Rate this topic

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The majority of people  seem to agree it was unfair for Hearts/ Thistle/ Stranraer to be relegated when they still had a chance of saving themselves. I suppose that's why restructuring is on the agend

Said from the start that null and void was the only fair outcome, benefits nobody and penalises nobody. Anything else was always going to leave some very happy and others very unhappy. However, f

It's a bit sh*t on maybe ourselves who were on a decent run and the other 3rd/4th sides but as much as there seems to be a lot of anger at Hearts desperation in all of this, it is horrific for them an

Couldn't agree more. I've been banging on about it for ages and have seen a number of fellow dees say the same thing. If Mr Nelms doesn't think the same or has not been pursuing the same argument then he has been letting the club and fans down. It would be interesting if a 14 club Premier is agreed and we as a club started kicking off about the unfairness of it would the SPFL/Doncaster give any notice. No I don't think they would either !!

It's a bit sh*t on maybe ourselves who were on a decent run and the other 3rd/4th sides but as much as there seems to be a lot of anger at Hearts desperation in all of this, it is horrific for them and Thistle to be relegated in that way and also especially poor to Falkirk who narrowly missed out on the league. I think though it would be the least bad solution and not disproportionately hurt some teams and gift to the likes of Hamilton, St Mirren, Alloa, QotS, Peterhead, Forfar etc who were all in relegation battles. it certainly isn't completely fair but I think it's a lot better and I could live with the cost on Dundee and a decent chance for next term.

If the cost of this is just a clock to then shift the burden of extra relegation/less promotion a couple of years down the line, that's pretty poor and not worth it. The top 6 are obviously not happy about losing a home game which is understandable if they have budgeted it but given the circumstances, it really doesn't seem like a huge sacrifice anyway given the issues with getting crowds in next term. It's also perfectly conceivable that Aberdeen could find themselves further down the table, they have been decent in terms of top 6 finishes recently but they've had years of being pish. I still think we could get it passed as a permanent change but it'll take a lot of maneuvering.

Anything more than 14 really messes up the prize money distributions which I think is a bit too much of a problem given the margins right now and the full-time teams already relying on cash injections, you'd be looking at Celtic taking a 25% hit in prize money and still pretty much everyone losing near half a million. Too much of the budgeting for next term has been done and if it come with extra relegation, it's another fear factor for some teams near the bottom. It's a nice idea but I don't really see any route to it being seriously considered.

• Like 3

Said from the start that null and void was the only fair outcome, benefits nobody and penalises nobody. Anything else was always going to leave some very happy and others very unhappy.

However, fairness and Scottish football can hardly be described as good bed mates.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, harry94 said:

It's a bit sh*t on maybe ourselves who were on a decent run and the other 3rd/4th sides but as much as there seems to be a lot of anger at Hearts desperation in all of this, it is horrific for them and Thistle to be relegated in that way and also especially poor to Falkirk who narrowly missed out on the league. I think though it would be the least bad solution and not disproportionately hurt some teams and gift to the likes of Hamilton, St Mirren, Alloa, QotS, Peterhead, Forfar etc who were all in relegation battles. it certainly isn't completely fair but I think it's a lot better and I could live with the cost on Dundee and a decent chance for next term.

If the cost of this is just a clock to then shift the burden of extra relegation/less promotion a couple of years down the line, that's pretty poor and not worth it. The top 6 are obviously not happy about losing a home game which is understandable if they have budgeted it but given the circumstances, it really doesn't seem like a huge sacrifice anyway given the issues with getting crowds in next term. It's also perfectly conceivable that Aberdeen could find themselves further down the table, they have been decent in terms of top 6 finishes recently but they've had years of being pish. I still think we could get it passed as a permanent change but it'll take a lot of maneuvering.

Anything more than 14 really messes up the prize money distributions which I think is a bit too much of a problem given the margins right now and the full-time teams already relying on cash injections, you'd be looking at Celtic taking a 25% hit in prize money and still pretty much everyone losing near half a million. Too much of the budgeting for next term has been done and if it come with extra relegation, it's another fear factor for some teams near the bottom. It's a nice idea but I don't really see any route to it being seriously considered.

I see it exactly the same as your first paragraph. I'll be delighted if there was some play off from a selfish perspective but 'big picture' I see the play offs as an easy sacrifice 'for the greater good'.  As you say, its looking like we shouldn't have any excuses next season, we'll be the big boys in the league...... 😱

• Like 1