dark Blues" or "The Dee". The club plays its home matches at Dens Park. Dundee are one of two Scottish Premiership clubs in the city, along with rivals Dundee United.

The club's most successful era was in the 1960s when, under the management of Bob Shankly, Dundee won the Scottish Football League title in 1962 for the only time in their history before reaching the semi-finals of the 1962–63 European Cup. Dundee have also won the Scottish Cup once and the Scottish League Cup three times.
    • By TheDarkBlues
      Dundee 1 Aberdeen 2. League Cup tie from Dens Park, 30/11/83. Att: 11,019.
      Dundee must win to qualify, That looked tough when McGhee scored his 100th Dons goal with a cross-shot which Geddes might have saved.
      Aberdeen: McGhee and Bell. Dundee: Cammy Frazer
    • By TheDarkBlues
      Dundee 1 Aberdeen 2. League Cup tie from Dens Park, 30/11/83. Att: 11,019.
      Dundee must win to qualify, That looked tough when McGhee scored his 100th Dons goal with a cross-shot which Geddes might have saved. Aberdeen Scorers McGhee (18) and Bell (46).
    • By TheDarkBlues
      Declan McDaid, looking to make it four wins in a row in the Derby on Friday.
    • By TheDarkBlues
      The Dundee Derby returns this Friday night as Dundee welcome United to Dens Park
    • By TheDarkBlues
      The dark blues hosted our neighbours from next door in tonight's Championship League game.
      Dundee huffed and puffed and never looked like even scoring never mind winning this game.
      Clark scored from the penalty spot after Declan McDaid lunged in on Liam Smith.
      Shankland scored after he disposed Nelson in the 64th minute.
      Dundee 0 - 2 Dundee United.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.