Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee Utd 3-4 Dundee

Cobra

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Could Dundee have been Scottish champions again if they didn't have to sell players in the late 70s and early 80s?

Fraser, McKimmie, McKinlay, Duffy, Strachan, Redford, Brown, Connor, Harvey, Rafferty, Ferguson. A lot of quality there. I don't think we would have been all that far away from challenging if we'd done well with the Pools like United and been able to prosper without player sales.

I think I would have idolised Sturrock as a kid if I was an Arab as he was the slightly built and gifted player that I was on the playground.

But because he wore tangerine I hated him. I think when you're a kid everything is black and white and you can't enjoy anything of quality when it hurts your team.

That said, I'm in my 40s now and still don't think I could bring myself to appreciate a goal scored against Dundee.

James Grady regrets playing for United because the highlight of his career was scoring a thunderblaster for the Dee at the sticklebrick.

Tosh McKinlay played 100+ games for Celtic so probably doesn't consider this moment as the highlight of his career, but f**k me, what a hit.

image.png.d2e971c358d92dccb5d0bf366c489544.png

57 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I think I would have idolised Sturrock as a kid if I was an Arab as he was the slightly built and gifted player that I was on the playground.

But because he wore tangerine I hated him. I think when you're a kid everything is black and white and you can't enjoy anything of quality when it hurts your team.

That said, I'm in my 40s now and still don't think I could bring myself to appreciate a goal scored against Dundee.

I know what you mean, when you're young you need to pick a side a lot more, whether its music, football, politics.... everything. When you get older its easier to take a step back and see things for what they are. Would we have loved to have Sturrock at Dens ? Um... yeah, same as a lot of other players over the years. We still have that wee bit of tribalism in us though, I'll not be praising any goal against us, especially goals scored by our rivals, however good they were. I'm not immune from it either.

Just now, chomp my root said:

I know what you mean, when you're young you need to pick a side a lot more, whether its music, football, politics.... everything. When you get older its easier to take a step back and see things for what they are. Would we have loved to have Sturrock at Dens ? Um... yeah, same as a lot of other players over the years. We still have that wee bit of tribalism in us though, I'll not be praising any goal against us, especially goals scored by our rivals, however good they were. I'm not immune from it either.

Naw - ugly bas**** 😂

3 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I agree with all that Chomp but you are always rational. You don't throw your toys out of the pram even when the filth score 6 against us!

I reserve the right to lose the plot when our players lose heavily to any team playing in dayglo.

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I agree with all that Chomp but you are always rational. You don't throw your toys out of the pram even when the filth score 6 against us!

I reserve the right to lose the plot when our players lose heavily to any team playing in dayglo.

I have my moments mate. 

200.gif

44 minutes ago, Cobra said:

James Grady regrets playing for United because the highlight of his career was scoring a thunderblaster for the Dee at the sticklebrick.

Tosh McKinlay played 100+ games for Celtic so probably doesn't consider this moment as the highlight of his career, but f**k me, what a hit.

image.png.d2e971c358d92dccb5d0bf366c489544.png

Do you have to Cobra? I'll forever be haunted by not seeing that goal.

Adblock Detected