The Dark Blues
Cobra

Hearts In Danger and the Championship Mothballed?

Rate this topic

34 minutes ago, BCram said:

but I don't see any league action for Dundee until the government gives the green light for the gates to open across Scotland. 

Spot on Cobra. We need to be finding ways to help our club,now! Money is important but getting the fans to believe in the club and its ability to compete successfully in whatever football throws at us next season is essential. I wish there was something that would get all Dees back on the same song sheet.

If the Championship doesn't get started when the Prem starts, I'd like to see the club arrange exhibition games or some kind of mini-league for Saturday afternoons and ask us to donate the price of a match-day ticket to the club and then watch the game on DeeTV. 

A two-legged affair v Hearts or whoever would certainly interest me and probably a lot of other Dees.

• Like 1

Why do clubs costs have to dramatically increase if games are being played behind closed doors? Players under contract have to be paid regardless of whether games are going ahead or not. 

Why can clubs who can’t afford to pay wages not just sign players on amateur contracts? I’m sure each club in Scotland would have no trouble getting 11 boys willing to play. During Admin 2 we had to do just that and find amateurs and retired footballers to put on the shirt for no money. 

Some clubs will have money to spend in the coming months, some won’t. That’s no different from normal and not a reason to cancel the season. 

Get games back as soon as possible I say. If some clubs don’t want to play then fair enough. I’m sure there will be plenty of clubs that would love to take their place. 

22 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

Why do clubs costs have to dramatically increase if games are being played behind closed doors? Players under contract have to be paid regardless of whether games are going ahead or not. 

Players and officials will need tested - tests aren't free. Medics, police etc will need paid. 

That'll be the biggest outlay. 

38 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

Why can clubs who can’t afford to pay wages not just sign players on amateur contracts? I’m sure each club in Scotland would have no trouble getting 11 boys willing to play. During Admin 2 we had to do just that and find amateurs and retired footballers to put on the shirt for no money. 

Some clubs will have money to spend in the coming months, some won’t. That’s no different from normal and not a reason to cancel the season. 

Get games back as soon as possible I say. If some clubs don’t want to play then fair enough. I’m sure there will be plenty of clubs that would love to take their place. 

I get your sentiment but I'd like to see a holistic approach to saving our clubs. 

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

I didn't realise the shameless dabs were calling for reconstruction less than a year ago. How sweet it would be to see that horrible mob come straight back down.

The fuckers are rotten to the core..despicable set of b*****ds

• Like 4
  • Star Post 3

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

If the Championship doesn't get started when the Prem starts, I'd like to see the club arrange exhibition games or some kind of mini-league for Saturday afternoons and ask us to donate the price of a match-day ticket to the club and then watch the game on DeeTV. 

A two-legged affair v Hearts or whoever would certainly interest me and probably a lot of other Dees.

A good idea Cobra. The key is getting Deetv up to scratch and making sure everyone signs up. Pay per view should be an important part of our club's commercial  performance.  Don't know what the figures are like.Maybe someone from the earlier regime could give some indication of the revenue they achieved?