The Dark Blues

Extended Contracts

Rate this topic

Dundee have extended all contracts until the end of June on advise of the SPFL, any one know why, can a play off still be on the cards if reconstruction is agreed

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fact is this, United won the league fair and square. The league position doesn't lie, they were so far in front of us and they would have won the league regardless of how many points we won from n

I'd have thought to make sure these players continue to receive a wage through furlough.

If it was one up, one down like in previous years I'd agree but that's not the case. There is the opportunity for two promoted clubs nowadays and IMO there is no reason why their 1st place should mean

Dundee have extended all contracts until the end of June on advise of the SPFL, any one know why, can a play off still be on the cards if reconstruction is agreed

10 minutes ago, valleyboy said:

No, it's to get the guys a wage until the furlough scheme ends. 

• Like 1

Must be worrying times for these out of contract guys because they are potentially looking at 6 months without a club until football can start again 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I'd have thought to make sure these players continue to receive a wage through furlough.

So is this happening at all clubs?

22 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

No, it's to get the guys a wage until the furlough scheme ends. 

What about loan players, their wages would be paid by their parent club, also it’s only advise from SPFL, 

46 minutes ago, Magic said:

My first thoughts on this is why would the SPFL recommend this? Possibly potential play offs? 

I don't see why the play-offs should be scrapped. The SPFL are still keen on finishing the Scottish Cup.

Maybe Nelms should have demanded the play-offs to go ahead (if possible) to switch his vote instead of a conversation about reconstruction that was already on the agenda.

18 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I don't see why the play-offs should be scrapped. The SPFL are still keen on finishing the Scottish Cup.

Maybe Nelms should have demanded the play-offs to go ahead (if possible) to switch his vote instead of a conversation about reconstruction that was already on the agenda.

Has it been confirmed there’s to be no play offs? 

8 minutes ago, Magic said:

Has it been confirmed there’s to be no play offs? 

No I think we voted for United to go up and the play-offs to be scrapped.

• Funny 1
35 minutes ago, Cobra said:

That was exactly my thoughts, I was hoping that was Nelms thoughts on Changing the vote but obviously not.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Cobra said:

Apparently they are keen to complete the Cup because the remaining gomaes are worth a few million quid

6 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Apparently they are keen to complete the Cup because the remaining gomaes are worth a few million quid

Maybe a bit easier to sort with less time 'pressure' too. They could technically play them next year I suppose as long as they were willing to be a bit free and easy with the 'who played for what team' aspect.