Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Harkins Retires

RossBFD

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

As many have and will say, what a player and what a guy. 

Always reminded me a bit of chic charnley in the way he was so talented and always played with a smile on his face. Was worth the entrance fee on his own many a game.

From starting out his first spell on the left wing under Jocky, to leading the one of, if not the most iconic dee sides in the deefiant season before coming back a third time to supply Kano and Gorgeous Greg from center mid in one of the best footballing Dee sides this century. 

He used to drive my old man nuts with his “berbatovesque” style of languid play. But after that defiant season he never called him out for not tracking back again 🤣

So sad to see the news that one of the very few “characters” left in the modern game is calling it a day. 

Get yourself in the Derry next season Jeebsy, you know it makes sense 💙👍🏻

DDYB

edit to add a few highlights of mine. 

His free kick v raith in the defiant season. The game when McCann scores the winner and that’s all anyone remembers. Well jeebsys equaliser minutes before was as good a free kick as you’ll see. 

The goal that got us back in the 2-2 game at the dump. Again overshadowed by The fact Mcpakes scores it but his desire to win the ball back in the middle of the park facing his own goal before firing in a brilliant long range shot which is spilt to mcpakes feet shows the player he was. 

The TKO celebration, enough said really. 

His hate of all things dayglo 😊

Edited by dblair
  • Like 1
  • Star Post 5

43 minutes ago, dblair said:

As many have and will say, what a player and what a guy. 

Always reminded me a bit of chic charnley in the way he was so talented and always played with a smile on his face. Was worth the entrance fee on his own many a game.

From starting out his first spell on the left wing under Jocky, to leading the one of, if not the most iconic dee sides in the deefiant season before coming back a third time to supply Kano and Gorgeous Greg from center mid in one of the best footballing Dee sides this century. 

He used to drive my old man nuts with his “berbatovesque” style of languid play. But after that defiant season he never called him out for not tracking back again 🤣

So sad to see the news that one of the very few “characters” left in the modern game is calling it a day. 

Get yourself in the Derry next season Jeebsy, you know it makes sense 💙👍🏻

DDYB

edit to add a few highlights of mine. 

His free kick v raith in the defiant season. The game when McCann scores the winner and that’s all anyone remembers. Well jeebsys equaliser minutes before was as good a free kick as you’ll see. 

The goal that got us back in the 2-2 game at the dump. Again overshadowed by The fact Mcpakes scores it but his desire to win the ball back in the middle of the park facing his own goal before firing in a brilliant long range shot which is spilt to mcpakes feet shows the player he was. 

The TKO celebration, enough said really. 

His hate of all things dayglo 😊

Worth putting up again....

• Like 4

Adblock Detected