The Dark Blues

Dfc-related Facts

Rate this topic

I'll start with a well-known one. Dundee were the first club to retain the League Cup.

Anyone got any nuggets?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only team to relegate the “world famous” at Dens

Were we the first and possibly only team to play in a Tartan strip?Tour of South Africa early 50's.

Jimmy Bellamy, Scottish Cup winner, won the very first La Liga Championship as Barcelona manager.

5 hours ago, Cobra said:

I'll start with a well-known one. Dundee were the first club to retain the League Cup.

Anyone got any nuggets?

Paid a world record fee of £23500 for billy Steele 

Jimmy Bellamy, Scottish Cup winner, won the very first La Liga Championship as Barcelona manager.

• Like 1

Dundee FC set a New British record crowd on the 4th of April 1896 when 60,000 people watched us play Corinthians at Crystal Palace.    Corinthians won 3-1.

On a more modest note the record crowd at Links Park was when we played Montrose in the cup there in 1973.

9 hours ago, Cobra said:

Anyone got any nuggets?

Shedkarse and a few others from the United mad forum  Shedkarse especially ,totally and utterly obsessed and tormented by the Dee.

I can't find anything to 'prove' it, but didn't we set a new Scottish-to-Scottish club transfer fee when we bought Charlie Cooke from Aberdeen, with a large part of Gillie's transfer fee?