The Dark Blues

Foreign Teams

Rate this topic

For a bit of fun what foreign teams do you have a soft spot for or actually support. I dont support any foreign team but have soft spots for the following.

France, Nimes and Saint Etienne reason, Nimes as Eric Cantona one of my favourite ever players. Saint Etienne as I had a top in the 70's. 

Spain, Espanyol, reason, I cannot stand Barcelona.  Also like listening to Guillem Balague who supports them

Italy, Sampdoria, Lazio. Sampdoria because of their top in the 80's. Lazio because of the show football Italia and Gazza who I loved watching.

Germany, Hamburg and Freiburg.Hamburg because I watched the 83 European cup final as a young lad when they beat Juventus. Freiburg always the underdog and I like the name. 

Netherlands, PSV, always loved their kit and they are not Ajax or Feyenoord.

As you can see I am a massive glory hunter. To be honest I just look out for the results of these teams and it doesnt affect my mood if they get beat. When we get beat Im a grumpy bu**er for a while. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Garmany - Cologne. Due to the Dundee hammering mainly.  Italy - Lazio. Were great to watch when I was younger and now they have Ciro. Sampdoria - dem strips bae.  Torino. Fuk Juve! 

A few in France to play in - they weren't 'big' clubs, more akin to Forfar! Also a couple in Spain but there wasn't any football on, just trips. 

For a bit of fun what foreign teams do you have a soft spot for or actually support. I dont support any foreign team but have soft spots for the following. France, Nimes and Saint Etienne reason,

Really only because of Football Manager I like Bohemians in Ireland and Dusseldorf in Germany. I settled on Dusseldorf because of Auf Wedersehen Pet rather than anything more practical.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Really only because of Football Manager I like Bohemians in Ireland and Dusseldorf in Germany. I settled on Dusseldorf because of Auf Wedersehen Pet rather than anything more practical.

Have you been to watch those teams or any foreign team ?

59 minutes ago, DeeMo said:

Have you been to watch those teams or any foreign team ?

No, not been to see them. Have tried to get to the odd football game when I was away at work but it always seemed more complicated than it should have been. Its something I'd be keen to do when money allows though, a wee weekend away somewhere different to get batfaced and watch football.

• Like 1

Garmany - Cologne. Due to the Dundee hammering mainly. 

Italy - Lazio. Were great to watch when I was younger and now they have Ciro. :wub:

Sampdoria - dem strips bae. 

Torino. Fuk Juve! 

Spain - Barcelona and Real Betis. Barca have always been joyous for me and I strangely always had Real Betis tops when growing up. 

Edit : if I were to go to Italy for a game though I'd be going to Bologna. Beautiful stadium that I need to visit before I die. 

Edited by WeighorstsWang
  • Like 2
21 hours ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Garmany - Cologne. Due to the Dundee hammering mainly. 

Italy - Lazio. Were great to watch when I was younger and now they have Ciro. :wub:

Sampdoria - dem strips bae. 

Torino. Fuk Juve! 

Spain - Barcelona and Real Betis. Barca have always been joyous for me and I strangely always had Real Betis tops when growing up. 

Edit : if I were to go to Italy for a game though I'd be going to Bologna. Beautiful stadium that I need to visit before I die. 

Sampdoria and Lazio 👍😀🇮🇹

Have you been to any grounds abroad ?

1 hour ago, DeeMo said:

Sampdoria and Lazio 👍😀🇮🇹

Have you been to any grounds abroad ?

A few in France to play in - they weren't 'big' clubs, more akin to Forfar! Also a couple in Spain but there wasn't any football on, just trips. 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Ive been to watch Ajax play FC Twente a few years ago. Booked hospitality which included a tour of the stadium and trophy room and a 3 course meal with drinks before the game. Unfortunately our plane was delayed and by the time we got to the stadium it was 10 mins to kick off. We had to go to reception where they gave us our tickets to the match and a voucher each ( I was there with my wife ) for a fiver for the pie stall. I know it wasnt their fault we were late but to give us that was an insult as we had paid in excess of a hundred pounds each. The people at the club were just rude and so that is the reason I have no time for Ajax. We gave the vouchers to a fan in the ground. It was a sh*t game which unfortunately Ajax won 1-0. 

• Like 1