The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Billy Campbell's Ghost

Strachan Bbc Interview

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, Rebbkintyre said:

GS is simply saying that our standard of football is way below that in England. I have been impressed by the quality of play in the Conference League which I witnessed some years ago. We really are second rate and it hurts to admit the truth. The entertainment level is at an all time low, and we have to address falling attendances. The Old Firm have a stranglehold in Scotland which dampens the ambition of other clubs. I really do fear for the future of our game, and if Gordon Strachan's comments are listened to then some good may result from it. 

Really ? Each to their own and while I enjoy watching pretty much any football, I didn't think the English 5th tier was much cop. The first time my missus watched it she was pretty shocked (she's no expert and only familiar with how Dundee are doing) and asked if we were just watching a particularly crap match. I found it falls away quite quickly after the Championship although I've not watched live English games in about 8 years so it might have changed.

Thought Strachan was spot on 

I see Strachan is getting backchat from some lower league chairman, it seems the truth hurts 

18 hours ago, WoodStein said:

What happened to East Fife was, effectively, "Methil No More"....post-war they had great crowds, then the decline of local industries, huge unemployment, people leaving the area.

Sadly the root of much of the issues with industrial town clubs, though they, along with Thirds & Clyde (clearing old housing out to 'new towns'), suffered more than most, it seems.

[ps....generally agree with your view on Strachan's comments too]  

Thanks for that because I was left musing on what happened to what was a great club in Scottish football terms, and they always played good football.

14 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Really ? Each to their own and while I enjoy watching pretty much any football, I didn't think the English 5th tier was much cop. The first time my missus watched it she was pretty shocked (she's no expert and only familiar with how Dundee are doing) and asked if we were just watching a particularly crap match. I found it falls away quite quickly after the Championship although I've not watched live English games in about 8 years so it might have changed.

Been to watch Woking in the Conference this season.  Look the football is ok and the quality similar to Championship but lacks the intensity and passion of the Scottish game. 

A wee part of the tracing at Woking is called the 'moaners corner' which would be packed if we had it at Dens.

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, surreydee said:

Been to watch Woking in the Conference this season.  Look the football is ok and the quality similar to Championship but lacks the intensity and passion of the Scottish game. 

A wee part of the tracing at Woking is called the 'moaners corner' which would be packed if we had it at Dens.

We do, and it is.....at least I think that was what we had....it's been so long now....  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, WoodStein said:

We do, and it is.....at least I think that was what we had....it's been so long now....  :rolleyes:

Aye there is Strength in Unity .... And ye cannae beat the Masses, turning oot for a Mass Moan.

The time could well be up for the Happy Clappy Club, we've got to offer an alternative "Moaners":explode: