The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Ken he’s a dab but was solid against us, would anyone take him ? 

17 minutes ago, PrincePenman said:

Ken he’s a dab but was solid against us, would anyone take him ? 

If we can’t get Berra back then he’s worth considering. Is he any better than what we already have?

Would he be an upgrade on meekings? Not seen enough of him but most Arabs seem disappointed he has left. Would be worth a years deal if Berra is a no go imo. 

Edit to add that I don't think we need to rush into signing anyone ATM, could be plenty of good players becoming available in the next few weeks. 

Edited by Dens Bound Rhino
  • Like 2

I can't see us signing anyone until we are cleared it we are going to have a league to play in.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, troodee1893 said:

I can't see us signing anyone until we are cleared it we are going to have a league to play in.

Agree with what you are saying but we can pick up a few bargains if we can afford to sign some players now, they will be desperate to get a contract at this time

22 minutes ago, gblue said:

Agree with what you are saying but we can pick up a few bargains if we can afford to sign some players now, they will be desperate to get a contract at this time

No offence but that's easy to say as a fan when you're not paying the bills. Why pick somebody up now and pay them to run around the park for X amount of months, unless they're willing to do it on a retainer type thing.

• Like 2

Not sure if it was here or elsewhere it was mentioned but I am sure I read we are to try and sign Ben Turner as our centre half? 

27 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

No offence but that's easy to say as a fan when you're not paying the bills. Why pick somebody up now and pay them to run around the park for X amount of months, unless they're willing to do it on a retainer type thing.

It’s like I said if we can afford it, but it can equal itself out we could potentially get good players cheaper now when we have the upper hand (it’s not often nowadays clubs have the upper hand) rather than wait till this is over, there will be lots of players wanting security now (imo I think the season will start on schedule only time will tell) than having to compete with other teams for players and possibly have to pay more in the long run. 

At the end of the day it’s up to the club to decide what’s in the best interest for our club.

11 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Not sure if it was here or elsewhere it was mentioned but I am sure I read we are to try and sign Ben Turner as our centre half? 

That was a rumour last summer but not seen it resurface since. McPake mentioned him in his Ferry interviews as a friend at Coventry so maybe reignited by that.

Heard the suggestion before that we have been courting Watson post Christmas. Good business if it comes to it, he's United's most dependable defender by miles (but they have many others on longer term deals) and been really good at Championship level for years before that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, harry94 said:

That was a rumour last summer but not seen it resurface since. McPake mentioned him in his Ferry interviews as a friend at Coventry so maybe reignited by that.

Heard the suggestion before that we have been courting Watson post Christmas. Good business if it comes to it, he's United's most dependable defender by miles (but they have many others on longer term deals) and been really good at Championship level for years before that.

So why are  they letting him go?

10 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

So why are  they letting him go?

Others signed up on long term deals so he's one of the only ones they can free up some money from. He's decent but only really proven at this level so maybe they fancy their chances of someone playing at a higher level.