The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Next season  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Can the Dee spring a surprise and win the title?

Good, positive stuff from the gaffer in the Courier. Sounds like the former Hibee is relishing the battle with Hearts...

“Hearts are a big club coming down but we are a big club as well.

“It will be tough for them coming down, it won’t be easy.

“There will be expectation on them to win every week in front of an expectant crowd.

“We faced that last season, Dundee United faced it for four years – any of the bigger clubs coming into this league there is high expectation and a big weight on shoulders.

“It doesn’t change anything we are going to do, whoever we are up against.

“We under-performed last season. We have looked into that and into reasons why. We knew it would be tough but that’s no excuse, we did underperform.

“The Championship is a hard league but we got to grips with it in the later stages of the season and we will be better equipped next season.”

And on Berra...

“First and foremost, he did great when he came in, he played an equal part in a fantastic back three with Jordon Forster and Josh Meekings.

“Christophe brought a real calming influence on the pitch. That’s why he’s had such a good career.

“At the minute, he’s a Hearts player. We’ll monitor things but the ball is firmly in Hearts’ court.

“They didn’t want him last year, they might next season. That’s up to the Hearts manager and Ann Budge to decide.

“If they don’t want him I’m sure there will be a host of teams wanting him as well. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens.”

• Like 1

Agree. Good positive stuff. All will go pear shaped if we lose our first game. I am sure he will have a settled team, based around the group from this year. Hope he keeps Nelson.

• Like 1

Thanks for popping that into the forum Cobra ...

Might be said, it's all ifs & buts & words & promises are cheap. But I found it a wee bit exciting & inspiring. Has helped me focus on Dundee & Fitba again:chaplin:

(On when is the best time to return back to normality? Some will have their own strong views. Some like me will no be sure ... Difficult decision for anyone) :chin:

• Like 1

I am hopeful we can win this league next season but we must get off to a good start so we are not playing catch up.

• Like 1

Rigged set up. First game at Tynecastle ?)

First game at Tynecastle would be great, gets it out the way and we would have good support, if allowed fans. 

• Like 1

Wonder how many teams we will be playing against - I can see several casualties and never mind a reconstruction may lose a league 

3 minutes ago, Bobby Dee said:

Wonder how many teams we will be playing against - I can see several casualties and never mind a reconstruction may lose a league 

That's how I see it, might wait and see what the league looks like before casting my vote...…..

2 hours ago, Bobby Dee said:

Its an interesting but morbid point, reconstruction might be forced on the leagues if some clubs fold over the summer. Its also possible that clubs that have been full time end up going P/T and some not being able to pay 'the going rate' for P/T players having to get guys from lower leagues on less money. 

18 minutes ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

The boy lee Ashcroft is a decent player, thoughts 

I don't mind Ashcroft, seen him have some horror shows in the past but seems to have matured and is now of prime age.

• Like 1

I wonder if clubs are forced to reduce capacity to ensure social distancing, what kind of impact that will have on the bigger clubs who would see their income hurt the most. Would bring Hearts income right down to somewhere near our level, might be an advantage. They'll also have to make huge savings anyway given the players they will have under contract. Must have some huge earners in their squad. 

Think we need to be thinking about pay per view TV. 

If we have to go with the squad we have because of finance what would our team look like?

Ferrie

Kerr Forster McGhee

Elliot Dorrans Robertson Byrne Mcdaid

Hemmings Nelson

Hamilton Marshall fisher Ness Moore Mulligan Cunningham