The Dark Blues

The Hearts Vote

Rate this topic

Budge's plan  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dundee vote in favour of the Hearts plan?

The SPFL board has confirmed clubs will discuss Ann Budge's league reconstruction proposal.

The Hearts owner proposes a 14-14-14 set-up for the next two seasons to replace the 12-10-10-10 version.

Hearts, relegated when the top flight was curtailed, would avoid demotion if it gains sufficient support.

In a statement, the SPFL said divisional meetings will be held from next Monday to discuss the plan.

The Edinburgh club and Inverness Caledonian Thistle would make up the expanded Premiership.

How should Dundee vote in this one?

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beginning of the end for me. It's not enough that these two clubs have all the financial advantage, or that they stranglehold the voting structure, now they want to ensure their youngsters and yo

I just wish that the SPFL would do their job for a change, and stop fobbing it off to other clubs who have a vested interest in this proposal working. Neil Doncaster and his cronies are a bunch o

Lawyers acting on behalf of the SPFL have formally responded to the court action taken by Hearts and Partick Thistle over their relegations. Hearts and Thistle are challenging their respective de

Posted Images

Copied from other thread.

Not blaming Jam Tarts for at least trying to chart a way forward. . Nelms at the start said, no team should be penalised due to the crisis So, what's changed?.

Problem for Budge's proposal is that half of the 2nd tier clubs would get relegated. 

Non starter.

Edited by Dondeh
38 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Problem for Budge's proposal is that half of the 2nd tier clubs would get relegated. 

How do you work that out?

Two sides go up to top tier - United and ICT - the other eight stay as they are in the second tier with six third tier clubs joining them. The remaining clubs, however many remain able to take part, make up the third tier. Nobody would go down a tier at all.

The suggested construction is perfectly reasonable and people need to rise above the very clear fact that it's only proposed by Budge to save Hearts' erses. It's the right way to go at least in the short term.

• Like 4

I would imagine that the Premiership clubs may want to revert back to 12 teams after two years but I can't see any reason why the lower leagues would have to go back to the 10-10-10 system (resulting in mass relegations). They could always have another vote (sigh) and retain larger lower leagues.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Two sides go up to top tier - United and ICT - the other eight stay as they are in the second tier with six third tier clubs joining them. The remaining clubs, however many remain able to take part, make up the third tier. Nobody would go down a tier at all.

The suggested construction is perfectly reasonable and people need to rise above the very clear fact that it's only proposed by Budge to save Hearts' erses. It's the right way to go at least in the short term.

My concern would be... what if the top 14 goes ahead without fans and the other leagues get mothballed? At least if Hearts are in the same predicament as us there will be a lot of attention on our situation and greater desire to find a solution to the problem. I fear Hearts being saved might leave us isolated as Club 15, largely forgotten and unable to play football and push for promotion ourselves.

• Like 3

Who does this woman think she is. Making up her own proposal for clubs to vote on. This sort of thing should be discussed for months by a working group before being put to clubs.

Other than Partick and Stranraer, every other club should put her in her place. 

She shouldn't even be on a working group, she's been at one club for two minutes and I don't think she has even been on the SPL board. 

The group should be Lawell, McGregor, Burrows, Dempster, Brown, Nelms, Christiansen (Arbroath) and another long serving lower league chairman. 

35 minutes ago, Irene Marot said:

Who does this woman think she is. Making up her own proposal for clubs to vote on. This sort of thing should be discussed for months by a working group before being put to clubs.

It is a joke but Doncaster doesn't want the capital's biggest club to go under on his watch so he's being supportive of the fudge.

13 hours ago, Cobra said:

My concern would be... what if the top 14 goes ahead without fans and the other leagues get mothballed? At least if Hearts are in the same predicament as us there will be a lot of attention on our situation and greater desire to find a solution to the problem. I fear Hearts being saved might leave us isolated as Club 15, largely forgotten and unable to play football and push for promotion ourselves.

Agree Cobra that the drawbridge being pulled up is a risk That's why my yes vote is conditional on the arrangements for the next 2seasons if the proposal has a 2 year limit. I think it could work.

Putting on a positive hat, providing there is promotion for 1 team plus playoff promotion for a second team in the first year we have a chance to go up when  both United and ICT are newbies and Hearts could still be in turmoil. 

We have seen time and time again that smaller teams outside Glasgow and Edinburgh can achieve good results. We need to get past the idea that it is better to find a way to relegate Hearts than put in place a reconstructed spfl,IMO. 

Edited by BCram
14 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

The thinking behind it is that after 2 years we would revert to 12-10-10-10 - I am not sure if this is explicit or implicit but seems to be the case.  So, in order for 2 to come down from top league we'd need to lose 6 teams to get back to 10.  That's the math anyway as our owners would say!  

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, BCram said:

Agree Cobra that the drawbridge being pulled up is a risk That's why my yes vote is conditional on the arrangements for the next 2seasons if the proposal has a 2 year limit. I think it could work.

Putting on a positive hat, providing there is promotion for 1 team plus playoff promotion for a second team in the first year we have a chance to go up when  both United and ICT are newbies and Hearts could still be in turmoil. 

The Championship can't go ahead without fans and a club of Dundee's size needs to be playing football. We should be included in a temporary top 16, 18 or 20 to see Scottish football through the post-Coronavirus period. A top 14 is fantastic for Hearts and ICT but it's of no use to us.

• Like 4
  • Star Post 1

Being selfish, if it's for 1 year then go for it but 2 vote against.  Reason being if we go up after year 1 then we'd be looking at 2 down the next year.