The Dark Blues

Best Player You've Seen Play for Dundee?

Rate this topic

I'll start

Cant separate cc33, Nemsadze and weighorst.

All 3 were just unbelievable. Some of the things that I seen those three do wont ever be replicated at dens.

• Like 1
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Caballero or Nemsadze. Unbelievably gifted footballers, Caballero is up there as one of the best first touches I've seen in the flesh who should have played at a much higher. Post Admin 2 I would say

I was lucky enough to see Charlie Cook, has to be No1 followed by Gordon Strachan, Giorgi Nemsadza and Gary Harkins not much between them. Sadly I never seen the greatest, Billy Steel.

Started watching DFC in the mid 60's but I've got to agree re GGH.  In his first season, some of the things he came away with on the park were exquisite.  His attitude in the 25 point season speak for

Jim Duffy for me has to be up there, after a shaky start to his Dens career  he went on to be an outstanding defender, he read the game so well and was able to marshall a defence brilliantly.

• Like 1

Jocky Scott, Jim Duffy, Javier Artero, Fab Cab, Cc33 , Nemzadze, If it has to be one probably go with Cc33.

• Like 1

Its a very open question, can't argue with the suggestions so far, I'll go more recent and say post admin II, GGH has got to be up there for me.

• Like 2

Caballero or Nemsadze. Unbelievably gifted footballers, Caballero is up there as one of the best first touches I've seen in the flesh who should have played at a much higher. Post Admin 2 I would say Harkins and Stewart. 

• Like 3

The first great footballer I saw play for Dundee was Derek Ferguson, who sadly was only with us for a few games. His impeccable touch and ability to dictate a game was something I'd never seen before live. Before that our players were good in an 'up and at em' kind of way.

After that there was the majestic Wieghorst and the terrific Charnley before we were spoiled with the likes of CC, Georgi and Artero during the Bonetti era. More recently GGH joined my personal list of Dee greats with some outstanding performances.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Dandy McLean said:

Charlie Cooke and Georgi Nemsadze. Both incredible footballers.

Charlie Cooke was amazing and Jocky Scott was such an important player back then. Cabarello and Cannigia really were a joy to watch. Great memories 😌

7 hours ago, Dandy McLean said:

Charlie Cooke and Georgi Nemsadze. Both incredible footballers.

7 hours ago, Cobra said:

The first great footballer I saw play for Dundee was Derek Ferguson, who sadly was only with us for a few games. His impeccable touch and ability to dictate a game was something I'd never seen before live. Before that our players were good in an 'up and at em' kind of way.

After that there was the majestic Wieghorst and the terrific Charnley before we were spoiled with the likes of CC, Georgi and Artero during the Bonetti era. More recently GGH joined my personal list of Dee greats with some outstanding performances.

He was on a different level, made everything look easy and despite having no pace he found space and vision to never waste a pass.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to see Charlie Cook, has to be No1 followed by Gordon Strachan, Giorgi Nemsadza and Gary Harkins not much between them. Sadly I never seen the greatest, Billy Steel.

• Like 3
On 04/06/2020 at 10:49, chomp my root said:

Its a very open question, can't argue with the suggestions so far, I'll go more recent and say post admin II, GGH has got to be up there for me.

Started watching DFC in the mid 60's but I've got to agree re GGH.  In his first season, some of the things he came away with on the park were exquisite.  His attitude in the 25 point season speak for themselves.  For us older ones there is always the temptation to think that players were better in the 60's, 70's or 80's or that the players you watched when you first started going to Dens were the best.  Harkins is a modern day legend imo and his performance in the doon derby just gets better every time I watch the game.  He probably had a good few games where he was brilliant but the more I watch that game the more I realise how he dominated it.  It might be a case that we were so used to it we didn't appreciate it.

At this seasons Partick game, he came around by the Bobby Cox to warm up and got a decent reception from the fans.  Gobshite behind me pipes up 'what are they f**cking applauding him for?'

Not sure but it could have been CC? 😄

• Like 3