Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The 80s

Cobra

What do Dees remember about the 80s? I'm thinking about stuff that doesn't exist nowadays.

I remember the old clock at the DC Keays end. I remember buying fanzines at the top of the Hulltoon. I remember walking up the old steps. I remember being thrust against the crush barriers in the Derry when Dundee scored and seeing f**k all.

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Bringing yer UB40 to the game, being able to buy vintage programmes beneath the main stand , the ABC board to check half time scores that were located in the match day programme, waiting In the queue for a pie at the back of the provie whist still able to watch the game and the smell of the urinals as you entered the provie rd /sandeman street turnstiles .

5 minutes ago, Barfly said:

Classy.😄 What was your strategy if you needed a number two? 

I think it was something of a similar routine Barfly. But you got someone else tae hud & streech it...In case ye dribbled on yir breeks:chaplin:

In those days; less inhibitions and more of a "togetherness"  No social distancing then ... But most did wear Facemasks as a precaution :ph34r:

Gloves, Wellies (hats even) were Optional. But those of us with a bit foresight & of a more cautious nature and less forthcoming wore all 3 :excited:

32 minutes ago, Gedee said:

I think it was something of a similar routine Barfly. But you got someone else tae hud & streech it...In case ye dribbled on yir breeks:chaplin:

In those days; less inhibitions and more of a "togetherness"  No social distancing then ... But most did wear Facemasks as a precaution :ph34r:

Gloves, Wellies (hats even) were Optional. But those of us with a bit foresight & of a more cautious nature and less forthcoming wore all 3 :excited:

Maybe I was ahead of my time Gedee. I was social distancing long before the term came into common use. You never knew when 'Helmut Schoen' would make a surprise appearance in your vicinity. Twenty metres was the recommended safe distance due to the unpredictable nature of the 'flash floods' that invariably followed.😄

14 hours ago, Barfly said:

Maybe I was ahead of my time Gedee. I was social distancing long before the term came into common use. You never knew when 'Helmut Schoen' would make a surprise appearance in your vicinity. Twenty metres was the recommended safe distance due to the unpredictable nature of the 'flash floods' that invariably followed.😄

Guid Stuff Barfly ... In these serious times, in both the Health & Fitba front, I think we are awe in need o a wee laugh) :lol2:

And to think the modern fans & supporters complain aboot the lack of "facilities" in today's toilet. In my younger days,

the place tae dae a pee for everyone wis ahent the Stand. On Big Match days. It wis like the swirling watters o' the Isla

or the Dichty in Full Spate. But as I said in them days, there was a sense of camaraderie between those who wore the 

Dark Blue. Many a time when travelling ahent the stand at half time (change ends) you could barely get passed when

The Peein' Mob were in full flow ... It was a case o' a hot cup o' tea in one hand, a hot peh in the ither hand. And then yir

mate if he'd a free hand took a firm grip o "yir thingy" while ye munched awa. Aye we made a lot o new freends then:chaplin:

1 hour ago, Gedee said:

Guid Stuff Barfly ... In these serious times, in both the Health & Fitba front, I think we are awe in need o a wee laugh) :lol2:

And to think the modern fans & supporters complain aboot the lack of "facilities" in today's toilet. In my younger days,

the place tae dae a pee for everyone wis ahent the Stand. On Big Match days. It wis like the swirling watters o' the Isla

or the Dichty in Full Spate. But as I said in them days, there was a sense of camaraderie between those who wore the 

Dark Blue. Many a time when travelling ahent the stand at half time (change ends) you could barely get passed when

The Peein' Mob were in full flow ... It was a case o' a hot cup o' tea in one hand, a hot peh in the ither hand. And then yir

mate if he'd a free hand took a firm grip o "yir thingy" while ye munched awa. Aye we made a lot o new freends then:chaplin:

Adblocker Detected