The Dark Blues

Championship Restart October?

Rate this topic

I read chat that the league could potentially start again in October. It's connected to a donation of £4.75m to the spfl for testing players etc.

That's 2 months after we'd start under normal circumstances.

I wonder if that'll mean no league cup or one less round of games or even lots of midweek games.

Lots of ramifications especially regards clubs' budgets, streaming matches etc.

It's possible we could start the season with the squad we have plus perhaps Gowser and Meekings.

All the clubs would be in the same position though.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What did you want Sturgeon to tell the police? Arrest everyone? Either she says to keep the crowd in check without arresting people or she tells the polce to arrest and charge everyone, I would s

The statement that NS made publicly is not contradictory to orders to prep for a protest. If you have a protest organised, either you put resources towards facilitating it safely or you outright deny

The images of large-scale gatherings are disturbing. Seriously. A lot of sacrifices have been made by the overwhelming majority of UK citizens to help bring infection rates down. And while I'm in agre

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I read chat that the league could potentially start again in October. It's connected to a donation of £4.75m to the spfl for testing players etc.

That's 2 months after we'd start under normal circumstances.

I wonder if that'll mean no league cup or one less round of games or even lots of midweek games.

Lots of ramifications especially regards clubs' budgets, streaming matches etc.

It's possible we could start the season with the squad we have plus perhaps Gowser and Meekings.

All the clubs would be in the same position though.

I was 'hopeful'-prob not the correct term to be honest, that we may have been one of the clubs who would have benefitted as we appear to be pushing to restart, maybe another club 12 type scenario.

Worried that it may be a shortened campaign and if that has any ramifications for play-offs etc.

1 minute ago, offshoredee said:

I was 'hopeful'-prob not the correct term to be honest, that we may have been one of the clubs who would have benefitted as we appear to be pushing to restart, maybe another club 12 type scenario.

Worried that it may be a shortened campaign and if that has any ramifications for play-offs etc.

Still the best part of 2mths until the Prem is due to start and there is plenty more to happen between now and then, so I can see the landscape changing over the next few weeks what with clubs being unable to play, not having enough senior players etc. Long way to go on this yet imo.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Still the best part of 2mths until the Prem is due to start and there is plenty more to happen between now and then, so I can see the landscape changing over the next few weeks what with clubs being unable to play, not having enough senior players etc. Long way to go on this yet imo.

yeah I think you are right, just need to stay patient I suppose

• Like 1

Doncaster has now written to all clubs in the top two tiers asking if they would back a 14 team top flight and, if not, what it would take for them to do so. 

He has also asked if they would be open to expanding the league for next 5yrs and asked for each club's thoughts on what other factors should be considered around reconstruction.

Responses are all to be returned by, wait for it.......5pm Friday 😂

Funny that this has all of a sudden happened right after the 'Budge money' appeared on the horizon 🤔

ETA: sorry didn't look at the other thread before posting this 🙈

Edited by Ricky Spanish
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Doncaster has now written to all clubs in the top two tiers asking if they would back a 14 team top flight and, if not, what it would take for them to do so. 

He has also asked if they would be open to expanding the league for next 5yrs and asked for each club's thoughts on what other factors should be considered around reconstruction.

Funny that this has all of a sudden happened right after the 'Budge money' appeared on the horizon 🤔

Would not surprise me if they also pushed for no relegation for five years!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Would not surprise me if they also pushed for no relegation for five years!

Do you honestly think any Championship club, would vote for that?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bp33 said:

Do you honestly think any Championship club, would vote for that?

They could breakaway....nowt would surprise me at the moment especially if some clubs go bust or are mothballed. But in reality I was being facetious.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

They could breakaway....nowt would surprise me at the moment especially if some clubs go bust or are mothballed. But in reality I was being facetious.

I must admit, I do like the idea of a breakaway group of teams, I guess for owners if it was outwith the umbrella of the SFA it would probably be doomed but as a flight of fancy, hell yeah, football outwith the SPFL and at a decent level... bring it on.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, chomp my root said:
On 3 June 2020 at 16:02, Ricky Spanish said:

Doncaster is making sure the clubs make a hash of this so that he stays Teflon coated. He is a secretary, and a jolly expensive one is IMO.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, chomp my root said:

I must admit, I do like the idea of a breakaway group of teams, I guess for owners if it was outwith the umbrella of the SFA it would probably be doomed but as a flight of fancy, hell yeah, football outwith the SPFL and at a decent level... bring it on.

The top flight broke away once already.

Relatively speaking, it didn’t take long for the leagues to reunite. 

• Like 2