The Dark Blues

Dundee Utd 3-4 Dundee

Rate this topic

If you could transport yourself back in time to once again experience a game live, which game would you pick?

For me it would be my first visit to the sticklebrick. What a day.

• Like 2
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The eighties.❤ A golden period for Scottish football. Competition for the big prizes domestically and making big waves in Europe. The Dees thumped Celtic 5-1 and 4-1 at Dens, emptied Der Hun from

🤮🤢

The Bomber was a colossus in that midfield..

Posted Images

I'm sure it would have been great to be a Dee in the 50s, 60s or 70s but when things went our way in the 80s it was f**cking amazing to be part of that crowd.

LuoJFQW.jpg

• Like 3

Could Dundee have been Scottish champions again if they didn't have to sell players in the late 70s and early 80s?

Fraser, McKimmie, McKinlay, Duffy, Strachan, Redford, Brown, Connor, Harvey, Rafferty, Ferguson. A lot of quality there. I don't think we would have been all that far away from challenging if we'd done well with the Pools like United and been able to prosper without player sales.

• Like 1

I think I would have idolised Sturrock as a kid if I was an Arab as he was the slightly built and gifted player that I was on the playground.

But because he wore tangerine I hated him. I think when you're a kid everything is black and white and you can't enjoy anything of quality when it hurts your team.

That said, I'm in my 40s now and still don't think I could bring myself to appreciate a goal scored against Dundee.

• Like 1

James Grady regrets playing for United because the highlight of his career was scoring a thunderblaster for the Dee at the sticklebrick.

Tosh McKinlay played 100+ games for Celtic so probably doesn't consider this moment as the highlight of his career, but f**k me, what a hit.

image.png.d2e971c358d92dccb5d0bf366c489544.png

37 minutes ago, Cobra said:

But because he wore tangerine I hated him. I think when you're a kid everything is black and white .

Still is mate - good guy , good guy, w**k

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
57 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I think I would have idolised Sturrock as a kid if I was an Arab as he was the slightly built and gifted player that I was on the playground.

But because he wore tangerine I hated him. I think when you're a kid everything is black and white and you can't enjoy anything of quality when it hurts your team.

That said, I'm in my 40s now and still don't think I could bring myself to appreciate a goal scored against Dundee.

I know what you mean, when you're young you need to pick a side a lot more, whether its music, football, politics.... everything. When you get older its easier to take a step back and see things for what they are. Would we have loved to have Sturrock at Dens ? Um... yeah, same as a lot of other players over the years. We still have that wee bit of tribalism in us though, I'll not be praising any goal against us, especially goals scored by our rivals, however good they were. I'm not immune from it either.

• Like 1
Just now, chomp my root said:

I know what you mean, when you're young you need to pick a side a lot more, whether its music, football, politics.... everything. When you get older its easier to take a step back and see things for what they are. Would we have loved to have Sturrock at Dens ? Um... yeah, same as a lot of other players over the years. We still have that wee bit of tribalism in us though, I'll not be praising any goal against us, especially goals scored by our rivals, however good they were. I'm not immune from it either.

Naw - ugly bas**** 😂

• Funny 2
3 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I agree with all that Chomp but you are always rational. You don't throw your toys out of the pram even when the filth score 6 against us!

I reserve the right to lose the plot when our players lose heavily to any team playing in dayglo.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I agree with all that Chomp but you are always rational. You don't throw your toys out of the pram even when the filth score 6 against us!

I reserve the right to lose the plot when our players lose heavily to any team playing in dayglo.

I have my moments mate. 

200.gif

• Funny 2
44 minutes ago, Cobra said:

James Grady regrets playing for United because the highlight of his career was scoring a thunderblaster for the Dee at the sticklebrick.

Tosh McKinlay played 100+ games for Celtic so probably doesn't consider this moment as the highlight of his career, but f**k me, what a hit.

image.png.d2e971c358d92dccb5d0bf366c489544.png

Do you have to Cobra? I'll forever be haunted by not seeing that goal.

1 minute ago, OCDee said:

Do you have to Cobra? I'll forever be haunted by not seeing that goal.

Did you miss the 4-3 game OCDee?

7 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Did you miss the 4-3 game OCDee?

No Cobra. I was there but still in the half time pie queue at the back of the enclosure when he scored. There was an almighty roar and maybe thirty seconds later some dishevelled loonie poked his head out from the exit and shouted 'McKinlay, f**cking screamer, yaaaaaaasssssss. I'm just glad it was on Sportscene or I'd have always wondered just how good it was.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It's Dundee United 3-3 Dundee. Dundee have a corner. Stuart Rafferty takes the corner. Bomber Brown rise to meet the cross. Derby history is made.

Xdavvsp.jpg

• Like 1