The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

I can see a TDB group ride to Hampeden happening in August............to tell them to stick their dodgy plans for next season :D

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-359113-road-bikes

Decent value if you're not worried about a big brand name

My road bike is dark blue...........couldn't bring myself to buy an orange or green bike

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mitch said:

I’ll no even buy an orange coloured orange

I buy oranges, mandarins, things called 'easy peelers' but not tangerines. I draw the line at those abominations. 

• Funny 2
  • Star Post 1

2 hours ago, chomp my root said:

I buy oranges, mandarins, things called 'easy peelers' but not tangerines. I draw the line at those abominations. 

I can just about handle the easy peeler oranges but tangerines are just not on.

I do miss a banana. They are not offensive, are they 🤔🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On 20/05/2020 at 22:21, Harold Finch said:

I can see a TDB group ride to Hampeden happening in August............to tell them to stick their dodgy plans for next season :D

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-359113-road-bikes

Decent value if you're not worried about a big brand name

My road bike is dark blue...........couldn't bring myself to buy an orange or green bike

That's a quality website. I tried to order a tidy dark blue bike from them but they wouldn't deliver to my area.

I tried locally and because of the huge demand there was only one available road bike my size. It cost a grand but it looks the business. The make is Specialized and they seem to be a decent brand. Got the afternoon off tomorrow and it's going to be scorcher. Looking forward to getting on the saddle.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cobra said:

That's a quality website. I tried to order a tidy dark blue bike from them but they wouldn't deliver to my area.

I tried locally and because of the huge demand there was only one available road bike my size. It cost a grand but it looks the business. The make is Specialized and they seem to be a decent brand. Got the afternoon off tomorrow and it's going to be scorcher. Looking forward to getting on the saddle.

I had a Specialized Allez 😎 it was a great bike

A couple of bottle cages for drinks, a saddlebag for some spares, a decent pair of bib shorts to protect the undercarraige and you're sorted

An easy bike fit to make sure your seat is at the right height is to put your heel on the pedal when it's at the bottom (six o clock position) this will save you some knee pain or back pain

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Cobra said:

Specialized are a very good international brand....and buying locally is a good move, for initial set-up/adjustments, and future servicing/repairs. Staff are usually experienced cyclists & can offer good tips....along with Harold's  :) 

Make sure you get a good helmet....you might find (later) that a pair of 'unbreakable' cycling shades (Oakleys or equiv) are useful....I used to always get insects in my eyes. Bike gloves might be useful, sweaty hands can be a bu**er. Buy a can of WD-40 (equivalent) spray for gears etc.

Good luck.....29c forecast today for Aviemore & NW. My daughter's 'stuck' at her mother's near Beauly & having some great road/off-road bike trips with this dry spell of weather....finished uni a few weeks ago, can't start her job in NZ till they 'open the border'. Hardship, eh. ;)  

• Like 3

I should have been riding in The Tour de Forth tomorrow but it will be a 35 - 40 mile ride out and about instead

Only had my bike 24 hours and already getting my money's worth. It's quite punishing though when you're out of shape.