The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Thought I'd start a non-political Covid thread so I could post this gem.

• Funny 1

:slaphead:   ....you have to hope that was a 'set up' video, 'acted' for a laugh....  :o  

1 hour ago, WoodStein said:

:slaphead:   ....you have to hope that was a 'set up' video, 'acted' for a laugh....  :o  

it did look staged but you never know, plenty stoopid people out there.....

• Like 1

Crazy scenes over there just now.

vzgrfg6nwb251.jpg

Trump ordered peaceful protesters to be gassed so that he could walk down the street for a photo op at a church.

CNN are saying that he did it because he was upset about internet chatter that he was hiding away amid the riots.

2020 is proving to be one crazy year.

Trump's Bible walk to church was an act of 'sacrilege,' says ...

It's crazy, scary, enthralling and disheartening all rolled into one massive ball. 

There has to be hope that a middle ground can be found and it can all calm down. What is happening there, right now, is no good for anybody. 

Edit : What that middle ground is, whether it can be achieved or whether anybody actually wants it.. Is anybody's guess. 

Edited by WeighorstsWang
  • Like 2
  • Star Post 1

Good to see folk in Edinburgh protesting about police brutality in the US. Let's hope our president listens. Oh hang on we're not American.

dims?image_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fimage.asset

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Good to see folk in Edinburgh protesting about police brutality in the US. Let's hope our president listens. Oh hang on we're not American.

dims?image_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fimage.asset

Yup, if a bunch of white middle class kids in Edinburgh can't sort out the race problem in the US, I don't know what can.....

• Funny 1

18 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Yup, if a bunch of white middle class kids in Edinburgh can't sort out the race problem in the US, I don't know what can.....

I'm guessing they think problems with American policing are relevant to them because Taylor Swift mentioned it in an Instagram post.

• Funny 1

There are more students from the US living in Edinburgh than there are people in that photo.

Just thought you might like some facts to go along with your 'midle-class whitey' inaccurate assumptions. ;)

1 hour ago, WoodStein said:

There are more students from the US living in Edinburgh than there are people in that photo.

Just thought you might like some facts to go along with your 'midle-class whitey' inaccurate assumptions. ;)

Wow, you can spot a nationality from a phot..... a rare talent Sir, I salute you. 

There's protests planned for Dundee and Glasgow on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, WeighorstsWang said:

There's protests planned for Dundee and Glasgow on Saturday. 

The middle of a pandemic seems the perfect time for Dundonians to protest about problems with policing in America. 

Personally if I was going to take such an interest in what happens in other countries I think I'd protest about 1m Uighurs being held in Chinese concentration camps simply because they are Muslim. They don't speak English and don't make popular movies and music though so not likely to garner much interest over here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cobra said:

The middle of a pandemic seems the perfect time for Dundonians to protest about problems with policing in America. 

Personally if I was going to take such an interest in what happens in other countries I think I'd protest about 1m Uighurs being held in Chinese concentration camps simply because they are Muslim. They don't speak English and don't make popular movies and music though so not likely to garner much interest over here.

It does make you question why some are on these marches/protests/movements..... Maybe I'm just an old cynic.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

It does make you question why some are on these marches/protests/movements..... Maybe I'm just an old cynic.

I guess it's kind of cool to be associated with the American civil rights movement and to be involved in something that is upsetting A-list celebrities in New York and LA. Also if you've been cooped up during the lockdown you might want to get out with a placard and start shouting about justice.

Atrocities in China, Syria and Yemen couldn't be further from their minds I imagine.

• Like 1