The Dark Blues

Natural Finisher

Rate this topic

Who was our mot natural finisher - i dont mean best player but best at finishing the ball into the net.

Grady ?

Lovell ? im swaying on him

Novo ? - he did struggle at start if i mind right

Sara ? - i wouldnt say him as he`d miss chances that he should have scored but he`d miss 5 but then score later

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Billy Pirie. He was deadly in front of goal.

Prior to the Doon Derby his success with us was the best GIRUY to the windae-lickers across the road. I was told by a United reserve players brother that every time Coyne scored for us McLean would go

Moussa

26 minutes ago, Ferry pub crawl said:

Tommy Coyne 

Good shout he was before my time following the dee

3 minutes ago, troodee1893 said:

Beat me to it! Pirie or Gillie with the head!

44 minutes ago, CC33 said:

Good shout he was before my time following the dee

Prior to the Doon Derby his success with us was the best GIRUY to the windae-lickers across the road. I was told by a United reserve players brother that every time Coyne scored for us McLean would go into a fit of rage. 😂😂😂

• Like 3

Tommy coyne.. Man was lethal in front of goal... Helped by the fact that him and Wright were always on the same wavelength 

2 hours ago, Dandy McLean said:

Billy Pirie. He was deadly in front of goal.

Best I ever saw in a Dundee top, him and Sinkie were a lethal partnership - for the record I was living away during the Coyne / Wright era and didn't see too much of them together.

41 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Best I ever saw in a Dundee top, him and Sinkie were a lethal partnership - for the record I was living away during the Coyne / Wright era and didn't see too much of them together.

You missed a treat PB. Coyne and Wright were deadly together. As charliedee said they were always on the same wavelength.

I remember getting a paper on a Saturday morning and reading we’d signed Wright from Raith. I said to my mates, “who the feck is he?” Boy, it didn’t take long to find out. He faced up to Roy Aitken one game and Aitken’s face was a picture. 😂

Big Sinkie had it all. He was brave, could finish with head and feet, tackle and his hold up play was brilliant.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Dandy McLean said:

Big Sinkie had it all. He was brave, could finish with head and feet, tackle and his hold up play was brilliant.

If only he'd really skelped that skinny DAB that night. Cheating b*****d that he was.

For me it was John Duncan. His tally of goals speak volumes with Wallace and Coyne running him close. Pirie was another excellent finisher, and let's not forget Caniggia.