Fudge

Rate this topic

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Surely people don't think that Nelms and Keyes are just sitting on their hands?  

Loads of talk about saving hearts etc,but nothing about us and other full time clubs who might have no league to play in until nxt year. Its about time nelms and Keyes came out fighting for DFC 

As Chomp has said on many occasions over the past few weeks, I'm still on the 'wait and see' side of the fence. There's still a long way to go in this and a lot to play out, and we don't know what is

2 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

May as well ask Sky to do the restructuring then. Tail wagging the dug big time.

I think he means it# been on Sky Sports.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Deeboy08 said:

Is proposing 3 leagues of 14 for 2 years sky sports saying they can gtf with that just to save farts 😡

It would also save Partick and Stranraer, the only clubs 'seen off' would be the one potentially coming up from the lower leagues. Its not a perfect solution but if it was a step towards a further look at things, even an enlarged second tier to the 16/18 clubs a lot of us want then maybe the best of a bad situation.

• Like 1

Maybe every club in Scotland ought to submit a plan aimed at benefiting themselves.

We should propose that all teams playing in dark blue get promoted.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 2
1 minute ago, Cobra said:

Maybe every club in Scotland ought to submit a plan aimed at benefiting themselves.

If we could get a decent second tier going and encourage either/and BBC and STV to put money in, then we might get a half decent product. Most fans want enlarged leagues so why not start with the second tier and push it. I would guess Sky and BT wouldn't be that bothered but if we could give the terrestrial broadcasters a worthwhile product then there might be more cash than what currently trickles down. It would make things a bit awkward with the split of the rest of the TV money but as the Beeb (Scotland) is showing friday night games already, maybe not insurmountable.

I'd add a few more caveats to your proposition though Cobes, Falkirk might pip us to the post. 😞

• Like 1

I'm guessing most Championship clubs must be interested in Budge's proposal if it has been submitted.

I suppose it would mean Hearts stay up, ICT get promoted and we'd get one shot at winning the Championship to join the 14 before a decision is made on what to do next. 

22 minutes ago, Cobra said:

You just know we'll lose all our home strips and end up wearing white all season and be the only team relegated.

• Funny 1

In her proposals she is suggesting that in the event of next season not finishing , i.e  all fixtures not being completed just like this season then there would be no promotion or relegation.

IMO she can GTF with that suggestion.  They have set a precendent by allowing United ,Raith  etc promotion this year with an unfinished season , the same MUST apply next season.

Or am i reading things wrong?

3 minutes ago, thegen65 said:

In her proposals she is suggesting that in the event of next season not finishing , i.e  all fixtures not being completed just like this season then there would be no promotion or relegation.

IMO she can GTF with that suggestion.  They have set a precendent by allowing United ,Raith  etc promotion this year with an unfinished season , the same MUST apply next season.

Or am i reading things wrong?

The highlighted bit makes sense to me, if clubs are aware of this possibility then its on them to make sure they're not at the bottom etc. Although it might be a bit crappy 3 games in...... 😮

That really is very poor effort from Budge and it has very little chance of much support. It reads like it's been thrown together in 30 minutes. Basically a very long winded begging letter. I was hoping she might actually have something worth developing and some genuine ideas on how to move the game forward, it's nothing more than a mess just to benefit Hearts. She better have a good lawyer or they're down. 

What's happened to the Reconstruction Task Force? I'm assuming John Nelms can come up with something better than this. Given that a lot of clubs might go bust if they have to play behind closed doors, we might just have to wait and see if we get reconstruction by default. 

Edited by Alexis

Big worry is that there won't be enough clubs outwith a 14 team top league able to start a new season leaving us on the outside looking in!

Edited by troodee1893

Loads of talk about saving hearts etc,but nothing about us and other full time clubs who might have no league to play in until nxt year. Its about time nelms and Keyes came out fighting for DFC 

• Like 4