The Dark Blues

In Other News....

Rate this topic

Compare and contrast.

The huge front page headline on today’s edition of the Evening Telegraph gleefully trumpets “Ex-Dundee FC Player Accused of Bat Attack”. In the story, written by Ciaran Shanks, the “ex-player” turns out to be one John Carling, who, in Shanks' words, ”counted Dundee and Arbroath as former clubs before his career was cut short through injury at the age of 24”. Carling, the article goes on to mention, is now 45. In other words it’s 20 plus years since seemingly he was on the books of DFC!

Compare this story with the same paper’s Tuesday edition of this week, which devoted the best part of FOUR pages and contained no fewer than FIVE separate photographs of Lawrence Shankland!

This is shameful, disgraceful bias shown by a local paper which should surely be intent on impartiality. 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 2
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sadly nothing from DCT surprises me but I have long since stopped buying their 'newspapers' so it doesn't bother me. The Courier & Tully are a disgrace to the memory of the late great Sporting Pos

Compare and contrast. The huge front page headline on today’s edition of the Evening Telegraph gleefully trumpets “Ex-Dundee FC Player Accused of Bat Attack”. In the story, written by Ciaran Shan

I used to have a game on the Commodore 64 called 'Bat Attack' 🤭

Is this the same tit who got lifted for drink driving and 23 month in the jail for taking a knife to KFC and arguing with workers? 

Why is he even making the front page of the Tele? 

Why would anyone want to attack a bat? 😃 Bats are protected under UK law. The guy has committed a serious crime.

• Funny 1
15 minutes ago, Alf Resco said:

Compare and contrast.

The huge front page headline on today’s edition of the Evening Telegraph gleefully trumpets “Ex-Dundee FC Player Accused of Bat Attack”. In the story, written by Ciaran Shanks, the “ex-player” turns out to be one John Carling, who, in Shanks' words, ”counted Dundee and Arbroath as former clubs before his career was cut short through injury at the age of 24”. Carling, the article goes on to mention, is now 45. In other words it’s 20 plus years since seemingly he was on the books of DFC!

Compare this story with the same paper’s Tuesday edition of this week, which devoted the best part of FOUR pages and contained no fewer than FIVE separate photographs of Lawrence Shankland!

This is shameful, disgraceful bias shown by a local paper which should surely be intent on impartiality. 

Its just sensationalist, its like when some guy did 3 years in the army then 40 years later kills his wife its 'Ex squaddie slays wife'. 

Its done its trick if it got you to read it then get worked up over it. 

17 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

It used to take 30 minutes to load a game and quite often it wouldn't work!

The graphics have certainly improved since those days.

Play 7 Classic Commodore 64 Soccer Games Online - World Soccer Talk

19 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

7 minutes ago, Barfly said:

Why would anyone want to attack a bat? 😃 Bats are protected under UK law. The guy has committed a serious crime.

That game I had was pretty much killing bats that were attacking you 😆 Terrible game but fun when I was about 6 or 7 😏

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

It used to take 30 minutes to load a game and quite often it wouldn't work!

The graphics have certainly improved since those days.

Play 7 Classic Commodore 64 Soccer Games Online - World Soccer Talk

That looks like Emlyn Hughes Soccer, think I have that on the flash drive for the C64 Mini I have here 😂

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Alf Resco said:

Compare and contrast.

Sadly nothing from DCT surprises me but I have long since stopped buying their 'newspapers' so it doesn't bother me. The Courier & Tully are a disgrace to the memory of the late great Sporting Post.

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

That game I had was pretty much killing bats that were attacking you 😆 Terrible game but fun when I was about 6 or 7 😏

Do you watch videos of seal pups being clubbed to death? Or is it a real-life vocation of yours? Sorry, I need to assess the impact of your early exposure to on-screen violence. 😄

6 minutes ago, Barfly said:

Do you watch videos of seal pups being clubbed to death? Or is it a real-life vocation of yours? Sorry, I need to assess the impact of your early exposure to on-screen violence. 😄

😆 I'm happy to report that shooting killer bats on a C64 had no long-term effects on my attitude towards animal cruelty. I'm a lover not a fighter haha

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
1 hour ago, Alf Resco said:

Compare and contrast.

Is this the same " Late Extra " edition that you can now buy at 09.30am hell knows when you can  get the "First" edition ?

2 hours ago, Alf Resco said:

Compare and contrast.

Read it myself online..set of amateur Arab sympathising fuckers..how the f**k they get away with that type of crap,I’ll never know..C**TS

• Like 1
2 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Its just sensationalist, its like when some guy did 3 years in the army then 40 years later kills his wife its 'Ex squaddie slays wife'. 

Its done its trick if it got you to read it then get worked up over it. 

Is the rag published just to get on dees t*ts then